Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best & Favorites Shower Gels

Your Favorites and Best Shower Gels ...

Molton Bronw Bracing Silverbirch
    Scullys Lavender
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Default Favorites and Best Shower Gels

Your favorites and best Shower gel ....

Molton Bronw Bracing Silverbirch
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Scullys Lavender
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Default Re: Favorites and Best Shower Gels

I actually use either a no-name Greek olive oil soap or Musgo Real soap most of the time. I've tried several gels, though, and kept two: Creed Silver Mountain Water and Creed Erolfa.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

+1 for Guerlain Vetiver. I scored some vintage edt, deodorant, and shower gel. Awesome stuff. I like the current formulation of Guerlain's Vetiver, but the vintage really is different, imo, and I like the vintage better.

I like Bath & Body Works's Sensual Amber shower gel, too, even if it's intended for women. It goes well with Pure Malt, Goutal's Amber Fetiche, and pretty much any other frag like that. Of course, Mugler's A*Men body wash is fantastic, too (assuming you like the scent to begin with, obviously).

YSL's M7 shower gel leaves a nice spicy, earthy scent.

As pedestrian as it may be, Axe Dark Temptation body wash has apparently been "improved". I hadn't tried the original, but the "new improved scent" has a nice ambery tone to it.

Etro's Vetiver body wash is amazing. Besides the obvious Etro edc, it also goes well with MPG's Route du Vetiver and Vetiver by Villoresi.

Etro's Patchouly body wash is also a good base for patch-heavy fragrances, and seems to have pretty good longevity.

I've definitely found that getting matching body wash and/or deodorant is a slippery slope, which is the point, I assume. I find myself wanting to get the deodorant and body wash for all of my faves. That can get expensive, so I've been finding other complementary scents if possible, like the B&BW Sensual Amber. Some of the matching body washes work pretty well and enhance the longevity of the eau de whatever, as well as offer a slightly different take on the fragrance. But some I've found don't lather very well at all without squeezing out the whole tube (Varvatos Vintage, in my experience). And, unless I got some bogus stuff, the Ungaro III body wash is an unimpressive complement to the fragrance.

By Man shower gel is wonderful...

I enjoy shower gels by Korres as well as L'Occitane. These are handy for travelling as they can easily be decanted into smaller bottles.
    I prefer soap bars though, my favourites being Taylors of Old Bonds St. Sandalwood, as well as D.R.Harris' Arlington.

Default Re: Best & Favorites Shower Gels

Molton Brown - blissful templetree. Amazing.

Nothing fancy for me - just the regular Bourjois, Dove, Cottage, Nivea, even Axe (hiding my face with shame, I know) shower gels seem to have done an excellent job on my skin so far, while I also like their smell

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

I just use Lynx shower gels.

I have no idea what I'm looking for when it comes to shower gels.

Rainbath by Neutrogena.

Carthusia's Body range gets top marks from me!

I have gone through several bottles of Wash With Joe. I can't get enough of the bracing mint, and the waft of coffee that follows.

Shower gels are great, I have Chrome Sport, Mugler Cologne, Amen and Polo Blue. Guerlain Vetiver sounds amazing as a shower gel, guess I'll have to check that one out next!

I use Dove pro-age. Does its job as far as I can tell.

I really like Prada Infusion d'Homme, but I normally buy large bars of olive oil soap. I tried few Body Shop products, White Musk for Men is quite nice too
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I like Molton Brown, Korres and Sisley Eau de Camapagne shower gels. I think that Korres is great value for money and they have good "try me" packs with 50ml size products.

Basenotes Member

Dove for men unscented...

My favourite is Lavera for men.

I also think the Dior Homme shower gel is great, makes the skin look and feel fantastic. Pity i don't care much about the scent, but you should try it if you do!

The best I've ever run into might the Prada Infusion. I try a lot of them, and that one really stands out if you like the scent of Infusion d'Homme.

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

I use Nivea ones at the moment. They are very good.

Molton Brown - Black Pepper Re-Charge
    Molton Brown - Bracing Silverbirch

I love the M7 body wash, but apparently it's been discontinued. Anyone know where to get some, or something similar?

i went through several 750ml bottles of pino silvestre. i like these a lot, and they're cheap.
    i have a vintage guerlain vetiver, tommy girl, bandit, fracas, knize ten, joy. paco rabanne ph.
    i would like a simple but good lavender. yardley was so disappointing!
    and there's always something without (much) scent around.

Brazilian culture dont use shower gels, we use shampoo for the hair and bar soap for the body.
    Its that we have in the supermarket to buy.
    But i tried some shower gels that come in gift sets, and liked a lot.

