Code of Conduct

Default Hypnose pour homme

Hey folks,

I recently read rave reviews about this cologne from lancome. My local store has a bottle and was wondering if you think it's worth trying out. Does it smell like anything on the market?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Hypnose pour homme

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hey folks,

I recently read rave reviews about this cologne from lancome. My local store has a bottle and was wondering if you think it's worth trying out. Does it smell like anything on the market?
    Rave reviews from where?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Fragrancenet and fragrancex, also there is a review on YouTube saying how great this cologne is...

For me, it's a nice and safe fragrance. In a nutshell -- dirty lavender and a little bit of mint in the background with a semi-sweet amber dry down. Chicks like it. Also, it's 1.7 oz (not the 2.5 oz) bottle looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    For me, it's a nice and safe fragrance. In a nutshell -- dirty lavender and a little bit of mint in the background with a semi-sweet amber dry down. Chicks like it. Also, it's 1.7 oz (not the 2.5 oz) bottle looks really nice.
    Thanks for your reply, is there anything on the market that smells like it??

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Thanks for your reply, is there anything on the market that smells like it??
    The only fragrance that I've tried that's similar to it would be Pasha de Cartier -- but this one is spicier and more of a formal scent.

Dont get much love on BN thats for sure but I think its pretty great

Banned

Hypnose is a lavender/amber. Nice but not remarkable, definitely safe. It would be hard to 'hate' Hypnose but it's not going to wow anyone. As I recall it didn't last too long in the stores, maybe a year before it was d/c'd. It's been a long time since I smelled it but from what I recall it's contains fairly familiar aromachemicals and will therefore be reminiscent of other modern masculines.

IMO it's worth trying out. Only you will know if it's for you.

I decided to go try it and definitely reminds me of miracle homme. I think it's a fantastic scent, I called lancome and they confirmed it is NOT discontinued....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    IMO it's worth trying out. Only you will know if it's for you.
    I agree.....Worth checking out for sure!!!
    Gary

Cool Bottle, nice safe scent for work while still being on the sweeter side of things. Nothing epic, but not bad!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    Want to buy or swap: A*men Ultra Zest, Bentley Intense, Mont Blanc Legend Intense, Paco Rabanne Invictus,

Didn't impress me much when I sprayed myself with this at Sears. Prada Amber Homme is better (no lavender notes there though, I think).

Nice bottle indeed.

I bought this last month. A little sweet, a little bitter - I love it. And longevity is pretty good on me as well.

it smells real nice, i tried it a couple times and got me compliments

I think it's an understated fragrance. Lavender and amber, a bit on the sweet side, does need just a few spritz to project well. Reasonably priced, cool bottle, it's a good all year rounder, although works better in colder seasons. Give it a try, but I would say it's a safe blind buy
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Every fragrance is worth trying but from my initial impression it's not worth buying. My memory is that it was quite generic.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by laph View Post
    Every fragrance is worth trying but from my initial impression it's not worth buying. My memory is that it was quite generic.
    I agree. It didn't make me rave.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I get pencil shavings galore, but rougher than in Gucci PH / Visit

A bit of fahrenheits greenness too.

Nothing spectacular, but pleasant

Checker, I'm glad you like it. Despite the lack of love it gets on here, it is a solid fragrance indeed! When I first tried it, I had spent well over an hour at Macys, sniffing up everything they had, but impressed by nothing. I was on my way out, and one of the sales associates asked me if I needed help with anything. I simply told her that I was looking for something nice that doesn't smell like everything else. She showed me 2 fragrances, and then this one. I sprayed it on the paper, and was like wow...that's nice! Kinda mild, smoothe, sweet...it just really worked for me. I didn't have any more skin to apply it to, after a day of trying other stuff on my skin, so on another occassion when I got it on my skin, it passed the skin test too. So naturally, next step: ONLINE PRICE SHOPPING! Bought it, and wore it quite a bit when I first got it. Especially in the spring and summer. Loved it in warm weather. I think I got Gucci Pour Homme II next, and when I got that, I started to wear it less. And when it got cold, I wore it even less. At one point, I kinda fell outta love with it, but...I still put it on every now and then, and for the most part, still find it quite satisfying. I would definetely buy it again though...

Frag Bomb Squadron XIII

It's not bad, but no wow! factor. Still better than a lot of the watery peppery crap they keep churning out these days. I wish the lavender has staying power though. Top marks for the bottle.

To me, this is ten times more innovative and distinctive than M7, at least when compared to M7 in its current formulation. I keep coming back to M7 hoping to discover the magic that everyone else seems to have found. With exception to my first couple of run-ins with M7, it's mostly left me wandering "Where'd it go??"

Hypnose is in the same vein or style: evening, heavy, spiced and sweet. It has wonderful elegance about it. Its sillage is both moderate and full; it doesn't shout, but it speaks with a clear, smooth, audible voice. Versatility? Well, that depends on the wearer and their purposes. At 21, it wasn't as versatile as I wanted, but now at 24, I can wear anything just about anytime so I don't worry about versatility. Does it smell unique? Without question. I'm a fan.
    Spring/Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme
    Kenzo Pour Homme (vintage)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vintage)
    D& G Masculine
    Christian Dior Dune
    Guerlain Homme (EDT)
    Bond No9 Riverside Drive

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)

Actually it┤s quite similar to Serge Lutens Gris Clair... Austere lavender with lots of sweetness. Obviously
    it lacks somewhat in complexity compared to Gris, but I think it┤s a more than decent designer frag.