Code of Conduct

Default Musc Ravageur...

Hey guys, i wanted to ask the people who have this bottle a quick question. I had a 1ml sample that i used up over the months just breifly sampling it in the house just to get a feel if i would like to buy a bottle or a larger decant of it and i defintly loved the scent and how well rounded it is. My questions is this, does this sit closer to the skin for you guys or do you get pretty good projection?

The first 30 minutes or so i get the clove opening but on my skin it seem to go straight into the dry down pretty quick and i noticed it was close to the skin and i had to smell my hand pretty closely to get a whiff of it. It didnt come out of a sprayer and me just dabbign it on which is why i wanted to ask people who own this frag.

Thanks

Default Re: Musc Ravageur...

Ask others if they smell it, after you walk in a room you haven't been in since you applied it.

I get pretty good projection with this myself....I have to be conscious of not over spraying this one more than many others I have

I get very good projection.

Like you, it gets to the dry down stage rather quickly. I generally don't get very good projection with MR for some reason, unless I'm in a hot environment such as a bar or nightclub

It doesn't get to the dry down quickly to me, but develops slowly throughout the day. Projection is average to strong. For me Musc Ravageur is slightly different every day.

it takes hours to develop on me. The clove lasts like 2 hours. I think it is because you are using a vial and not an atomizer. When you spray a fragrance it changes drastically

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Projection is average to strong.
    +1 to this.

I am wearing just 1 spray on neck of my MR sample and at first it projects huge, drydown (starting like 2 hours later) is closer to skin but I can still get whiffs of it in the air like 12+ hours later.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I get a great projection but it is a fragrance where, a little goes a loooong way.

This one is a projection monster on me and one spray and it lasts all day on my skin. And because of this I have never needed to get a full bottle as I can get by with samples.

Great projection for almost two hours then it turns to a comfortable and very sexy close to the skin fragrance. Buy a 100ml bottle and you won't be disappointed. A must have for me.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thanks guys , I have a 10ml decant coming my way and i can't wait to give this a full wearing. I looooved the way it develops and honestly enjoyed the opening as well. I may need to add this to my fragrance battle I have going on!

I get too much of all of it and an hour is usually all I can handle. Frederic Malle loves to overdose the powerful synthetic woody ambers. The stuff lasts forever and can stay on clothes for months. It's absurd and potentially detrimental to mental health.

I like it pretty good on my girlfriend though.

Stays very close to this skin for me. The evolution and dry down are both pretty close to the skin except for 20 minutes of great projection. I have several original EFM spray examples (8). Finding it stabilizes with nothing much happening, remaining constant. In other words imagine a film/story unraveling in front of your own eyes, you get to the exciting bit of the film then the frame freezes and you stay on the single image. That is what I am experiencing from MR. Was expecting more! This is probably my 5th full day MR test over the last 60 days, Was hoping for more things to go on - maybe its time to knock this on the head and sample Frapin Caravelle Epicee (thnaks for heads up on this one Duke Hunt).

Musc Ravegeur is my SOTD.

I found that Musc Ravageur is strong and it projects very well. For me one spray (to the neck) is enough for the whole day. And I like drydown very much!
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Thanks guys , I have a 10ml decant coming my way and i can't wait to give this a full wearing. I looooved the way it develops and honestly enjoyed the opening as well. I may need to add this to my fragrance battle I have going on!
    I'd bet it'll come in near the bottom. There's a MKK vs MR thread in the Female forum, and it looks like it's love/hate with the women too. I also got a 10 mL bottle and I'm thinking it's going up for sale. Not that I don't like smelling like cinnabon ... but there are so many frags and this one doesn't get into the rotation anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Stays very close to this skin for me. The evolution and dry down are both pretty close to the skin except for 20 minutes of great projection. I have several original EFM spray examples (8). Finding it stabilizes with nothing much happening, remaining constant. In other words imagine a film/story unraveling in front of your own eyes, you get to the exciting bit of the film then the frame freezes and you stay on the single image. That is what I am experiencing from MR. Was expecting more! This is probably my 5th full day MR test over the last 60 days, Was hoping for more things to go on - maybe its time to knock this on the head and sample Frapin Caravelle Epicee (thnaks for heads up on this one Duke Hunt).
    I have both MR and CE. Theyre not comparable.
    Read the MR vs Musc Koublai Khan thread. Very true to life descriptions of MR.

For me, this fragrance takes at least 4-5 hours before I even smell a smidgen of the dry down. Which is, imo, one of the few fragrances that takes so long to dry down. It still projects in the dry down.

Basenotes Junkie

maybe body temperatures have to do with how long it takes to reach drydown. I know im always warm and ready to sweat almost

I limit to 1 spray at work.

2-3 sprays every other time.

LOVE IT.