Code of Conduct

Default Do you know any perfumes with the note of crème brulée???

I have a sweet tooth and I realise that One of my most favorite fragrances is Andry Warhol Lexinton Avenue. I had an earlier post in which I've described how Lexington Ave and Chinatown are sister fragrances. Chinatown is an old favorite of mine, and I was suprised to find it's "sister" perfume with a very simular type of sweetness, and an almost identical structure - yet Lexington Avenue's sweetness is a bit more sophisticated. I strongly believe that it was done so by replacing Chinatown's super sweet vanilla-patchouli combo by roasted almonds and a crème brulée note. The structure of the fragrance in Lexington Avenue remains the same, yet it's sweet note is very well-blended because of the crème brulée accord. I am almost ready to lick my wrist because of that! I will also have to say that as much as I love gourmand fragrances, I was specifically able to narrow it down to my most favorite foody ingredients in fragrances. I adore Lexington Avenue and it's one of the most beautiful fragrances to me thanks to it's gorgeous crème brulée heart!

Here where I live, there used to be a fragrance shop where customers were able to created their custom blends using a huge selection of perfume notes. As unfortunate as it is, due to recession they closed that store down a few years ago What I do remember though, is when I was in high school we used to go and created our own fragrances. Mine were: Eggnog, Cafe con Leche and Crème brulée. I will never forget how much I enjoyed playing with the crème brulée note and how much I enjoyed that fragrance, as much as I enjoy it as a dessert.

Knowing how much I love the crème brulée as a note in my perfume, I know it's hard to find it in perfume, I'd love to hear about any other suggestions if anyone has any.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Coney Island is my dreamland!!

Default Re: Do you know any perfumes with the note of crème brulée???

Just a guess - perhaps Matin Calin by CSP

Aargh no, but the now-discontinued African Shea Butter Line from Avon, body creams and such, had a delicious caramel sweet scent like that. One of the only smells that was husband-approved.

The new(ish) Jimmy Choo is a cousin of Chinatown, and I found it quite creme brule-ish. My Saks had it, but I'm sure othere stores carry it as well.
    My Top 10*:
    1. Bois des Iles (Chanel)
    2. Ubar (Amouage)
    3. Pandora (DSH)
    4. Miss Dior - vintage (Dior)
    5. Jolie Madame (Balmain)
    6. Jicky (Guerlain)
    7. Gold Woman (Amouage)
    8. Mata Hari (DSH)
    9. L'Air du Desert Moracain (Tauer)
    10. Medici - Italian Splendor: Florence (DSH)
    *in no particular order because it's too hard!

Oh dear, this is going to be a rude awakening...Lexington is a direct copy of a Britney fragrance- In Control, which is way cheaper than Bond's overinflated prices.
    As an aside, Philosophy does an amazing Creme Brulee shower gel- its smells like the real deal, eggy, vanilla custard.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by The Anointed One View Post
    Oh dear, this is going to be a rude awakening...Lexington is a direct copy of a Britney fragrance- In Control, which is way cheaper than Bond's overinflated prices.
    You know, this would be ok if you stated it as your opinion. After just a little bit of research, it's easy to learn the following: "In Control, 2006, Oriental, Floral, top note: Loquat Fruit middle note: 
Night Orchid, Crème Brulee, Black Vanilla, Tonka Crystals base note: Sugar, Sandalwood, Musk." From OsMoz web site
    From NST: "The juice, concocted by Quest's Claude Dir, features a top note of loquat fruit; a heart of midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean and tonka crystals, and a drydown of sugared sandalwood and musk."

From OsMoz: "Lexington Avenue, 2008, Chypre - Floral top note: Blue Cypress, Fennel, Cardamom, Roasted Almond, middle note: Peony, Iris, Crème Brulee, Cumin, Pimento Berry base note: Patchouli, Sandalwood"

NST: Claude Dir, perfumer

The notes are different, the perfumer is the same, Claude Dir, but legally he can't resell the same formula to another company.

