Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: The WhyMe High End Samples/Creed/Store Blind Buy Newbie's first Review! - Pictures included!

Quote Originally Posted by Saintpaulia View Post
    I didn't quite understand where you got your samples from? I say Perfumed Court listed and another online source underneath your first posting with all the big pics and long list. Where did those come from? Oh and by the way, not "everyone uses wide screen these days"! That's a pretty broad generalization. Thanks for sharing.
    The samples below a listed store is the ones I bought from that store or free samples. (I thought that would be a logical way to put them.)

The samples I bought from perfumed court would be eventually reviewed.

And anyway I personally think the site should support widescreen like http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/ or other massive forums. It makes it much nicer imho opinion. This IS a pretty large website right? I don't think added support would hurt I am always up for improvements ^_^; Lets just say most most people have widescreens since it IS the industry standard now.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: The WhyMe High End Samples/Creed/Store Blind Buy Newbie's first Review! - Pictures included!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    Update: Added Opus 3 and Montale reviews. Picture added to show my entire collection atm.
    I AM sick atm so testing will be very slow. If I don't pick up anything I won't put in a review or it could be I only want to wear other stuff for awhile.

Recent purchases:
    Serge Lutens - Bois de Violette
    Serge Lutens - Santal Blanc
    Amouage - Homage Attar
    Montale - Jasmine Full
    Montale - Deep Roses

Thinking of getting....

Frapin 1270
    Keiko Mercheri - Jasmine

Now I have smelled these in person, and they are not as feminine as you think and actually some of them are quite unisex although listed as a female fragrance. Now all of these are quite floral except of the frapin amd Santal Blanc.

If your a guy and nervous about wearing florals you can have it under your shirt so it emanates instead of projecting it everywhere.
    Frapin 1270 - is delicious ,gorgeous !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Frapin 1270 - is delicious ,gorgeous !
    Did you get yourself a bottle Mimi?

(5.9.2011) Update: Added review on The Perfumed Court and Lucky Scent
    (5.9.2011) Update: Added review on Double Vanille (SDV)

Very nice thread, good job!

I got one q, these Montale samples looks like they are original from Montale?

I order from Paris all the time and I asked a few times about samples, I wanted to buy samples and they told me every time they dont have samples of their perfumes at all. The sales lady sent me bloters once, approx 10 of them so i could sniff, that was very nice of her but now I'm wondering, if those are original samples how come they dont want to sell them or give them with purchase?
    chown -R us ./base

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
    Did you get yourself a bottle Mimi?

(5.9.2011) Update: Added review on The Perfumed Court and Lucky Scent
    (5.9.2011) Update: Added review on Double Vanille (SDV)
    Not as yet, Dear friend ! Maybe one day - I have so many lemmings !

Good job on the reviews ,WhyMe - your enthusiasm is infectious !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Leukothea View Post
    Very nice thread, good job!

I got one q, these Montale samples looks like they are original from Montale?

I order from Paris all the time and I asked a few times about samples, I wanted to buy samples and they told me every time they dont have samples of their perfumes at all. The sales lady sent me bloters once, approx 10 of them so i could sniff, that was very nice of her but now I'm wondering, if those are original samples how come they dont want to sell them or give them with purchase?
    The lady from The perfume Shoppe say that the ones in the cases are the old ones. I think over a year for sure if I remember correctly. The new ones are the ones were the bottle is in the card.

I think Montale may not want to sell fragrances directly, might be a pain in the ass, maybe they just want the stores to do the work =/....

But in terms of getting samples Raffy is really good with them!

My skin ate the Frapin 1270 =[
    No time to enjoy it! The moment its on its gone!
    I put half the sample bottle on my skin! When I got the time I'll go down to my local shop and see if my sample was the problem.

(5.11.2011) Update: Tried Amouage Gold/Frapin 1270 reviews will be added later.
    (5.11.2011) Update: Now wearing Serge Lutens - Bios de Violet

I don't feeling like doing homework.. I will add reviews weekly or when I'm not tired after work >.<...

