Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • DSquared2 Potion

7 46.67%
  • DSquared2 He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood

3 20.00%
  • Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique

5 33.33%

Default DSQUARED2 Potion, He Wood Rocky Mountain, or Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique

Trying to decide between one of the three.
    I'm basically looking for a "sexy, woody day fragrance." Something that resembles D&G The One. Looks like the ladies and gents over on another site are highly suggesting these three, so I'd like to get everyone's final opinion.
    Mind you, I am a younger guy who is not very fond of those "older" fragrances (too musky, etc.)

Also, are Dsquared2 fragrance highly faked? I'm planning on using my $11 eBay voucher and buying whatever I decide on there.

Sound Scents

Default Re: DSQUARED2 Potion, He Wood Rocky Mountain, or Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique

I voted Potion, one of the best designer releases in relatively recent memory, IMO. Rocky Mountain Wood is also an excellent woody scent (more woody than Potion) but I don't think I would classify it as "sexy" with Potion being a better fit there. As for fakes, I am not aware of that being a problem for these, and my bottle of RMW was a tester off eBay that smells just fine, for reference.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Default Re: DSQUARED2 Potion, He Wood Rocky Mountain, or Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique

I'd go for Potion. Though I've never tried the Lalique. The original He Wood beats the He Wood Rocky Mountain (and even Potion) if "sexy" is what you're going for, in my opinion. But that's personal taste. I'd also look at M7 and some Tom Ford fragrances (for Men and even Black Orchid), also truly sexy wood fragrances. But might be too much for a (regular/office-proof?) day fragrance.

I think Potion is superb, but doesn't last or project on my skin sadly
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique

Had the same experience with Potion. Smells great, but stays very close to the skin and doesn't last very long. Such a shame.

That's my only problem with potion; a lot of people tend to have longevity problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here.
    Bad girls don't cry but get even.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Oh yeah, get this. Quality-wise it's a couple of streets ahead imo.

I am tempted to get the Potion Pure Oil version

Potion but as stated above, leaves you wanting more. Fantastic, resinous scent

From this list: Potion.

Thanks everyone. I'm seriously considering Potion but two reviews worry me. "Smells like a toned down Obsession" (I can not stand CK Obsession) and "sweet version of Dirty English" (I like Dirty English, but it's not what I am looking for).
    By the way, if anyone wants to throw out some suggestions, I am open to them.

Essentially, I guess I really am still looking for a projecting version of D&G The One