Code of Conduct

Default Serge Lutens Chene and/or Fumerie Turqe.

When you look at my top 10 (at the moment) list below, do you think Chene and Fumerie Turqe will be a safe blind buy for me? I also like Michael Kors for men. Does F-T has some similarities with that one?

Default Re: Serge Lutens Chene and/or Fumerie Turqe.

Chene is very much about oak. A very realistic wood. Do you think you would like that?

My bet is you would more likely like FT instead.

Chene is one of the most convincing wood scents I've ever smelled, it smells just like its name, oak. FT is good and smokey. They're both very good, so go for it!

nthny has a review of Chene in the directory that is pretty close to my experience with it. At first, Chene just smelled like candy to me and it took me a while to get the sweet wood-sap connection, but now I love it. Fumerie Turque is a wonderful sweet smokey fragrance. I don't think any Serge Lutens is a safe blind buy, though. I love several of them, but also find several of them totally unwearable for me.

Chene is unique--yes, the oak is very realistic. I can agree to some extent with a reviewer that got 'old car seat rotting in the sun,' but that went away quickly, and I never notice it now. I was worried about it before I got my sample. Now, i love it--it dries down to something more like smoky incense. It reminds me of Durbano's Rock Crystal. (FT--sorry, no experience!)

They're both challenging frags in different ways but looking at your preference for leathers and animalics it seems likely that Fumerie Turque and Chene would interest you.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

FT has kind of like maple syrup vibe.

Chene

Chene

I think Michael by Michael Kors is a decent frag myself. I wouldn't say that fans of Michael should check out Fumerie Turque necessarily. I guess it's that honey flavor that gives Fumerie Turque a much different vibe than Michael. I wish I had a decant Ambre Narguile. Perhaps there are similaries there as well?

Both are great but I prefer chene to FT not because it's better but it's a better representation of Oak than FT is of smoke/leather/tobacco.
    It amazes me SL was able to reproduce the aroma of oak. Oak is one of my favorite trees.

FT cannot be compared to MK.

Oslo-fjord, please sample these first!

I don't think they are blind buy material, honestly.

Hmm.. Sounds intresting. I must admit that I don`t know exactly how oak smells like. In my country it`s most pine, spruce, and birch..

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hmm.. Sounds intresting. I must admit that I don`t know exactly how oak smells like. In my country it`s most pine, spruce, and birch..
    And I'm almost positive you can't imagine what FT smells like. Do you have sheesha cafes?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    And I'm almost positive you can't imagine what FT smells like. Do you have sheesha cafes?
    Sheesha ?

No, haven`t seen it here..

I can only comment on Chene, but I would say try this before you buy. It's the most realistic wood representation I've ever experienced in a fragrance. But in the end, I decided I didn't want to smell like oak, so off it went.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I've hopefully got a sample of FT on the way. It sounds just up my street