Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Xerjoff 1861 release. A beautiful unisex scent.

This will be out next month and will be priced at $250 for 100ml. A special price for this scent as it is in honor if the 150 year anniversary of Italy's unification. It's a beauty. Here is the first review:

http://www.cafleurebon.com/xerjoff-x...into-uncommon/

Top: Bergamont, Mandarin, Lime, and Petitgrain

Middle: Rose, Lily of the Valley, and Mint

Base: Cedar, Patchouli, Amber and Musk.
    Last edited by cairomerta; 25th April 2011 at 02:42 AM.

Default Re: New Xerjoff 1861 release. A beautiful unisex scent.

Wow! Do you know when ScentBar is going to have a tester? I'd love to try it.

It should be in about 3-4 weeks

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll ask Steve to give me a call when he gets the tester.

Cairomerta, I can't wait to sample this. How does 1861 compare to Nio?
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

Count me in! Sounds great.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by acjigga View Post
    Cairomerta, I can't wait to sample this. How does 1861 compare to Nio?
    This is very different from Nio. The citrus is also very bright in the begining of this scent but a roundness from lily of the valey with the mint take this in a different direction from the herbal nature of Nio. Lasts an amazingly long time too for a fresh citrus scent.

Might be my chance to buy a Xerjoff !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Grifter View Post
    Might be my chance to buy a Xerjoff !
    Yeah - this one sounds easy to love. I look forward to sniffing it.

Good news, thank you cairo!
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

This new one is excellent. Far different to Nio and lasts a reasonable amount of time on my skin as well. I've been going through my samples for the last two weeks along with Regio which is also fantastic and Richwood and Damarose

Mefisto was so close. And this note list looks even closer to the first Xerjoff I might own. Can't wait to smell it.

The mint in the heart notes will make or break this one.
    -

I received a sample of 1861 today. Needless to say, this is a beauty. I definitely get a strong blast of lime in the top. After several minutes I'm starting to experience the mint. It's a soothing green type of mint rather than a toothpaste accord (a little Selection Verte-ish). I haven't gotten to the base but I can already tell that 1861 is going to be a top seller for Xerjoff. This company has mastered working with citrus accords like no other (Nio is a masterpiece). Right now the lasting power and sillage seem very impressive. The mint does not overpower and is well blended so if you're not into mint notes I can't see it being off-putting. 1861 would be wonderful for spring and summer - it is truly refreshing and cooling on my skin (whereas Nio is more sparkling). Now I have to raise funds to buy a bottle! Great stuff.

ACJIGGA'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa Oud & Slumberhouse Jeke extrait

I received a sample of 1861 today. Needless to say, this is a beauty. I definitely get a strong blast of lime in the top. After several minutes I'm starting to experience the mint. It's a soothing green type of mint rather than a toothpaste accord (a little Selection Verte-ish). I haven't gotten to the base but I can already tell that 1861 is going to be a top seller for Xerjoff. This company has mastered working with citrus accords like no other (Nio is a masterpiece). Right now the lasting power and sillage seem very impressive. The mint does not overpower and is well blended so if you're not into mint notes I can't see it being off-putting. 1861 would be wonderful for spring and summer - it is truly refreshing and cooling on my skin (whereas Nio is more sparkling). Now I have to raise funds to buy a bottle! Great stuff.

Im so glad you like it! Its beautiful isnt it. The citrus lasts an amazing amount of time and the balance of mint and lily of the valley is wonderful. The price on this one is lower than the rest of the line. It is $250 for 100ml

I totally agree with you above. Nio is more sparkling, where as 1861 has a more refreshing blast to it. I love Selection Verte from Creed and although this new Xerjoff doesn't smell like the Creed, I get the same cooling effect from 1861 as I also get from Selection Verte - just waiting to purchase a bottle of this now when it is released soon.

I agree that Xerjoff has mastered citrus scents. Until I smelled Nio, I didn't think it was possible for a scent to be fresh and citrus while also smelling opulent and expensive. Looking forward to this one!
    Last edited by MikeNY; 1st May 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Roja Dove has said " the better the raw materials, the better the scent will be." A Xerjoff scent always stands a chance of being good because of their choice to use quality materials. I've gotten spoiled once my nose got use to quality materials from Xerjoff, Puredistance, By Kilian, Histoires de Parfums, Amouage Attars and a few others. Scents with less than first rate materials just don't do it for me anymore.

