Code of Conduct

Default Where in Sydney - samples in general? Creed?

Hello!

I've asked for perfume samples (anything, just to get started)at Myers a couple of times; got a 1ml Armani Code for men in one occasion (which made me a fan!) and a Clinique Happy another day. But there was a lot of asking around involved, until I got these. The salespeople were not too enthusiastic about my requests - sometimes, they were downright rude. Do you know of any store a bit more generous?

I've tried asking at Perfume Connection - nothing. And no miniatures/samples for sale anywhere.

I'm also VERY curious about Creed, due to the hype in Basenotes. Does any store in Sydney carry it, so I can sniff it to my heart's content???

Thanks in advance!

Mila
    ooOoo ~ 2mila.livejournal.com ~ ooOoo

Default Re: Where in Sydney - samples in general? Creed?

Harrods at Martin Place stocks Creed. You can go in there and have a sniff. But unlike the departmental stores, they are held behind the counter.

So the clerk will spray onto a piece of paper then hand it to you - I personally find it crap because I would feel bad asking for a sample of all of the Creeds and not wanting to buy any - I buy online!

DJ's in the city will stock some niche brands where you can sniff to your hearts content, such as Amouage, but I've asked before about samples and they usually don't have any. the only exception is the Tom Ford counter, where if you're nice enough, they will happily decant you a 4mL sample of any of the private line.

I have TV, oud wood, violet and some other i can't remember right now just by being presentable and nice

I personally can't think of many places that actually give you samples to sniff, most just have the tester in store.

If you're interested in trying niche brands, i would suggest hitting up luckyscent and just ordering samples. I've many a bag from there since the past year and they have been quite excellent.

Most places won't hand out samples. Is there any others apart from Creed your particularly interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by dribs View Post

DJ's in the city will stock some niche brands where you can sniff to your hearts content, such as Amouage, but I've asked before about samples and they usually don't have any. the only exception is the Tom Ford counter, where if you're nice enough, they will happily decant you a 4mL sample of any of the private line.

I have TV, oud wood, violet and some other i can't remember right now just by being presentable and nice
    The Tom Ford counter at DJ's -- pfft, they're jerks. I asked if they had a sample and the TF guy said no. When I was at home and I got my boyfriend to bring home a card with TL and Italian Cypress sprayed on them for me to test, the salesman asked if I have any others (my boyfriend replied that I had 3 which I did at the time) and then he gave him a sample to give to me. So yeah, they do have samples, they're just not very nice about giving them out no matter how polite you are to them and how well you dress etc.
    ♥ Tom Ford Private Blends, Diptyque candles, Jo Malone, Frederic Malle, Auric Blends.
    Please let me know if you're selling a bottle of Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

Quote Originally Posted by dribs View Post
    Harrods at Martin Place stocks Creed. You can go in there and have a sniff. But unlike the departmental stores, they are held behind the counter.

So the clerk will spray onto a piece of paper then hand it to you
    Ooh, that sounds awkward! I hate it when the salespeople keep staring at me, let alone having to depend on them for every sniff.

After hearing so much about Bond n 9, sniffing it myself and finding it so offensive, I'm no longer all that curious about Creed...
    ooOoo ~ 2mila.livejournal.com ~ ooOoo

For Creed, Elizabeths in Double Bay are Creed stockists, I haven't been there, but have ordered from them online - all very pleasant. Next time I'm in Sydney, I'm thinking about heading over there for a sniff -fest!

David Jones Elizabeth St will be stocking Creed from the end of this year. They will be located where the Tom Ford counter currently is.

What happens to Tom Ford? Amazing that they'll have Creed gain though, they only discontinued sales a couple of years back....

Yeah! They can't just ditch Tom Ford - maybe it will move to a different counter too.

Tom Ford counter is moving because it has been chosen to be one of only 35 counters in the world to stock the complete makeup and skincare collection, launching the same time as the new counter. Each of these 35 counters are getting a brand new counter and each one has been custom designed by Tom Ford. In Australia it will be just Elizabeth St and Bourke St Mall.
    The new counter will be located where La Mer currently is.
    La Mer will then relocated to the first part of the Estee Lauder counter (closest to Lancome) - this first part of the EL counter is currently their fragrance counter and behind used to be the area for Brow tinting/waxing which is no longer a service provided hence why EL counter will downsize and sit inbetween La Mer and Tom Ford. Estee Lauder although shrinking in floor space will be bigger as they will have a brand new smart concept counter utilizing their space better and allowing their customers to engage more and be more interactive with their products.

Why thank you @Praetorian Looks like a trip to Sydney soon for me!

Interesting stuff Praetorian, any idea how the counters will move around in Melb? Will Melb be stocking Creed too?

No idea on how the counters will move in Melbourne. And also no idea if they will be stocking Creed, can find this out though.

That would be great, thanks P.

Part of their spring announcement.

http://www.davidjones.com.au/files/A...s_28_July_2011

Laph - you'll probably get Creed in Melbourne.

Thanks DR - very interesting. Must admit I'm curious about counter movements too though.

G'day! I will be traveling to Sydney in a week's time, I was wondering besides David Jones Elizabeth and Mecca, where else in Sydney could I find vintage or good perfume shop.

The Chanel boutique is supposed to have the Les Exclusifs range. I haven't check it out myself yet but it might be worth a look.