Oh & to answer the OP's question: Sexual Sugar by Michel Germain. Notes from the web site are: "Fragrance Type: Gourmand Floral
    Top Notes: Wildberries, Sugar coated orange zest
    Middle Notes: Passion flower, Orange water flower, Jasmine
    Heart Notes: Fresh roasted almonds, Vanilla creme brulee, Sandalwood"

And if you have a chance, try the body cream of Lexington Avenue for even more creme brulee note. It lacks the prominent cypress in the edp.
    Last edited by RHM; 24th April 2011 at 02:24 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Guerlain - Shalimar Light/Shalimar Eau Legere. It's crème brulée with citrus on top! Much easier to wear than the original Shalimar.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just a guess - perhaps Matin Calin by CSP
    I actually always keep a bottle of Vanille Banane by CSP. I live in FL keys plus I have a sweet tooth. Not to mention that since I was a child, I've always loved anything banana flavored/scented: banana bread, banana candy, ice cream and my favorite... banana flavored oatmeal! CSP created the most beautiful, true banana frarance. I've never sampled Matin Calin yet - and I know I have to for my sweet tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Aargh no, but the now-discontinued African Shea Butter Line from Avon, body creams and such, had a delicious caramel sweet scent like that. One of the only smells that was husband-approved.
    Husband-approved? haha!! Hopefully it's also fiance-approved and of course something that good must be discontinued - as always I have quite a few now discontinued products from Avon on my wishlist. Avon used to make this Mandarin Blossom perfume, that I wish I could find anywhere anymore. But it's been long discontinued and I wish I had a bottle of it now!

Quote Originally Posted by claresauntie View Post
    The new(ish) Jimmy Choo is a cousin of Chinatown, and I found it quite creme brule-ish. My Saks had it, but I'm sure othere stores carry it as well.
    Wow, did you see my post about Chinatown and Lexington Avenue being sisters? So now a cousin of Chinatown, new Jimmy Choo, definitely must be a cousin of Lexington Avenue! Right up my alley, must check it out! I love basenotes for many great suggestions that I would never be able to come up with on my own! Thank you so much for your advice!

As an aside, Philosophy does an amazing Creme Brulee shower gel- its smells like the real deal, eggy, vanilla custard.
    Hey, you don't sound rude! It's absolutely true that a lot of times cheaper fragrances smell a lot like the more high-end ones. That is why I am asking for so many suggestions! Hey, if In Control smells as good as you make it sound - why not?

See the reason I love Bond no.9 so much is because: #1. a lof of their fragrances conjure up my childhood memories.#2. everyone tends to like a certain perfume house (at least most people) and for example, many perfumistas adore the very specific Guerlain base from this house shared by it's many fragrances. I strongly believe Bond no.9 has a very unique Bond-ish base in their perfumes. I love that base.

BUT for my sweet tooth, there is nothing wrong with trying different fragrances, cheaper and higher-end. By the way, I completely forgot about Philosophy! OMG you're right they've got perfect products for someone with such a sweet tooth. How about using their creme brulee bath products and then spraying some Lexington Avenue on top of that?

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    You know, this would be ok if you stated it as your opinion. After just a little bit of research, it's easy to learn the following: "In Control, 2006, Oriental, Floral, top note: Loquat Fruit middle note: 
Night Orchid, Crème Brulee, Black Vanilla, Tonka Crystals base note: Sugar, Sandalwood, Musk." From OsMoz web site
    From NST: "The juice, concocted by Quest's Claude Dir, features a top note of loquat fruit; a heart of midnight orchid, crème brûlée, black vanilla bean and tonka crystals, and a drydown of sugared sandalwood and musk."

From OsMoz: "Lexington Avenue, 2008, Chypre - Floral top note: Blue Cypress, Fennel, Cardamom, Roasted Almond, middle note: Peony, Iris, Crème Brulee, Cumin, Pimento Berry base note: Patchouli, Sandalwood"

NST: Claude Dir, perfumer

The notes are different, the perfumer is the same, Claude Dir, but legally he can't resell the same formula to another company.

