Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Real Deer Musk

Default Re: Real Deer Musk

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    Well in my neck of the woods, the menfolk scent themselves with deer urine before they go out into the woods, which I can assure is cheap and legal, although not necessarily pleasant!
    Whatever turns them on, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmo View Post
    Well in my neck of the woods, the menfolk scent themselves with deer urine before they go out into the woods, which I can assure is cheap and legal, although not necessarily pleasant!
    are these men hunters, trying to lure animals with this scent, or what is the idea behind all this?

the midwest: where cows have been outnumbering people since 1817

hahahaha, y'all need to consult your hillbilly encyclopedias!

yes, it's hunters, covering up their human (by which I of course mean "beer") scent and attract the deer. Specifically they use doe urine. HAWT

Currently binging on roses.... Jo Malone, you dirty bitch. You too, Stella McCartney.

Default Re: Wild Deer Musk .. Anybody?

Tell me more about this Deer Musk. I would love to have Deer Musk in pure form. Can anyone send me some to the US?
    How much does it cost in US? How will I know its pure deer musk? I have never ever owned it but heard so much about it and its fragrance and would love to own some. Please help me. Email me at 222noori@gmail.com Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anybody tell me who Deer Musk is extracted from a deer. I have no idea. Where in a deer's body does this Musk settle and
    come into being? How is it taken out? Is it after the animal dies or is it milked out like milking a cow? Do you have to kill the deer or what. I have no idea at all and would love to know. Please explain to me in detail please. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, totally. I would like to know how this deer musk is taken out? Is it milked out like you milk a cow or does it have to be killed? I read it is taken out while the deer is alive. I don't understand this. So while it is alive it is taken out and does the deer REMAIN alive after that? Like milking a cow or goat? Please make me understand because I would like to have some but don't know what the procedure is all about. Thanks.

I have TOM FORD perfume. I simply LOVE IT. It that would drive anybody crazy, I can well imagine how the Deer musk will be like. Oh Boy, Now I am really curious. I would love to have some of the Real thing > Real Pure Deer Musk. But don't know
    where in the hell to get it.

Hi there, how are you?
    did you get any response in getting someone to sed you real PURE deer musk oil?
    Tulsi

Quote Originally Posted by Devine Tulsi View Post
    Hi there, how are you?
    did you get any response in getting someone to sed you real PURE deer musk oil?
    Tulsi
    There is no danger whatever that anyone can sell you "real PURE deer musk oil" because no such thing exists or has ever existed. When it is pure, the musk extracted from musk deer is solid, not oil.

Also, as has been explained in detail elsewhere in this thread, it is:
    *the product of an endangered species controlled under CITES
    *illegal in some countries to buy, sell, import or export
    *very difficult to obtain
    *very expensive
    *usually is fake
    *if not entirely fake usually adulterated (with synthetic musk, shit, dirt and so forth)
    *when it is sold outside China, invariably the product of hunting wild deer (if genuine)
    If despite all those considerations you are determined to obtain some, you will have to do a great deal of research and you might start by learning what the product you are seeking to buy actually is - otherwise you'll just pay a lot of money for a fake - which you can do by following links provided in this very thread.
    A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.”
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

musk 2.jpgmusk tincture.jpg

Real Deer Musk. Before tincture and during.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by francois toulour View Post

Thank you for joining to show us your pictures.
    Last edited by lpp; 17th August 2014 at 02:40 PM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bartlett View Post
    There is no danger whatever that anyone can sell you "real PURE deer musk oil" because no such thing exists or has ever existed. When it is pure, the musk extracted from musk deer is solid, not oil.

Also, as has been explained in detail elsewhere in this thread, it is:
    *the product of an endangered species controlled under CITES
    *illegal in some countries to buy, sell, import or export
    *very difficult to obtain
    *very expensive
    *usually is fake
    *if not entirely fake usually adulterated (with synthetic musk, shit, dirt and so forth)
    *when it is sold outside China, invariably the product of hunting wild deer (if genuine)
    If despite all those considerations you are determined to obtain some, you will have to do a great deal of research and you might start by learning what the product you are seeking to buy actually is - otherwise you'll just pay a lot of money for a fake - which you can do by following links provided in this very thread.
    There is also an article by Bruce Bolmes concerning the use of animal extracts in perfumery here.
    Last edited by lpp; 18th August 2014 at 09:13 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Quote Originally Posted by francois toulour View Post

Thanks for the pic! First time I've ever seen it. I thought it would look different. It looks like dirt with roots in it.

Musk is a unisex scent for the most part, though some add a floral note for women. But I have been looking for a musk scent that is the truest of the term "musk". The only scents that I can say reflect what I feel is "MUSK" are Jovan, Coty, Houbigant musk and Bod Fresh Musk. There were a couple of women's musks that are good and that I think men could wear… Jovan, Coty, Bonnie Bell skin musk, and one called Cabot Musk - though I have not seen this in awhile. If anyone knows of a musk scent that is as true to the deer musk or ambret seed musk, please let me know where I can find it.