Now give us a good nose and good materials, then we can have some fun. The nose for 1861 has done an exemplary job of balancing this fresh aromatic scent. The typical opening citrus blast soon becomes quite unique and pleasing. The lime is slightly prominent. It's not your tart, fresh squeezed lime we've smelled a hundred times before. It's a lime tempered with a itsy itsy bit of mint. The effect is a very softened lime thats keeps being refreshed by the mint. The mint itself barely perceptable, as it should be.
    The bergamont, mandarin and petit grain are there, but bow out slightly to let the lime have the spot light.

These top notes continue for hours, making this the longest lasting, most interesting fresh frag to be launched just in time for summer. For those of you looking for something unique and fun for summer, look no further than 1861. The lily of the valley just makes a nice transition from the topnotes, and continues to keep things refreshed. The dry down is a very soft one. Don't let those base notes of cedar, patchouli, amber and musk scare you. It's very balanced and soft. No logs thru the mill cedar, heavy patch, or girly musk - just a refined, easy on the nose, smooth dry down.

1861 - Fresh Italian Modern Aromatic done right

Nice review, thebeck. This is a must have for me and I look forward to it.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Thanks, thebeck. Sounds like a winner. Does it feel more Italian or English in style?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Thanks, thebeck. Sounds like a winner. Does it feel more Italian or English in style?
    It feels and smells Italian. The real reason 1861 is such a winner for me is the nose was able to avoid the "non perfume" category such as L'eau by Serge Luten, Aqua Universalis by MFK, Clean T Shirt, Beautiful Baundrette by cbihateperfume and so on.

Xerjoff manages to keep it clean without going into dryer sheet, laundry accord, and bullshit accord. 1861 is clean scent for perfume lovers, that is sophisticated and should be renamed Italian Stallion. The urban dictionary defines Italian Stallion as a well-endowed, sexually talented male of Italian descent.

Its nice stuff. The lime note stands out the most in the top notes...tangy, clear, tart, slightly sweet. Lily of the valley is most prominent in the heart notes...the mint isn't that prominent but I guess its doing its part in the background by keeping things light and edc-like but not allowing the floral heart to bloom and dominate.
    -

I agree with thebeck's review.....ading that I get just a little touch of a sweet anise-licorice-like note in the heart. I was expecting 1861 to be sharp and green like Nio (which is another xerjoff favorite), but it is much softer and rounder. A must try for lovers of softer citrus scents with anisic/licorice notes in them.

Is for sale in the US yet? I searched the net with no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    Is for sale in the US yet? I searched the net with no avail.
    This will be in stock in a 3-4 weeks and will be $230 for 100ml

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    Awesome! Many thanks!

Thanks for the update, having tried it already it's certainly worth the wait

Curious to see if the mint and lilly are a core part of this composition... 230 for 100ml is really not bad when you think of the price of others Xerjoff...

Cool Re: New Xerjoff 1861 release. A beautiful unisex scent.

Please click on review of my new bottle of this amazing perfume

Does anyone know who will be retailing this for the US market? Thanks.

I would expect Luckyscent and Parfums Raffy to have this in stock fairly soon.

Basenotes Institution

This sounds fantastic. I, unlike many others who've posted on this thread, have not sampled Nio. I think I have a sample lying around somewhere...now I'm excited to try it and 1861.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

i was lucky to receive a sample of this; and yes, it's as good as everyone says it is. one of the most controlled lime based scent i have tried in a long time. i like the word "roundness" that everyone keeps using in their reviews here. it does smell that (woody) smooth. what i perceived was lime paired against rock solid woody accords and gentlest tinge of herbs and yet, it doesn't take the sheen of lime.

this house is consistently maintaining it's reputation of releasing scents which are - top of the order.

Anyone know who the perfumers are behind the fragrances?

Such a coincidense this thread pops up lately ,since I ordered 1861 last friday.
    I already was looking for a quality summer fragrance to ad to my wardrobe and this might be the one.

I would also like to know the nose behind this fragrance.
    Last edited by eric; 10th May 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Has it already been announced that this will sell for $230 in the US? I am curious because the EURO price when converted to USD is around $230. Usually, the US retailers sell for a lot more than the EURO price, but one has to take into account the shipping charges when ordering from outside the US.