I am doing testings when I go bed too. And a retest when I go to work. I am sometimes struggling to pick up notes sometimes If no reviews are going up It means I'm trying to figure out the scents. Say if it stuck on a montale etc..

I will check other basenotes review to try to describe a scent. But what I really need right now is pure scents of notes so I can identify thing a little easier. Later on I will try to compare what i did and did not pick up so information would be more useful on each review. But the plan for now is to try to put in a quality review.

btw.... I do put notes in my memo app on the galaxy S as I go along with my fragrance and when I get stuck on trying to describe I do get a little annoyed =/. haha I'm such a newbie =P
    &_&

Yeah thats probably it

Btw my skin slurps up the Frapin 1270 instantly! i've tried that thing like 10 times, every time the same thing, so i finally gave up
    chown -R us ./base

Update:
    Frapin 1270
    L'Artisan Parfumeur - Voleur de Roses
    Creed – Sublime Vanille
    Serge Lutens – Bois de Violette
    Amouage: Homage Attar
    Montale – Jasmine Full

Blog Entries

This has been a fun read. I have been eyeballing Jasmine Full, so I am looking forward to that one. Your style is crisp...I like it. I own Bois de Violette & this is a good time of year to wear it.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

Jasmine Full is very nice! It can be quite strong, spraying on the upper chest for me is perfect! It also quite fresh sort of wakes me up.

Only 115 for 100ml for a Montale!
    http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/Jasm...ntale12-01.htm

You should try it though see if you like it! I have not smelled this on a female though. Its listed as a feminine fragrance.

Hi guys going on a vacation! So I'll be back in a bit!

I might drop buy in France for a bit(I sure you know why XD and to visit a friend) after my visit to Asia! If I get some spare time I'll try to fill some stuff in! Enjoy your summers :]
    See My Reviews: High-end Samples/Bottles and lots of Pictures
    Tested Samples includes: Montale, Xerjoff, Amouage, Serge Lutens, Creeds, L'Artisan and much more!

Google Search First Result!: WhyMe high end Basenotes Review

Bumps thread....

Alrite im back and around.

Recently have purchased Fleurs de orange by Serge Lutens and Wild Pears by Montale.... Wonderful scents!
    These were purchased from The Perfume Shoppe.... I am not sure if there are any Wild Pears left it is a fun scent and very fruity. Sweet rip pear. In an open area its a transparent smell.

I have noticed that some people have compared Xerjoff Oesel to the Fleurs de orange. I shall try to update the first post in the next few days. I lost my original document with the formating to make it convenient for me to edit and give you those nice photos!

Another new perfumery seemed to have came up too that has caught my attention.

Ineke Perfumes....

There doesn't seem to be very much reviews on this new line of products.

From all the perfumes I have tried. Maybe Apple and oranges and might be something people want to know. I going to sorta rank the perfumes.

1. Xerjoff/Puredistance/Amouage(smells wonderful on a lot of people but most of the line not on me) - The Xerjoffs that I do like were amazing, same with Pure distance. Amouage Homage Attar, has a bit of sourness that makes it more unisex.... probably a personal thing but I perfer it not to be so sour. I have also heard that because the concentration is so high each batch may be different. I do not have another bottle to confirm. But the first 2-3 hours of homage that did not show its sour side have kept me very happy.
    2. Montale/Serge Lutens/Keiko Mecheri - I like Montale's non-Aoud line however, some Aouds are soft and nice and isn't in your face. I do have a huge list of Montale I want to buy. And they do a very good job on Vanillas.
    3. Creed/Clive Christian - Most of their line smells a bit synthetic. This is not a permenent 3rd place for Creed. I really do like silver mountain water, Royal Delight, and Royal water Neroli Sauvage and Original Santal. But most off the other are "meh" to me and the ones I own are only used when I feel like it. I have never tried the female line yet..... and while I'm ranting I gotta say family member to tend to yap a bit when they think something smells feminine =/ ... As a straight guy I like what ever smells good.
    I recently tried Clive Christian, If you like perfumes... Buy all the stuff you like under 300$ and buy this one last. I like wearing a variety of perfumes and I can't stick to one. It is a nice smooth well blended scent. But I can't justify the price to buy one, the very nice lady down in The Perfume Shoppe (Naz) gave me a spray for the day
    4. Prada/H.M. - one purple one - its okay I rarely use it.... HM after a while seemed okay.... It is nice but it doesn't keep you interested the whole day. This level of stuff is usually the better stuff you buy from common shops like sephora/sears.. your common department store.
    5. CK and some other synthetic junk and some really cheap sub 20$ stuff. These thigs usually irrate my nose. Especially when over sprayed. I have also found that synthetic stuff is either difficult to layer or you just can't. The smell stays the same all day. Although some people like it. Its not a smell that would grow on me and keep me happy the whole day. I guess learning to pick out the good from bad is also costing me a lot of money. Not saying all synthetics are bad, but most have that really comon smell or un-naturalness to it. Creed is one company that does a good job with some synthetic fragrances. But then some noses can pick up certain scents/notes better then others. I'm just saying from what I picked up. So if you find a 20$ one you like and can't tell the difference lucky you! you just saved yourself a lot of money