Oh & to answer the OP's question: Sexual Sugar by Michel Germain. Notes from the web site are: "Fragrance Type: Gourmand Floral
    Top Notes: Wildberries, Sugar coated orange zest
    Middle Notes: Passion flower, Orange water flower, Jasmine
    Heart Notes: Fresh roasted almonds, Vanilla creme brulee, Sandalwood"

And if you have a chance, try the body cream of Lexington Avenue for even more creme brulee note. It lacks the prominent cypress in the edp.
    Wow, the Sexual sounds so good! To me there is nothing more sexual than some seductive, sweet notes By the way, I haven't tried the body cream from Lexington Avenue line, but it must be a good one. Anyways, as such a huge Bond no.9 fan I shpuld purchase some of their body cremes anyways! You seem like you've tried it, and you make it sound ridiculously good!

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Guerlain - Shalimar Light/Shalimar Eau Legere. It's crème brulée with citrus on top! Much easier to wear than the original Shalimar.
    Shalimar... the regular Shalimar was purchased by me 6 years ago unsniffed. It is worhsiped by many and an absolute classic. So when I saw a bottle of it on sale for 39.99 - I couldn't resist. I was so happy about my purchase the only little problem... I absolutely hated every, single drop of it! I couldn't stand it. It smelled like horribly harsh citurs notes, kind of like toilet-cleaner scented with citrus. And the vanilla - wasn't the gourmand, smooth vanilla. It smelled like the most harsh, horrible vanilla in the world. Ever since - I stayed away. I was so shocked that such a classic, turned out so horrible on my skin, unbearable. It is only my opinion - I am not trying to be rude at all! I am VERY curious about Shalimar light and Eau Legere and all the flankers available. Maybe that's exactly what I need - Shalimar flankers. I am still very eager to try different Shalimar reformulations and see how they work on my skin! will keep you posted when I do - and thanks for reminding me to try all of them!

Hey no need to excuse yourself! Shalimar the original, can be a tough one, it can smell quite harsh, no doubt about it. And I guess Guerlain knows it too, since they are endlessly flanking it, trying to hook generation X,Y, post-millennia, onto the new stuff.
    Last edited by furrypine; 24th April 2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by HighLine View Post
    Hey, you don't sound rude! It's absolutely true that a lot of times cheaper fragrances smell a lot like the more high-end ones. That is why I am asking for so many suggestions! Hey, if In Control smells as good as you make it sound - why not?

See the reason I love Bond no.9 so much is because: #1. a lof of their fragrances conjure up my childhood memories.#2. everyone tends to like a certain perfume house (at least most people) and for example, many perfumistas adore the very specific Guerlain base from this house shared by it's many fragrances. I strongly believe Bond no.9 has a very unique Bond-ish base in their perfumes. I love that base.

BUT for my sweet tooth, there is nothing wrong with trying different fragrances, cheaper and higher-end. By the way, I completely forgot about Philosophy! OMG you're right they've got perfect products for someone with such a sweet tooth. How about using their creme brulee bath products and then spraying some Lexington Avenue on top of that?
    hehe I meant rude awakening, as in one of those times you might kick yourself for having spent much more on one (Lexington) that smells incredibly similar to another cheaper one (In Control) I have the Creme Brulee shower gel and it is incredibly realistic, I think it would be perfect for layering with Lexington!
    Last edited by The Anointed One; 25th April 2011 at 03:58 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I much prefer the Lexington Ave body cream over the edp. It's richly scented & lasts all day, even when worn alone. It's much sweeter than the edp of the same name.

My niece particularly loved the creme brulee note & she wanted to use my jar like it was Jergens lotion!

My daughter loves sweet scents & she avails herself of the Sexual sugar tester when ever we pass through Bloomingdale's. It's certainly worth a try.

