Code of Conduct

Default How can I get that Selection Verte tester??

So this weekend I was at Neiman Marcus and there was a full tester of Creed Selection Verte sitting on the counter with all the testers. Here is my conversation:

Me: So I like this Selection Verte, do you have any for sale?
    SA: No it is no longer made.
    Me: I really want some Selection Verte. Can you sell me the tester?
    SA: No we're not allowed to.
    Me: Can you find out if any other store has it?
    SA: Ok one moment. (shuffles through papers and looks at her cell phone)
    "You like citrus. Here try this one" (sprays Himalaya on a tester strip for me)
    Me: I already own it. I really want Selection Verte. Another store sold me a tester of another discontinued Creed. Or can you give it to me if I buy something else?
    SA: No sorry. Here try this. (sprays Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse on a tester card)
    Me: I don't want that, I want Selection Verte and I don't understand why this tester is here if you can't sell it and have no Selection Verte to sell.
    SA: No answer
    Me: Ok thanks (walk away)

Has anyone else had this experience? Anyone know where I can get a flacon or tester of Selection Verte?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: How can I get that Selection Verte tester??

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    So this weekend I was at Neiman Marcus and there was a full tester of Creed Selection Verte sitting on the counter with all the testers. Here is my conversation:

Me: So I like this Selection Verte, do you have any for sale?
    SA: No it is no longer made.
    Me: I really want some Selection Verte. Can you sell me the tester?
    SA: No we're not allowed to.
    Me: Can you find out if any other store has it?
    SA: Ok one moment. (shuffles through papers and looks at her cell phone)
    "You like citrus. Here try this one" (sprays Himalaya on a tester strip for me)
    Me: I already own it. I really want Selection Verte. Another store sold me a tester of another discontinued Creed. Or can you give it to me if I buy something else?
    SA: No sorry. Here try this. (sprays Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse on a tester card)
    Me: I don't want that, I want Selection Verte and I don't understand why this tester is here if you can't sell it and have no Selection Verte to sell.
    SA: No answer
    Me: Ok thanks (walk away)

Has anyone else had this experience? Anyone know where I can get a flacon or tester of Selection Verte?
    I have had this exact same experience at least 4 times with Nieman Marcus counter girls in possession of testers of that good dark amber vintage Selection Verte.

My Neiman Marcus SA wouldn't sell me a tester but was willing to decant it into a Creed atomizer (obviously if I purchased the atomizer). I wonder why it's against company policy for stores to sell testers - especially if the fragrance is discontinued?
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Bring several hundred in cash? Testers can always go missing or break, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    bring several hundred in cash? Testers can always go missing or break, right?
    lol!

I had a manager at a Neiman Marcus sell me a tester of Vintage Tabarome for $200 that he had stored somewhere in the back. Also had an SA give me a free tester of Vintage Tabarome. So why is it so hard to get Selection Verte? I'm sure there are still flacons of this out there.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

It will come back in the future when the ingredients can be procured, according to Creed. To me, this is a ploy to have us "miss" it so we will snatch it up when it comes back, and it will.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Banned

Maybe the NM sales associates know that people are buying up these testers cheap and then totally price gouging by throwing them on eBay? It would be one thing if these were going to people who appreciated the perfumes and were keeping them for personal use, but it seems like LOTS of them are showing up on eBay. This means people are finding ways to buy them, probably inexpensively or dishonestly (i.e. paying SAs to steal them), and then profiting highly by either splitting them up into absurdly overpriced 10ml decants or just outright charging 4-5x the per/ml cost for the bottle. I've known Creed SAs that work for Saks and one of the only perks of their job is keeping the testers. Why would they give these up just so someone can make a killing on eBay? I'm NOT saying the OP wanted to do this, but what I'm saying is that the people who do this are ruining it for the people who just want to buy the perfumes for themselves. Having the testers remain on the counter means more people get a chance to sniff these discontinued fragrances, even if it's just a couple spritzes. Perhaps it's better they remain on the counter where more people can enjoy them instead of them disappearing into one person's collection, or even worse going to the highest sucker... i mean, bidder, LOL....

That sucks. I recall once trying everything in my power to convince the girls at Macy's to let me buy/have/steal the tester for Pure Coffee, but to no avail. Good luck with Selection Verte.