Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Women's Fragrance with the Best Longevity & Sillage?

Im looking to buy a frag for my Girlfriend.. it must have the best longevity & Sillage because we live in a very hot country & most of these frags lasts only few hours & it vanishes. Also we sweat a lot, I need something that will last the whole day in very hot weather & have the best Sillage/Projection. thanx

damnit! its 31'C today

Default Re: Women's Fragrance with the Best Longevity & Sillage?

Angel by Thierry Mugler has tremendous sillage but it may not be suitable for very hot climes, as it
    is quite cloying if over-applied.
    I find Santa Maria Novella's Melograno will cut through most atmospheres
    and it lasts quite well. Also Dior's Hypnotic Poison lasts well and is big on sillage.
    The Estee Lauder's are reknowned for longevity and sillkage too. Why not try some of those.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Angel by Thierry Mugler has tremendous sillage but it may not be suitable for very hot climes, as it
    is quite cloying if over-applied.
    I find Santa Maria Novella's Melograno will cut through most atmospheres
    and it lasts quite well. Also Dior's Hypnotic Poison lasts well and is big on sillage.
    The Estee Lauder's are reknowned for longevity and sillkage too. Why not try some of those.
    yeah heard a lot abt Angel & my bottle is on the way from ebay, y over apply? will few sprays not last long enough? do u have to keep re applying?. Oh forget abt Hypnotic poison... it gives me a headache why the hell did Dior make such a disgusting smell.

Chanel Coco

anymore?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Delrae Bois de Paradis would fit the bill-- I find it overwhelming in the summer, myself.

+1 for the Estee Lauder. Very persistent - things like Private Collection or Azuree will cut through the heat and last.

If you have access to Arabian perfumes, Swiss Arabian Mukhallat Malaki (an oil) is also extremely persistent (and cheap)

cacio

Florida is hot, I have fragrance-eating skin and the best lasting perfume of my small collection is Jailia Yesterday I applied at 5am or so, re-applied around 9, worked all day (in air conditioning) waited for bus outside in the hot, worked out and sweated, and it was still there at 6pm, which is very good performance for me.

Basenotes Institution

Sisley's Eau de Soir- lasts and lasts and lasts even in hot and humid weather and that's two sprays.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Any of the Chanels are pretty big on sillage and last on the skin for hours.

Angel and Flowerbomb but as said very cloying. Aldehydic florals tend to really last.
    DONNA

I tend to think of the big 80s scents for longevity and sillage - Obsession, Paloma Picasso, Carolina Herrera, Coco, Eternity, Fendi, Ivoire, Jardins de bagatelle, Beautiful, Knowing, Must de Cartier, Moschino, Poison, Samsara, Sung, Tresor, Wrappings, Ysatis. All of these should be relatively easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by jacona View Post
    I tend to think of the big 80s scents for longevity and sillage - Obsession, Paloma Picasso, Carolina Herrera, Coco, Eternity, Fendi, Ivoire, Jardins de bagatelle, Beautiful, Knowing, Must de Cartier, Moschino, Poison, Samsara, Sung, Tresor, Wrappings, Ysatis. All of these should be relatively easy to find.
    Most of these mentioned here & previous are EDP's arnt they... & some are way too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by don03 View Post
    Most of these mentioned here & previous are EDP's arnt they... & some are way too expensive
    I think you are on the right track with Angel, if you both like that one you'll be in luck - not too pricey, very available.

Youth Dew will last me a good 12 hours and I tend to have a lot of fragrances disappear on me. $32 for 3.4 oz here in the states and I need two sprays at most. Wore it for a three hour car ride and had to wash it off it got some overpowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    I think you are on the right track with Angel, if you both like that one you'll be in luck - not too pricey, very available.
    Does Angel have a Longevity & Sillage as Joop Homme (Male) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post

Chanel 19 Eau de Parfum
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP (pink bottle)

Sisley's Soir de Lune and Tonka Imperiale by Guerlain

Well considering the cost factor, durability & availability, i guess i will settle with Angel

I guess you'll find out

I don't know if I've ever smelled Joop, but there is a lady here at work who wears the Angel and I can always tell when she's been somewhere, the scent remains, it's loud. She sometimes wears Britney Spears Fantasy which does the same thing, announces her and stays behind. I don't know if that one lasts or if she reapplies. She's our office Loud Perfume Lady but it fits her style and I don't think anyone is bothered by it.

Also, if you love something but it doesn't last in your climate or on your skin, reapplying isn't a big deal if you are wearing the same perfume a lot of the time. I have purse sprays of my beloved Jailia and Reglisse Noire, and roller-thing of Karmala, and a solid perfume of the Love Etc, together in a little bag in my purse so those are easy to reapply.

Vintage Rumba.

Angel Extrait de Parfum

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Fracas!!!
    but only two drops, pls!
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

definitively, yes!!! Even much more 'TM - Angel' does have than Joop Homme!!!! But I do not think to be so suitable to weather conditions at your country. it is very cloying and I cannot imagine the effect of it there...

I would try CHANEL - CRISTALLE EDT (no EDP)
    Excellent sillage and longevity, green, sweet and sparkling!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymph View Post
    Vintage Rumba.
    I LOVE vintage Rumba, but in very hot weather this may be very difficult to wear!!!

but this is one of my most loved perfumes ever!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorna_May View Post
    definitively, yes!!! Even much more 'TM - Angel' does have than Joop Homme!!!! But I do not think to be so suitable to weather conditions at your country. it is very cloying and I cannot imagine the effect of it there...