I am a firm believer in wearing what smells fabulous on you, regardless of the name or the price point.

On a side note, I think the Britney Spears fragrances are under rated.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Ava Luxe has one you might enjoy - it's called Crème Brûlée. Serena describes it on her website as "a yummy blending of vanilla, caramel, and sweet creamy milk notes." I've tried it and it is, indeed, creamy, sweet and luscious ....and actually much more fragrant than real crème brûlée.

http://www.ava-luxe.com/2008/scentin...emebrulee.html
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Demeter Fragrance Library has a Crème Brulee.

Basenotes Institution

Laura Mercier- Creme Brulee- she has a whole line from fragrance to cream . Smells good to me !
    http://www.lauramercier.com/store/pr...atId=cat180012
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

hehe I meant rude awakening, as in one of those times you might kick yourself for having spent much more on one (Lexington) that smells incredibly similar to another cheaper one (In Control) I have the Creme Brulee shower gel and it is incredibly realistic, I think it would be perfect for layering with Lexington!
    Just came back from our perfume store, they had a tester of In Control. The sweet note definitely smells rite up my alley. The only thing it lacks... is the "Bondesque" special base that Bond no.9 has for the whole line. Lucky you to have that shower gel!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Ava Luxe has one you might enjoy - it's called Crème Brûlée. Serena describes it on her website as "a yummy blending of vanilla, caramel, and sweet creamy milk notes." I've tried it and it is, indeed, creamy, sweet and luscious ....and actually much more fragrant than real crème brûlée.

http://www.ava-luxe.com/2008/scentin...emebrulee.html
    Creamy, milky, sweet and luscious? You're calling my name, Evangeline! A definite "must try"!!

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Demeter Fragrance Library has a Crème Brulee.
    Demeter fragrances are so realistic! The only one I didn't really like as much as I thought I would, was their Earl Grey Tea. I am a huge tea drinker, and was looking for my perfect cup of earl grey in perfume - L'occitane's Bergamot The was great, dark, rich tea with zesty bergamot note. Demeter's Earl Grey smelled too light, the tea wasn't dark enough.

Is their Creme Brulee creamy, milky and liscious enough? I just hope it isn't too light. Now, I do understand their fragrances are all colognes, but so is Jo Malone. I don't really mind longetivity because something is just a cologne, I don't mind reapplying. Even if my cologne needs to be reapplied - I have no problems with that. The only thing is, I still want it to have some "ooomph" even if it doesn't last long, and to have the sweet notes sweet enough, and the creamy to be creamy enough. Does Demeter's Creme Brulee have enough "ooomph"?

HighLine, how about Hilde Soliani Doolciiisssimo?
    According to the perfumed court "Inspired by a recipe found at one of the trendiest restaurants in Milan, Doolciiisssimo is a tantalizingly delicious custard cream with cherry flavored leaves of pipe tobacco. Notes: vanilla, cherry tobacco, patchouli". To me it is creme brulee with a slight tobacco note which makes it interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by galwaygirl001 View Post
    HighLine, how about Hilde Soliani Doolciiisssimo?
    According to the perfumed court "Inspired by a recipe found at one of the trendiest restaurants in Milan, Doolciiisssimo is a tantalizingly delicious custard cream with cherry flavored leaves of pipe tobacco. Notes: vanilla, cherry tobacco, patchouli". To me it is creme brulee with a slight tobacco note which makes it interesting!
    Oh my!! Wow!! This sounds deliscious!! I definitely have to get a sample of it!! Have you actually tried it personaly yet? Whether it's a yes or no - I still should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by HighLine View Post
    Oh my!! Wow!! This sounds deliscious!! I definitely have to get a sample of it!! Have you actually tried it personaly yet? Whether it's a yes or no - I still should give it a try.
    HighLine, Yes I have sampled it - it does smell yum, but it is very expensive so I recommend sampling first!

Guerlain Attrape-Coeur