Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you like any Alfred Sung frags?

I never see this house spoken of. I like some of the bottles, but the reviews look pretty bad on everything. The original Sung Homme (purple juice) is said to be the only one that's decent, even this gets a lot of negative criticism on the way it projects and how it's composed.

Anyways, just wondering about some of their stuff, is anything worth a blind buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you like any Alfred Sung frags?

Hei is very nice.

Yep.

Alfred Sung Hei.

It's very similar to Lanvin L'Homme and around here it's only $20 for the 100ml bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Sung Homme. It's a big purple Powerhouse from the 80s. It's very strong. It's definitely a love it or hate it frag. I used to hate it, now I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sung is like accepting Domino's as being the best pizza. If that's all one is going to have and it fits the bill, then so be it. Once one breaks away from it and tries others, expanding their horizons, then there's no looking back.
    The Bark Bites Back.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Sung is like accepting Domino's as being the best pizza. If that's all one is going to have and it fits the bill, then so be it. Once one breaks away from it and tries others, expanding their horizons, then there's no looking back.
    Funny enough, the reverse was the case for me. The little ruffian called Sung Homme came home to meet some Amouages and Creeds, as well as the dig-daddy power-frags i had amassed at the time. Sung Homme was most welcome and we've had lots of good times together. And still will.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

Original all the way in it's purple glory! Like The Bark's roomate named it - "Stud in a bottle!" lol

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

I never found one to be worth owning.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Like The Bark's roomate named it - "Stud in a bottle!" lol
    Glad somebody remembered that! What made it even more "studly", was that it was a splash bottle - if I remember correctly. This and Tsar were the frags that got the booty call, because they would ask for him by name. Sung. Alfred Sung.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Not sure where all the hate comes from.

I find that Alfred Sung Hei smells way more expensive than it is. With its bamboo and mint notes it's one of the most wearable fragrances on hot summer days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Not sure where all the hate comes from.

I find that Alfred Sung Hei smells way more expensive than it is. With its bamboo and mint notes it's one of the most wearable fragrances on hot summer days.
    I don't see where the hate is; hell, I own a bottle myself. Perhaps you're projecting distaste for Domino's pizza into the equation?

To clarify, my point being is it's low-end price-wise, and just because it's low-end doesn't mean it's necessarily bad... but that you can't really appreciate what bad really is until you challenge yourself to the entire spectrum of possibilities.

Having Sung Homme, wearing it back in college, and having tried lord knows how many scents - it's not something that I find particularly great or wear that often. I did when I first had it, sure. I also drank Bud Ice. But just like eating Domino's pizza, I'd wear it if all my other choices were exhausted or if I were in the mood.

It's not a matter of hate; it's a matter of having many other options available.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Hei is very nice.
    Yep. I agree 100% with this one. Each time I wear it, I get compliments from the woman.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

I don't see where the hate is; hell, I own a bottle myself. Perhaps you're projecting distaste for Domino's pizza into the equation?
    No, I own a lot of (relatively) expensive stuff and a lot of inexpensive stuff and have never felt the need to be dismissive of one or the other.

Post Thanks / Like

<Adds Hei to test list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    The original Sung Homme (purple juice) is said to be the only one that's decent, even this gets a lot of negative criticism on the way it projects and how it's composed.
    Yeah, Sung homme is alright. Kind of like the poor man's Orange Spice, in that it's pleasantly citrusy/fruity, with that "sterilized public bathroom" heavyness to it's musks.

Won't spend any money on these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I love Sung Homme. It's a big purple Powerhouse from the 80s. It's very strong. It's definitely a love it or hate it frag. I used to hate it, now I love it.
    I've liked Sung Homme from the first time I ever smelled it. I agree with Shamu that it's a very strong fragrance - a definite 80s powerhouse fragrance. I think this purple juice is great, personally, and I would encourage you to buy it blind. As a matter of fact, I just got a very nice compliment from a female coworker last week while wearing Sung Homme. Take a look at what's written on Sung Homme here ----> http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?d...scussionid=418 .

Hei is like the high-end version of Aqua Velva. I love it. My wife loves it. I've given it as a gift - very popular. It's a good investment at its current modest price point. Good advice: buy.

Post Thanks / Like

I find Sung Homme intoxicating, and his other ones of little interest.

It would be fair to say over the years, responses here have always been a small minority who really thought Sung Homme was absolutely great, while the majority disliked it.

Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I got Hei as a gift years ago from an old girlfriend. I didn't mind wearing it when i had it, but i find as i collection more fragrances that I don't think I would ever find an occasion other than a very casual scent...which i have others that are way better.
    But for the price, it's def worth it i think.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I find them all fairly uninspiring if I'm honest.

I swapped my bottle off a long time ago, but if I still had some I'd dilute it with vodka and try to make it wearable, because I think it might be if given the Bigsly Vodka Treatment (BVT). LOL.

I use to not like it but now a few years later i seem to like it - the Homme version. I can see older people would like this more, it is fresh and smells like irish spring at the beginning. It reminds me of a guy in the 80's on his harley with a leather jacket, and has nice longevity as well.
    Last edited by DAX; 4th May 2011 at 08:22 AM. Reason: error

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sung Homme was so bad that I'm actually having second thoughts about it, and wondering if I missed something. The horror-stricken recoil I had from initial application to final drydown was unmatched.

At best, it just smelled cheap.