Angel Men, Drakkar Noir, and the very best, Black Orchid. OMG black orchid is delicious, really strong, rich and luxurious, also last very long on the skin.

But i find shower gels a little bit expensive. A soap bar here we pay 0.5 dollars to 2 dollars, and a shower gel is up to 10 dollars.

i like soap bars, but hardly ever use them because, like liquid soaps in public toilets, they dry my skin out a lot.
    i have several vintage guerlain soap bars, like habit rouge, another called 'iris' and i love their precious scent.

just finished using PS Design. gonna start using Kenneth Cole Black Shower Gel

One that I like which I bought from the Nickel Spa was Nickel Morning After Rescue.

no mention of original source? mint one is the best

That Molten Brown - Bracing Silverburch is REALLY good stuff.

Sur la Plage

A variety of Philosophy shower gels
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I have been using Molton Brown's Black Pepper Recharge recently and it is the most invigorating shower gel i've ever tried. I will definitely try more from their range (Fresh Bushukan will be probably next).

Quote Originally Posted by ChoppedGarlic View Post
    I have been using Molton Brown's Black Pepper Recharge recently and it is the most invigorating shower gel i've ever tried. I will definitely try more from their range (Fresh Bushukan will be probably next).
    Black Pepper is invigorating as you say. Try blissful templetree. A favorite of mine.

for swap/sale:

I've used a couple Philosophy ones and I don't enjoy them as much as Molton Brown. Although, I do enjoy their "Butterscotch Bliss" shampoo that can be used as a body wash.

I have tried a few since Xmas (definitely looking for more suggestions!) but here is what I have given a shot:
    Armani Diamonds
    Armani Code
    Armani AdG
    Silverbirch
    Black Pepper (favorite)
    Guess Man
    Hugo Boss
    Bvlgari
    TdH (favorite)
    Gucci II (favorite)

***What else are people trying these days?***
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Banned

I have to say Anthony Logistics Spice Body wash is A+, but when I'm poor, I stick with Excite from Axe. Boo!

- Dr Bronner's Peppermint Liquid Soap. Fresh !
    - Frédéric Malle Bigarade
    - Nesti Dante Luxury Gold Soap
    - Nesti Dante Bergamote et Cèdre

Definately Axe Excite!
    A warm fragrance that smells just awwesome...
    I discover some coconut note in it

Currently have:

Old Spice

Irish spring

Trying to buy:

Geo F. Tumper Spanish Leather wash

I also think the Dior Homme shower gel is great, makes the skin look and feel fantastic. Pity i don't care much about the scent, but you should try it if you do!
    Dior Homme shower gel is amazing. I got it as gift and was very impressed how good it smelled. Of course I'm also a fan of DH fragrance.

- - - Updated - - -

Dior Homme shower gel is amazing. I got it as gift and was very impressed how good it smelled. Of course I'm also a fan of DH fragrance.

Lately, I have also developed a fondness for Yves Rocher shower gels: mainly the lime, the orange, the olive oil, the lavender and the vetiver ones.

Everyman jack mint.

I have been buying mine from Bodyshop . Kistna for summer and Activist/Arber during cooler days.

Shower gels have two purposes.

The cheap ones and non-desgner ones are used for washing the body all over with those scrunchy net applicators, and they do a great job around the neck and in underarms compared to soap by itself. But they are subaverage for removing suntan lotion. My favourite is currently Batman.

The designer ones are used for layering scents into skin pores - they are not meant for washing all over. At the end of a shower, apply a small amount to a sponge, get out of the shower stream, apply all over, then quickly jump back under the shower and rinse off. The scent will last for many hours, and come flooding out when you perspire a bit (e.g. from dancing).

This is the reason that those tiny tubes of shower gel you get in gift sets are very useful - they aren't meant to be used up in one or two washes.
    Regards,
    Renato

Just some comment on the Molton Brown shower gels. If you are a fan on Rive Gauche PH, I urge you to try out their Suma Ginseng. It's not spot on the same, but it has that "ambery fougere" thing going on. Would be a good base layer to RGPH or Azzaro.

Bracing Silverbirch goes well with Declaration, but I'm not a huge fan. I'm finishing up a bottle now and after that I don't think we will get any more.

I like the Citrus ones, obviously. Bushukan smells spot on like traditional Eau de Cologne to me, like Jean Marie Farina without the rose. AB+C is Orange Blossom and thats pretty much it, nice but not as good as Toko-Yuzu which I would say is best of the 3, I do wish they'd make a fragrance version of that one.

I also like Yuan Zhi, its loaded to the brim with Ylang Ylang and I'm not usually a big florals fan but this one I like. My wife seems to arrange for there to always be a bottle of the Eucalyptus in the house, which is good, because I have way too many mornings where I just want to go back to sleep and this one is great wake up juice.

