Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for my GREAT news!

Hello Basenoters,

I've been away with work and just so busy. I'm home now and hopefully will have a few days to catch my breath.

For many years my life sort of fell apart and I went through a bad patch. I worked through it all and now things are, for the first time in a while, looking great. I feel like a new man. A few weeks back I went for a promotion and missed out but then last week, out of the blue, something else came up and yep, I got it!

And now the biggie!!! My wife and I have three weeks until our first baby is born. We are very excited and I'm ready to hit the ground running- Nappies, poo, vomit- I'm going to be in the front line and can't wait to meet our child.

So Basenoters- Can you give me some suggestions for a celebration fragrance? All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Koala.
    La vita breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Suggestions for my GREAT news!

Midnight in Paris by Van Cleef & Arpels

Congratulations to the baby, to fatherhood, to a new beginning!

Congrats! It's great when the cycle trends upward.

Jubilation XXV? Better not, you've got some baby bills ahead of you

Winter approaches in your hemisphere, how about some Rive Gauche?

ooh, ooh, good one Volley. Which one though? EdT or EdP? Congrats Koala!!!!!

Congratulations!

I'm thinking Amouage too (jub XXV, Homage, Gold).

Or Chanel Eau de Cologne (400ml), which I almost use as a hand sanitizer.

cacio

DeepSilence

Very Congratulations Koala501.
    Gris Claire by Serge Lutens
    Must De Cartier Pour Homme

Fatherhood approaches, you're becoming a mature man. Therefor the only answer is to follow suit of millions of men of your age and wear one of the following:

Old Spice or Brut

Quote Originally Posted by Hey.its.me View Post
    ooh, ooh, good one Volley. Which one though? EdT or EdP? Congrats Koala!!!!!
    I only have the EDT. I have never smelled the EDP. Whichever....edt smells greay anyway!

I think it's not advisable to overstimulate your baby until at least three of four months of age.

There's some evidence that suggests that the distress response (crying) is a function of the magnitude of physiological arousal that very young infants get.

Congratulations!!! Many have been mentioned so I'll just say "Blessings and Best Wishes!!!"
    Gary

Congratulations mate,

I would say (also both won't disturb the baby as both scents are Subtiel)

Amouage Dia (As you a mature man by now and this one is very versatile)

Bosque by Humiecki and Graef

Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 3rd May 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Congratulations, koala501 and the mother-to-be!
    How about a scent with a baby oil note, such as Hammam Bouquet and PdNs Patchouli Homme/Intense?

Zanzibar

Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq makes me feel like a new man every time I hit that nozzle and point it in my direction. Congratulations on the good news

Congratulations compatriot Koala. I suspect that the olfactory environment will be in a state of flux for some time. Your enjoyment of fragrance may become an even more private pleasure, at least in the near future. I think it would be safe to go for something sweet from Frapin.

Aren't you the one who was having problems with work and wanted a relaxing scent? Either way, good luck with fatherhood and all that. Bois du Portugal would be a good scent for the occasion, since it has that "powerful mature guy" vibe.

No fragrance suggestions but congrats Koala, hope it all goes well!

Congratulations, koala501 - normally tradition from where I was raised meant that you were entitled to be given a large cigar - preferably Cuban. Smoking and new born babies do not go hand in hand with today's political correctness. Maybe the solution would be to wear a tobacco scent instead.
    Any suggestions for a great tobacco scent? - A Men Pure Havanne? Aramis Havanne?

congrat dude, you deserve it...

a bottle from serge lutens or amouage house would be good

btw, is part of the baby bonus going toward the bottle? (if you got twins = double the payments = then you can grab 2 bottles) =D

Congratulations man, that is the best news!!!
    As to a celebratory fragrance?? It doesn't matter what you choose, no matter how niche or exclusive or delicious smelling, nothing will ever smell as good to you as the smell of your child. It's heady, intoxicating and you will be in love with it for ever!!!

Congratulations again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Aren't you the one who was having problems with work and wanted a relaxing scent? Either way, good luck with fatherhood and all that. Bois du Portugal would be a good scent for the occasion, since it has that "powerful mature guy" vibe.
    Yes, that was me. I ended up getting some stronger scents instead that worked wonders for my work enviroment.

Thank you all for some wonderful suggestions!

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Fatherhood is such a lifechanging experience... I cannot put it into words....

Habanita by Molinard!!!! It has a baby powder, scented wet wipes that is quite premonitory!!

cheers!!!
    Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by inscents View Post
    There's some evidence that suggests that the distress response (crying) is a function of the magnitude of physiological arousal that very young infants get.
    LOL

In new releases, Hermes Jardin sur le toit is very nice... depends where you live as to how weather appropriate it is, it seemed like a warm weather scent

Congratulations and best wishes for your new life

baby-themed ELDO Divin Enfant is also kind of cool.

Big congratulations!

Seriously, I underscore what Inscents wrote. Your baby's sensitivity will be beyond what we can imagine. Plus, it's important that your baby smells and learns "you" (and of course, mother) - your sweat, your skin. My midwife even advised against deodorants at the beginning.

How about you buy your celebration fragrance, but only wear it before the birth; afterwards, save wearing it for until the baby is older? That way you will still have the wonderful associations of this time and it will rekindle great memories.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!

I stopped wearing all perfumes for a long time after my daughter was born, and also recommend taking it easy on the scent. The littlest things can throw off their ability to nurse.

Congratulations. There is one suggestion I can make for you that many don't seem to know about. There exist programs in low level care hospitals where you and your wife live-in over a weekend and you get training in how to look after the baby.

My brother and his wife did the course, and he described it as being like in a nice hotel, with meals provided, and all paid for by Medicare (or was it Medibank?) - anyhow, it cost them nothing.

And they were kicking themselves for having waited and done the course with their third child - they had no sleepless nights with him, in stark contrast to the unending sleepless nights they had endured with their first two.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Congratulations. There is one suggestion I can make for you that many don't seem to know about. There exist programs in low level care hospitals where you and your wife live-in over a weekend and you get training in how to look after the baby.

My brother and his wife did the course, and he described it as being like in a nice hotel, with meals provided, and all paid for by Medicare (or was it Medibank?) - anyhow, it cost them nothing.

And they were kicking themselves for having waited and done the course with their third child - they had no sleepless nights with him, in stark contrast to the unending sleepless nights they had endured with their first two.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Thanks Renato,

I had not heard of this. I just told the wife and will check it out.

Thanks Guys for all your best wishes and suggestions. Basenotes is such a great community and I'm really happy to be a part of it.

I've been thinking the last few weeks that when baby arrives I won't wear any scents for a while and let the baby get used to myself and Mum. I'm going to get fragrance free soap for us to use and keep it as natural as possible.

Best wishes,

Koala

Musc Ravageur by Fredric Malle
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Congrats on your new successes!

GIT
    Memoir Man
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Man, you should learn once, will you? USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. As I can remember, there are billions of threads with scents which are compared to poo, vomit, nursing, etc. You surely will find the one, which is best for training your nose for the heavy duty waiting for you.

Good luck!