Code of Conduct

Default Male / Unisex scents withe the Base Notes containg "IMMORTELLE"?

Just got into COLLECTING and its just struck me that one base note in particular may have influenced my collection - IMMORTELLE.

Immortelle is a yellow rugged plant found around the Mediterranean countries especially on the island of Corsica. Its Latin name originates from Gold and Sun.

In the top spots in my collection goes too:

Christian Dior – Eau Noire (Francis Kurkdjian)
    Histoires de Parfums – 1740 Marquis de Sade (Gerald Ghislain)

Then it struck me maybe I should investigate further and seek put other scents with Immortelle.

I need help please to have your input on your experience with what other scents contain Immortelle that you feel merit a sniff or to be considered as a serious buy?

Default Re: Male / Unisex scents withe the Base Notes containg "IMMORTELLE"?

Not necessarily as the basenote, however:

Etat Libre d'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This

Pierre Balmain Ambre Gris

Escada Magnetism

Parfums de Nicolaï Vanille Intense

Sables by Annick Goutal

Coriolan by Guerlain

FUEL FOR LIFE men by DIESEL

Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal

Cuir Beluga (Guerlain)

Havana Vanille by L'artisan Parfumeur
    1270 by Frapin
    Cuir Beluga by Guerlain

Sables Annick Goutal ...definitely

Sables / Eau de Sud are already on my radar BUT I know I am on the right track because you guys saw it too. 1270 have not sniffed so an interesting target. Cuir Beluga - hmm must of missed that..going back to Guerlain to sniff. Tilda Swinton I am on a wearing test. Other suggestions already sniffed but might have to be reviewed.
    Keep it flowing guys and thank you!

Sur la Plage

Sables is the king of immortelle.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lutens' Jeux de Peau.

Chêne
    Jubilation XXV

wow - Serge Lutens has an Immortelle and I did not know. lol Amourage too ..lol Keep them coming!

Fougère Bengale

SL Chypre Rouge.

I don't know if it's especially "masculine" or even "chypre", but it is unmistakably suffused with immortelle. Besides, you are in Paris so you should have an easier time finding it than most.

lol.. just read all 37 reviews or Chene and identical number of reviews on Jubilation. Not one reference too Immortelle or a cross reference with any other scent close to Immortelle. lol Hmm "Chypre" ....let's have a look and a sniff. If I could remember that with Serge Lutens Chypre and Chene I had sniffed these previously but was obviously not impressed enough to beat the other 12 Serge Lutens bottles/Bell Jars that I had acquired first.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Just ... IMMORTELLE.
    ... other scents contain Immortelle that you feel merit a sniff or to be considered as a serious buy?
    Of course L'Artisans Patchouli Patch - it is nearly an immortelle soliflor. But better. I have two variaties of natural immortelle oil at hand. Both are unbearable hefty or - in a too low concentration imperceptable. PP manages to make it shine for several hours, and that is was good pefumery around naturals is about.

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Sables is the king of immortelle.
    Sables is king. You should also try 1740 Marquis de Sade. Long lasting immortelle there.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

+1 on Sables, 1740 & Eau Noire.
    The immortelle isn't as prominent or perhaps it's more well-blended in Amouage JXXV.

Also try: -

Tubereuse La Animale by Histoires de Parfums

FAREB by Huitieme Art Parfums

Dior - Eau Noire

Banned

I typically hate immortelle but Etat Libre d'Orange Like This is an amazing treatment of immortelle...

Hmm, I don't get any considerable immortelle out of a few listed so far (1270, Jubilation XXV, etc). Be sure to test!

The two you have are fabulous and some of the best of the breed. It sounds like you're looking for more in that same type - some others that are heavy in immortelle that haven't been mentioned so far are Patchouli by Comme des Garcons (loads of immortelle, earthy patchouli) and Eau de Gloire by Parfum d'Empire (traditional eau with some spice and immortelle).
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

hmm thanks Diamondflame ..another two to look into. BTW. Have Eau Noire + 1740 thats the two that set me off the Immortalle path.. lol.. Tilda Swinton / Like This Full wear testing tomorrow dependent on how I feel tomorrow morning lol..

Huitième Art Parfums : Fareb (Pierre Guillaume)

"Immortelle has long time ago become one of my favourite ingredients, and many of my most loved scents are based on this highly aromatic flower.

Fareb however, in where immortelle is very much the main theme, is a bit too much for me -- or should I say, too little? I'm not completely sure, actually.
    It is a quite well made fragrance although it's very simple (almost one liner), and it's also interesting and rather impressive, but I simply find it very unwearable. And why? Because I admit it reminds me too much of the smell of sweaty hang-overed people, stale cigarette smoke and dreary childhood. Clear and undeniable picture, that unfortunitely rings true.

And if I force myself to approach it from a different angle, I see a bouquet of waxy flowers that's been sprinkled over very liberally with garam masala, black cumin leading the parade. Hardly enjoyable in action, either.

Fareb is like a sad and lonely offspring of 1740 (HdP) and Eau d'Hermes. Like an immortelle who desperately needs some company from other notes. It feels very much unfinished."

Still, an absolute must try for every immortelle fan.

L'Homme Sage gets my vote. The immortelle is fairly well blended in this one, but definitely present. And I love the scent...

OH, another one I just remembered that I think you'd really like - Divine's L'être aimé
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

another Divine: L'Etre Aime Homme. Wearing it today in fact and thinking about picking up a full bottle!

I was going to say CdG Patchouli, but jrd4t mentioned it already. I once smelled the raw ingredient in the SF Diptyque boutique (la la, la la), and it smelled a lot like Kahlua.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    +1 on Sables, 1740 & Eau Noire.
    The immortelle isn't as prominent or perhaps it's more well-blended in Amouage JXXV.

Also try: -

Tubereuse La Animale by Histoires de Parfums

FAREB by Huitieme Art Parfums
    Yes on all.

Give me Sables or give me death. Sables is the immortelle bomb for sure.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Give me Sables or give me death.
    Congratulations DustB. We have a winner for post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Congratulations DustB. We have a winner for post of the day.
    I was thinking of giving you the same award on another thread tonight, my friend! Be well!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.