I would try CHANEL - CRISTALLE EDT (no EDP)
    Excellent sillage and longevity, green, sweet and sparkling!!!!
    anything else u can suggest? which does not cloy but have the same longevity & sillage as Angel/Joop..? thanx

anything else u can suggest? which does not cloy but have the same longevity & sillage as Angel/Joop..? thanx
    Another excellent perfume as itself because its delightful smell and more than excellent sillage & longevity (actually a longevity monster to my skin) is YVRESSE by YSL. Very classy, not cloying, and for me it has a good development. More 8 hours longevity on my skin, and it shows elegance... I really love this stuff!!!!

Another excellent perfume as itself because its delightful smell and more than excellent sillage & longevity (actually a longevity monster to my skin) is YVRESSE by YSL. Very classy, not cloying, and for me it has a good development. More 8 hours longevity on my skin, and it shows elegance... I really love this stuff!!!!
    how about CK Euphoria?

how about CK Euphoria?
    Oh, so sorry!!!
    I do not know EUPHORIA so I cannot help you. Check the reviews at database so you can approach to this fragrance. But for sure there is someone her who can explain how good or not is this perfume for your expectatives.

Oh, so sorry!!!
    I do not know EUPHORIA so I cannot help you. Check the reviews at database so you can approach to this fragrance. But for sure there is someone her who can explain how good or not is this perfume for your expectatives.
    thanx

Everything I tried from Madini lasts forever. And they are very inexpensive and in my opinion very good quality.
    http://madini.com/
    They also sell samples. One of their samples will give you countless wears.
    I also agree that Angel would be quite bad in hot weather. I am not a big fan of it, but the hot summer day when I wore, was not a pleasant one.
    I would also add Shalimar Eau Legere Parfumee. Not a sillage monster but it holds its own in the heat.

any more?

Sisley's Soir de Lune, killer sillage and staying power!
    Pecksniff's Chypre green if you want a fresh citrus fragrance which really stays for hours.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Anything NON-Niche?

..?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfink View Post
    Chanel Coco
    Chanel Coco,Poison Dior,LouLou Cacharel,Feminite De Bois -Shiseido,Opium YSL,Samsara Guerlain,Theorema Fendi (warm oriental spiced mostly)
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

YSL Paris Fleur de Parfum -- INSANE sillage and STELLAR longevity!!!

Ordered my Bottle of Angel from Ebay, waiting for it. heard it has a smell dat make u feel like eating it. Wonder whether the ppl in streets may wanna eat my woman. lol

DeepSilence

Escada Collection by Escada; sweet woody soapy. It's OK for hot weather.
    Longevity 10/10
    Projection 12/10

I would like to chime in with the sillage and longevity monster that is Givenchy's Amarige :

and i agree on the mentioned fracas, angel, opium ("vintage" now i guess) and for the chanels, it's always best edp and parfum of course.

cheers

Euphoria is nice -nicer for many than Angel (which can be too masculine on some women due to a very strong patchouli note).This lasts probably 8-12 hours on me and I drive 10-20 minutes to work and back in an un-air conditioned car.In the deep south.In 80 + degree weather.

Just received out bottle of Angel, & this is my take on it;

Too masculine & im kind of getting a headache. Not suitable at all for a warm climate. My woman did not like it at all. & I wore it for 1 day & still i have the smell on my clothes.. after 1 day it smells nice but initially its kindof a headache generator. so i guess gourmands arnt gonna do it in the hot weather. Good bye Angel!

Well after all i guess we are looking for a good summer scent here, a fresh/aquatic one like Cool water, but it has to last the whole day long & must project damn well.. Pls suggest me few.. i prefer the ones of the mainstream.

Dune by Dior has great lasting power and sillage. Also Youth Dew and Cinnabar by Estee Lauder. All 3 have been pretty much totally neglected by the 20's and 30's generation, so you have the added bonus of not smelling like everyone else. Same thing with Opium, always a sexy classic that can be relied upon for a bold statement, great longevity, and again slightly forgotten by the younger generation.

Sorry, I just read your last post and none of the fragrances I suggested are aquatic, they are all warm/spicy oriental types. The most mainstream aquatic that comes to mind for me is L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake. Major sillage, my manager has been wearing this for years, and I always know when she has been in a room. Also, I don't think that a lot of people consider Tom Ford White Patchouli or Black Orchid to be aquatic, but I get definite notes of aquatic/greens in both. Good luck!!

Deep Roses by Montale - 12 hours +
    Boise de Violette by Serge Lutens - 12 Hours +

bump

Joop! Femme has lovely sillage and lasts all day. Inexpensive but very good quality for the price. Starts off as a floral aldehyde but has an amazing vanilla deydown.

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

Did you try Armani Acqua Di Gio? It sounds like what you're looking for.. aquatic/fresh/floral. Don't know about sillage/longevity as I have only smelled it on paper.

I really liked the Michael Kors Island scents for something summery/oceany/fresh, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea. It amplified like CRAZY in the humid midwestern summer, though.

I'm not surprised its giving you a headache- tenacity for hot climates are all well and good, but it also has to perform well in the heat and not strangle you. Angel would be a monster in a hot climate!

Kai is a refreshing, cooling scent with ample sillage and longevity in the Eau de Parfum concentration. You must have a love for gardenia though. I agree with the suggestion of Dune, shares the same qualities- but is a marine floral. another is Datura Noir by Serge Lutens, its a cooling and clean almond and coconut scent which really holds up well in the heat. Light Blue by D&G and Deseo by JLO are also good.

An aquatic with big sillage and longevity might not be the easiest thing to find. Un Jardin sur le Nil has a lovely aquatic je ne sais quoi and decent longevity. Another good aquatic is Ferré Bergamotto Marino. Although any of these two could be esily worn by a man, they are not masculine-smelling.
    Magnolia Romana is my hot-weather fragrance this Summer.