It's 190 Euro, $276 and 171 on the First in Fragrance site Germany. Can't see it on Luckyscent or Parfums Raffy yet, but I'm sure it will be on there very soon as it's only just been released. It's certainly worth the money, smells amazing and for lasts a very long time.

Hey guys. Yes it will be $230 for 100ml and will be at Luckyscent and Raffy soon. I am waiting for stock to arrive here in the USA but its been delayed for quite sometime. I am so sorry for the delay but I hope any week now. i will get the name of the perfumer for you guys soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It's 190 Euro, $276 and 171 on the First in Fragrance site Germany. Can't see it on Luckyscent or Parfums Raffy yet, but I'm sure it will be on there very soon as it's only just been released. It's certainly worth the money, smells amazing and for lasts a very long time.
    Thanks. Those prices include VAT which we don't have to pay.

Any updates?

I posted my review of this back on 2nd July 2011 when my bottle arrived. For anyone who missed it you can read it HERE Looks like the USA price is about 30 less than the two German stores selling it

i'm not a citrus fan, but this one sounds promising.

What happened to US release? I still don't see it at the usual Xerjoff outlets - Raffy and Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    What happened to US release? I still don't see it at the usual Xerjoff outlets - Raffy and Lucky.
    I think things are still being held up in customs. Talk about an example of US customs failing to do their job expeditiously! I'm going to do some product photos when it arrives and I'll post a note in here once that's done.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I think things are still being held up in customs. Talk about an example of US customs failing to do their job expeditiously! I'm going to do some product photos when it arrives and I'll post a note in here once that's done.
    You are correct. Customs has been a headache to deal with. The shipment is in the US but its awaiting clearance. I should be receiving it this week than it will be at Raffy and Luckyscent. Sorry for the delay guys. Any day now!!

^This is in line with the email I just received from LuckyScent. I had asked when this might be hitting the site, and was told within a week. Which puts us Yanks at around the end of July.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

It sounds great, gotta try the samples.

I finally received the shipment and this will be at Raffy and Luckyscent tomorrow! Finally!

I finally received the shipment and this will be at Raffy and Luckyscent tomorrow! Finally!
    Great news! Thank you Cairo, looking forward to this one!

Thus far I've been wholly impressed with Xerjoff. If only they would make a 100ml bottle of Kobe at this price

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    If only they would make a 100ml bottle of Kobe at this price
    Do any of the scents in the company come in 100ml sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Do any of the scents in the company come in 100ml sizes?
    Quite a few of them do. Go to http://www.xerjoff.com/eboutique/ and you can see what there is in 100ml on here. The Casomarati range are 75ml bottles, The XJ 17/17 stone label are 100ml bottles, this new 1861 is 100ml and the Shooting Stars range comes in 50ml or 100ml.

Can anyone advise if the lime in this is a creamy lime (like Kenzo Jungle Pour Homme) or a sparkling, natural lime? Thanks!

This is now on the Lucky Scent site, and I just pulled the blind-buy trigger. Biggest gamble I've ever taken on a frag, but I'm trusting you guys.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

I have to admit that the 1861 and new XJ 17/17 bottle designs are utterly beautiful. I wasn't too impressed by the earlier releases but am hoping to be enamoured by something from Xerjoff quite soon. 1861 sounds very promising, with a reasonable price to match.

Just received a sample of this. This fragrance is FBW in my opinion.

I was sufficiently underwhelmed with 1861. I own it, will wear it and was complimented on it at the first wearing. However, I don't think it lives up to the 'depth' exhibited by most of their other offerings.

Maybe I held out TOO much hope. I was thinking if anyone could perform magic with citrus it would be xerjoff - not necessarily so.

After waiting for this to be available thru Luckyscent, it is now on back-order. What gives?

It has been selling like crazy. I am actually on my way to Luckyscent right now to drop off another shipment. Its selling really fast. It will be in stock today.

Banned

The 'cool' lily of the valley is better done in Week-end a Deauville by Nicolai (which is truly refreshing, like a cool breeze), and the topnotes are a neutral mix of citrus materials. This is a quality mix of ideas, and I may buy a bottle if I have the money to burn, but currently it's not a 'must-buy'.

And it seems Xerjoff has produced the first perfume with a tramp-stamp.
    Last edited by teger; 7th August 2011 at 10:58 AM.