Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Blind Bought Terre d' Hermes, Couldn't Help But Notice...

Mail came yesterday with my 50ml Terre d'Hermes EDT and I can't believe how awesome this fragrance is, I tested it that day and I love the whole thing, first spray to dying vapors. Very comfortable scent to me, but one thing I noticed was it's similarity to Burberry's The Beat for Men but with less cedar, more citrus.

Anyone else pick up on this or is my brain misfiring?
    .Dave J

Default Re: Blind Bought Terre d' Hermes, Couldn't Help But Notice...

I dont find the similarities. The beat hit my nose with so much salty peppers and i hated.
    Terre i love to death the earthy accord

Probably my all time favorite. I'm amazed every time I put it on.

Nice Blind!

Don't see the similarities either. Great blind buy.

I keep reading about how good this is, but which one are you talking about, could you give me a link ?

Quote Originally Posted by yukselserdar View Post
    I keep reading about how good this is, but which one are you talking about, could you give me a link ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125219.html
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Glad you like it! I sampled it on Friday and found it pleasant, but it just smelled like slightly sweet fresh orange juice on my skin, with this light transparent aura around it.

That's not cedar your smelling it's the ISO E Super.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I dont find the similarities. The beat hit my nose with so much salty peppers and i hated.
    Terre i love to death the earthy accord
    That's it! That's the descriptor I couldn't find, definately earthy. One hell of a product! I suspect this is going to be one of the few that make it on my "replace empty bottle" list.
    .Dave J

yeah its a good one

Quote Originally Posted by xdsjx View Post
    That's it! That's the descriptor I couldn't find, definately earthy. One hell of a product! I suspect this is going to be one of the few that make it on my "replace empty bottle" list.
    Roadster by Cartier share some earthy vibe too, you should try.
    But be alarmed that terre is superior by far

Congrats on your buy. I sampled The Beat long time ago but I dont think that it smelled like Terre that has very unique smell to me.

Anyway, Terre smelled bit different on my skin both times I tried it. First time it was more orange than earthy base, second time it went almost directly to earth base. I still prefer scent that remained on my clothes (very forest like aura) but it doesnt smell like that on my skin . Also longevity wasnt that great (just like 6-7 hours). It is indeed nice masculine but I will get it just when I am bit older.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Good blind buy. I no longer do this, since I have been dissappointed, well, every time I have done it. Decants for me.

I found the two scents to smell kinda similar, with Terre having a bit more orange. I also thought that Burberry Brit's drydown smelled similar to 1 Million by Paco Rabanne.

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    Good blind buy. I no longer do this, since I have been dissappointed, well, every time I have done it. Decants for me.
    Yeah I'm not much of a gambler actually. I prefer to order samples and lose a few bucks to a bad order than the cost of a whole bottle. I'm not rich enough to be able to not care. In this case I needed a suprise, good or bad and I knew I'd probably be able to recoop most of my cost on a resale/trade here since it garners praise in general.

It was actually our little community here that gave me the nudge over the edge to buy it so I have you guys to thank I guess!
    .Dave J

Great blind buy. Such an amazing scent.

T d H is a fantastic fragrance. I don't get the similarity with TheBeat however.

I agree they share a citrus note (but very different notes); and the vetiver; and a peppery thing as well; that said I still think they are very different fragrances.

There are no similarities. The both share pepper and thats about the only conclusion I draw. I'm glad you like it!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    There are no similarities. The both share pepper and thats about the only conclusion I draw. I'm glad you like it!
    That's exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote the original post, it's the pepper. Much perfer TdH use of the peppery-ness. Such a winner this one!
    .Dave J

Quote Originally Posted by xdsjx View Post
    Yeah I'm not much of a gambler actually. I prefer to order samples and lose a few bucks to a bad order than the cost of a whole bottle. I'm not rich enough to be able to not care. In this case I needed a suprise, good or bad and I knew I'd probably be able to recoop most of my cost on a resale/trade here since it garners praise in general.

It was actually our little community here that gave me the nudge over the edge to buy it so I have you guys to thank I guess!
    Good point, there are a group of fragrances you would be pretty safe blind buying because you could turn them around if necessary.

Great Buy ! I just got mine last week. It's amazing. I can see using this year round. It smells better when your out in the fresh air , if thats possible.

Just bought a bottle of TDH too, I hope I enjoy it as much as you guys.

There IS a similarity as they share citrus and pepper notes. I think Td'H also has a cedar note thanks to the high ISO E Super content.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I know that I like to sample things that are kind of different, maybe because I'm still at that stage where most things just kind of smell like....well.....perfume. So using my money to get a bunch of samples and decants really increases the odds that I will find something that stands out from the others. As time passes, I know I'll get better at appreciating the smaller differences among things, but for now, if I'm going to get a better nose, I think I just need to smell a lot of different things.

Anyhow, I'm always willing to endorse Bulgari Black as something that will get a person thinking.

And yeah, Td' H is great stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by yukselserdar View Post
    You can't go wrong with either the edt or edp
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

An amazing fragrance and a Great blind buy.....Congrats!!!
    Gary

Tried it many times and asked my gf, sisters, and friends what they think of it -- most of them got a bathroom cleaner vibe from it.

Love that "raindrops falling on a hot stone" smell hehehehhee!

Montale Red Vetiver shares similarities with Hermes, but only on the opening (spicy citrus). Montale doesn´t have this mineral/earthy note.

`The pure parfume version is on my top 5 list. A masterpiece from Ellena!

I agree more with the Cartier Roadster comparison. Both Roadster and TDH remind me of that "wet pavement when it starts raining" smell. Also, musty basements come to mind too; but in a good way.