This is just my general way of ranking stuff considering price too. I prioritze quality and smells I like first and then price.

You can also take a look at reviews and compare to mine and ask questions. I am always open for questions if you want a specific detail. My nose isn't perfect but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes ^_^
    Tested Samples includes: Montale, Xerjoff, Amouage, Serge Lutens, Creeds, L'Artisan and much more!

I found this very informative and fun to read. I'm not sure how I ever overlooked Montale's Chypre Vanille before your review!

I'm a big vanilla lover, so what would you say has been your favorite simple vanilla you've sampled? I can tell you that I find SDV too rich but do enjoy it for occasional wear, but I though Chocolate Greedy was far too foody. Otherwise, I have yet to try the other vanilla fragrances you reviewed here.

Quote Originally Posted by FeeFee View Post
    I found this very informative and fun to read. I'm not sure how I ever overlooked Montale's Chypre Vanille before your review!

I'm a big vanilla lover, so what would you say has been your favorite simple vanilla you've sampled? I can tell you that I find SDV too rich but do enjoy it for occasional wear, but I though Chocolate Greedy was far too foody. Otherwise, I have yet to try the other vanilla fragrances you reviewed here.

Chocalate Greedy is very foody, It's not a bad scent... I find it very interesting and can be used once in awhile but not something high on the priority list for me. I personally like Vanilla Extasy as a pure Vanilla, and Vanilla absolute if you want some other things mixed with vanilla! I do not own the bottles yet but they are high on my list. I think the boozeness is adding to the richness of the Vanilla for the SDV. I have not done a direct comparison to pick out the exact differences but I think its fairly accurate.

Chypre Vanille is not a pure Vanille but it is definitely a nicely blended vanilla.

If you ever get Vanilla abolute, you can try layering it with chocalate greedy. 2 Spray of the Vanilla, 1 of the Chocolate greedy. The reason for this blend is to make it less foody and get more vanilla. You could spray Chocolate greedy further like under the shirt while the vanilla closer so the chocolate greedy just emanates.

Also natural citrus scents maybe layerable with with greedy as well. Although I never tried, I can see it being done. However it must be a pure citrus. Montales tend to be able to mix with other montales quite well, of course done carefully . Altering the amount sprayed would do the trick if your trying to find a way to use up the rest of your chocolate greedy.

great reviews!!! looking forward to reading more.

Update: Montale Wild Pears added.

I really not an Aoud person. Steam aoud was okay... however... Montale's oud line is out of my list.
    I personally want to get the following Montales as full bottles at some point.

Also just so you guys know. There are now larger 100ml bottles for PureDistance perfumes. I personally think they are much better bang for the buck per ml. These are avaliable at luck scent.

Montale Vanille Absolu
    Montale Sweet Oriental Dream
    Montale Chypre Vanille
    Montale Roses Elixir
    Montale Vanilla Extasy
    Lubin Black Jade
    Parfum d�Empire Azemour