But my absolute favourite of theirs is Paradisiac Pink Pepperpod. Its marketed at women, and its pink just to drive the point home... but its about as close to unisex a scent as they make. Balmy, spicy and not too peppery.

We are going to stick to buying the last 3, plus Templetree which is my wifes fav, because we mainly buy a French brand that smells great and is stupid cheap, La Compagnie de Provence. Their Verbena is just great stuff.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Shower gels have two purposes.

The cheap ones and non-desgner ones are used for washing the body all over with those scrunchy net applicators, and they do a great job around the neck and in underarms compared to soap by itself. But they are subaverage for removing suntan lotion. My favourite is currently Batman.

The designer ones are used for layering scents into skin pores - they are not meant for washing all over. At the end of a shower, apply a small amount to a sponge, get out of the shower stream, apply all over, then quickly jump back under the shower and rinse off. The scent will last for many hours, and come flooding out when you perspire a bit (e.g. from dancing).

This is the reason that those tiny tubes of shower gel you get in gift sets are very useful - they aren't meant to be used up in one or two washes.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Nominated for most useful comment of the month. Honestly.
    EDIT: For that month in 2012, I mean, LOL.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

No gels at all !

Am I the only one in here to prefer regular soaps ? The following are my favourite soaps:
    (1) Green Mountain Soap Bayberry
    (2) Martin de Candre Fougère
    (3) Fine Scottish Soaps

But most of the time I prefer handmade unscented soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by LloydLlewellyn View Post
    Nominated for most useful comment of the month. Honestly.
    EDIT: For that month in 2012, I mean, LOL.
    Thanks,
    Glad I could be of help.
    Regards,
    Renato

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by decraew View Post
    No gels at all !

Am I the only one in here to prefer regular soaps ? The following are my favourite soaps:
    (1) Green Mountain Soap Bayberry
    (2) Martin de Candre Fougère
    (3) Fine Scottish Soaps

But most of the time I prefer handmade unscented soaps.
    Soaps are good too.

Shower gels and loofas (plastics mesh things) may be the best thing there is for cleaining one's neck area, but shower gels are generally subaverage at getting rid of suntan lotion.

For luxury, I like my Aramis soap bar. My wife hates Aramis EDT, but likes the smell from Aramis soap.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 15th May 2014 at 02:42 PM.

I've been using dr bronners unscented bodywash for babies (Its the only unscented dr bronners i could find lol) And dr bronners citrus orange bodywash if i know i'll be wearing a citrus based fragrance. You can find it at most health food markets.. its good stuff. Also african black soap is good
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 18th May 2014 at 08:58 AM.

Ahava Men's Mineral Shower Gel

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400904744.655677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No designer stuff for me because I can't afford them. I shower at least 2 times and sometimes 3 times a day so it can get very expensive if I use designer. I just use Nivea for Men and Nivea in-shower body lotion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by just-visiting; 28th May 2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by just-visiting View Post

No designer stuff for me because I can't afford them. I shower at least 2 times and sometimes 3 times a day so it can get very expensive if I use designer. I just use Nivea for Men and Nivea in-shower body lotion.
    That body scrub and Power Refresh look pretty good. I haven't seen either one of those here in the States. I know in Germany Nivea has tons of mens products that aren't available elsewhere. Where are you buying these?

It looks like the body scrub is available at Walgreens after all. I'll be checking that stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by CMan0928 View Post
    That body scrub and Power Refresh look pretty good. I haven't seen either one of those here in the States. I know in Germany Nivea has tons of mens products that aren't available elsewhere. Where are you buying these?

I get some of Nivea men when I travel overseas. The Nivea body scrub are available at Walmart. I usually scrub twice a week. If I'm out of the Power Refresh then I just use the other 2 Niveas.

I get some of Nivea men when I travel overseas. The Nivea body scrub are available at Walmart. I usually scrub twice a week.
    Oh okay. What's the Power Refresh Body Wash smell like?

Very lemony citrus.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to exfoliate daily just like the facial.

Very lemony citrus.
    I kinda figured. That's right up my alley. I'll have to track down a bottle of that.

Anyone tried anything good this summer so far?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Default Best & Favorites Shower Gels

Just picked up some of the Jack Black All-Over Wash. Haven't used it yet, but I have high hopes for it. It gets really good reviews online.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404179726.660626.jpg

Just picked up some of the Jack Black All-Over Wash. Haven't used it yet, but I have high hopes for it. It gets really good reviews online.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404179726.660626.jpg

Love their body washes. I think they have three in large bottles now, all worth it.