Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Women's Fragrance with the Best Longevity & Sillage?

Everything I tried from Madini lasts forever. And they are very inexpensive and in my opinion very good quality.
    http://madini.com/
    They also sell samples. One of their samples will give you countless wears.
    I also agree that Angel would be quite bad in hot weather. I am not a big fan of it, but the hot summer day when I wore, was not a pleasant one.
    I would also add Shalimar Eau Legere Parfumee. Not a sillage monster but it holds its own in the heat.

any more?

Sisley's Soir de Lune, killer sillage and staying power!
    Pecksniff's Chypre green if you want a fresh citrus fragrance which really stays for hours.
    www.aafke-art.com

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Anything NON-Niche?

..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
    Chanel Coco
    Chanel Coco,Poison Dior,LouLou Cacharel,Feminite De Bois -Shiseido,Opium YSL,Samsara Guerlain,Theorema Fendi (warm oriental spiced mostly)
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

YSL Paris Fleur de Parfum -- INSANE sillage and STELLAR longevity!!!

Ordered my Bottle of Angel from Ebay, waiting for it. heard it has a smell dat make u feel like eating it. Wonder whether the ppl in streets may wanna eat my woman. lol

DeepSilence

Escada Collection by Escada; sweet woody soapy. It's OK for hot weather.
    Longevity 10/10
    Projection 12/10

I would like to chime in with the sillage and longevity monster that is Givenchy's Amarige :

and i agree on the mentioned fracas, angel, opium ("vintage" now i guess) and for the chanels, it's always best edp and parfum of course.

cheers

Euphoria is nice -nicer for many than Angel (which can be too masculine on some women due to a very strong patchouli note).This lasts probably 8-12 hours on me and I drive 10-20 minutes to work and back in an un-air conditioned car.In the deep south.In 80 + degree weather.

Just received out bottle of Angel, & this is my take on it;

Too masculine & im kind of getting a headache. Not suitable at all for a warm climate. My woman did not like it at all. & I wore it for 1 day & still i have the smell on my clothes.. after 1 day it smells nice but initially its kindof a headache generator. so i guess gourmands arnt gonna do it in the hot weather. Good bye Angel!

Well after all i guess we are looking for a good summer scent here, a fresh/aquatic one like Cool water, but it has to last the whole day long & must project damn well.. Pls suggest me few.. i prefer the ones of the mainstream.

Dune by Dior has great lasting power and sillage. Also Youth Dew and Cinnabar by Estee Lauder. All 3 have been pretty much totally neglected by the 20's and 30's generation, so you have the added bonus of not smelling like everyone else. Same thing with Opium, always a sexy classic that can be relied upon for a bold statement, great longevity, and again slightly forgotten by the younger generation.

Sorry, I just read your last post and none of the fragrances I suggested are aquatic, they are all warm/spicy oriental types. The most mainstream aquatic that comes to mind for me is L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake. Major sillage, my manager has been wearing this for years, and I always know when she has been in a room. Also, I don't think that a lot of people consider Tom Ford White Patchouli or Black Orchid to be aquatic, but I get definite notes of aquatic/greens in both. Good luck!!

Deep Roses by Montale - 12 hours +
    Boise de Violette by Serge Lutens - 12 Hours +

bump

Joop! Femme has lovely sillage and lasts all day. Inexpensive but very good quality for the price. Starts off as a floral aldehyde but has an amazing vanilla deydown.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

Did you try Armani Acqua Di Gio? It sounds like what you're looking for.. aquatic/fresh/floral. Don't know about sillage/longevity as I have only smelled it on paper.

I really liked the Michael Kors Island scents for something summery/oceany/fresh, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. It amplified like CRAZY in the humid midwestern summer, though.

I'm not surprised its giving you a headache- tenacity for hot climates are all well and good, but it also has to perform well in the heat and not strangle you. Angel would be a monster in a hot climate!

Kai is a refreshing, cooling scent with ample sillage and longevity in the Eau de Parfum concentration. You must have a love for gardenia though. I agree with the suggestion of Dune, shares the same qualities- but is a marine floral. another is Datura Noir by Serge Lutens, its a cooling and clean almond and coconut scent which really holds up well in the heat. Light Blue by D&G and Deseo by JLO are also good.

An aquatic with big sillage and longevity might not be the easiest thing to find. Un Jardin sur le Nil has a lovely aquatic je ne sais quoi and decent longevity. Another good aquatic is Ferré Bergamotto Marino. Although any of these two could be esily worn by a man, they are not masculine-smelling.
    Magnolia Romana is my hot-weather fragrance this Summer.