Code of Conduct

Default Does your fragrance rotation mentality effect how you are perceived at work?

Hey guy:

I was just thinking about how my fragrance mentality has kinda changed over the years. I remember when I would just basically wear Hugo everyday as my work frag. Then I started building a large wardrobe, and would wear 5 different frags for each day of the work week. Now, I want to focus on Youtube reviews, so I'll try to wear a sample for maybe 2-5 days straight to get a good overall feel of it before I do my video. So, I was kinda wondering how all this plays out in terms of coworker perception? Maybe it doesn't really matter too much. I suppose it's not like having a shaved head one day, and then the next, having hair down to your butt, but when you're a fragrance buff, it kinda feels like it could be about the same mentality. Or what if you just stopped wearing fragrance altogether? Would anyone care? Gee, nightshift is making me kinda melodramatic. Can't wait to go home

fountain

Default Re: Does your fragrance rotation mentality effect how you are perceived at work?

nope

Default Re: Does your fragrance rotation mentality effect how you are perceived at work?

Actually it is the same as if you had a shaved head one day and floor-length tresses the next, at least thatīs how I feel about fragrances - but I get melodramatic even without working nights If I were your coworker and had noticed you wore different fragrances - not a lot of people seem to do that, at least not where I work - itīd be cool because I like change and itīd be fun to notice later where you were going with your choices and if there was a logic in them. And in case you were a close colleague I probably couldnīt resist the temptation to ask about it

Not at all.

I wear a different fragrance every day because I like change. I'm not sure what my co-works think as they have said nothing. But, as I am a little eccentric I think people expect me to be different; I do not disappoint.

We're filled with things we have to do, duties, bills to pay, insurance, work. Have you ever thought about how much of our time we spend in doing things we HAVE to do? Quite a lot! So, feel free to wear as many fragrances as you like, whenever, wherever, however. It's your life and you're free to live it as you prefer.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I'm such a creature of habit with everything in my life it's insane.... of course my habit with everything is constant change so I'm not sure how that works....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

No, I wear samples and a variety of selections from my wardrobe and most people don't even notice. Worst outcome (assuming that your workplace is fairly civilized) is that they will think you're an eccentric.

Sur la Plage

No.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sometimes I get specific compliments, but often I get a "bulk" compliment after the fact –something like, "you always seem to smell really good" or the like. I've had a few people notice that I always seem to wear a different scent, and it confuses them a little, but usually the people I work with know my hobby and are familiar with my habit of wearing something different every day.

Ha, a while after I started my job, I pretty much had to "come out" as a fragrance junkie at work, otherwise it would seem weird with all the little vials falling out of my pockets and different smells emanating from me, etc. It was weird when I told everyone that I was into fragrances, but I joke about it so much that no amount of ribbing from my coworkers could get to me. If anything, I often try to bring my coworkers in on it-- I often show them samples and ask their opinions. They probably laugh a lot at my expense behind my back, but I think that deep down, they think it's kind of a cool hobby.