Code of Conduct
    DeepSilence

Exclamation Suggestions for wedding day to Prince William and Kate Middleton!

If you want to suggest a couple fragrances for this couple, what do you suggest?

My both choices were from Serge Lutens.
    Prince William: Gris Claire
    Kate Middleton: Sa Majeste La Rose
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 25th April 2011 at 03:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Suggestions for wedding day to Prince William and Kate Middleton!

Prince William: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    Kate Middleton: Floris Wedding Bouquet

The Prince is apparently already a fan of Blenheim Bouquet, and the Floris was made in honor of the occasion.

DeepSilence

It seems i was unwitting of news

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeepSilence View Post
    It seems i was unwitting of news
    The ones I listed are still just my suggestions - there is no reason the royal couple can't wear Lutens! I know the Prince likes Blenheim Bouquet, but he really should have something new and special for the wedding day, I think. And the Floris was only made in honor of the wedding - there is no rule that she has to wear it, just because somebody made it. Perfume makers are prone to do such things (presenting or dedicating a new perfume) - with some degree of real feeling, and with some degree of marketing savvy as well. Creed has actually presented the first flacon of a fragrance (Royal Ceylan) to Kate Middleton already, a few years ago. They have also presented their products to others, like Angelique Encens to the pope. It's an accepted practice that is good for marketing, and a nice gesture, IMO.

Personally, I think the Prince would do well to try Penhaligon's Opus 1870. It's a bit like Blenheim Bouquet, but stronger and more formal.

Of course

Greed - Original Pimpernelle (for both)

'nuff said.

Since the Americans seems to be taking FAR greater interest in this event than us Brits are, i'd suggest Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. :-P

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    The ones I listed are still just my suggestions - there is no reason the royal couple can't wear Lutens! I know the Prince likes Blenheim Bouquet, but he really should have something new and special for the wedding day, I think. And the Floris was only made in honor of the wedding - there is no rule that she has to wear it, just because somebody made it. Perfume makers are prone to do such things (presenting or dedicating a new perfume) - with some degree of real feeling, and with some degree of marketing savvy as well. Creed has actually presented the first flacon of a fragrance (Royal Ceylan) to Kate Middleton already, a few years ago. They have also presented their products to others, like Angelique Encens to the pope. It's an accepted practice that is good for marketing, and a nice gesture, IMO.

Personally, I think the Prince would do well to try Penhaligon's Opus 1870. It's a bit like Blenheim Bouquet, but stronger and more formal.
    I agree, what Creed did, was and is brilliant. I think it's one of the rare and best times for marketing for Niches.

I have not tried Penhaligon's Opus 1870. But exactly for your reasons(being strong and formal) i chose Sa Majeste La Rose. It's a warm, spicy, formal, rose fragrance. And IMO it could be one of choices.