Code of Conduct

Default Creed Virgin Island Water COCONUT note versus Sean John Unforgivable Black COCONUT note

Which coconut is stronger/better?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creed Virgin Island Water COCONUT note versus Sean John Unforgivable Black COCONUT note

Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts.

Virgin Island Water is the clear winner out of both of those, but it isn't worth $150+.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Creed Virgin Island Water COCONUT note versus Sean John Unforgivable Black COCONUT note

And why would someone spend $286 at Neiman Marcus when they can supposedly get the exact same fragrance for around $125 (with no tax and free s/h) at fragrancenet?

$161 is a lot of money to save!

And the fragrance just came out in 2007 so the stock cant be that old, as as fragrance tha tcame out in 1996.

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts.

Virgin Island Water is the clear winner out of both of those, but it isn't worth $150+.
    Great frugal post.

Sean John Unforgivable Black is pretty decent for a designer release, and I think besides I Am King and the standard Unforgivable, all of Sean John's scents have been very good fruity designer scents, as bad as their origins are (biting Millesime Imperial).

But in all honesty, I would buy VIW at discount. As good as set sail st. barts top is, the drydown is lackluster.

Virgin Island Water

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    But in all honesty, I would buy VIW at discount. As good as set sail st. barts top is, the drydown is lackluster.
    This.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

VIW is one of the longer lasting Creeds I've worn, and I've worn a few.

If you like it, it's worth the money.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 27th April 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post
    Which coconut is stronger/better?
    My GF has a soap that smells of coconut. It reminds me of the bone dry milky/nutty tune in Secretions Magnifique. But in the soap it doesn't lack the fattyness, which renders real coconut jummy. What are You after - should it feel edible?

Virgin Island Water for me is the better of the two, although Hesperides by Essenze di Mezzanotte in my opinion is way better than VIW and far cheaper at about £70 for 100ml EDP

Smile Re: Creed Virgin Island Water COCONUT note versus Sean John Unforgivable Black COCONUT note

Virgin Island Water smells like a Brazilian drink, called "Caipirinha" Beautiful, playfull, I love it!

Blog Entries

Actually, now that I think of it, Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein and Philosykos by Diptyque both have strong coconut notes and excellent longevity.

If you're going to try Philosykos, though, just be aware that it's predominantly a fig fragrance. Make sure you can tolerate figs.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

going from VIW to Philosykos? might as well add Black Orchid into the mix if we're going that extreme for a coconut note.

I say VIW is solid, if you like the juice but can't afford it even at discount, get in on a split and just get 15-30ml of the juice. It's worth it and you'll enjoy wearing it. If you want to douse yourself on the cheap, get the tommy bahama version.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads