Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur Mandarine Limited Edition for Spring

Just made this blind purchase online through their website from an e-mail I was sent from the company tonight. Has anyone experienced this fragrance yet? I welcome all opinions - positive or negative.

Blog Entries

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur Mandarine Limited Edition for Spring

I called L'Artisan at Henri Bendel earlier today and spoke with Linda. She said this is Mandarine Tout Simplement with the name abbreviated to fit better on the label, but in a smaller bottle than it used to be sold in-- and at a lower price.

She also said she has only 20 bottles of it, and will not be allowed to order more.

Also she said she has the same number of Iris Pallida in 50 ml bottles going at $115. (Not the 100 ml bottles at $295!)

I paid $100 for 100ml, (a great price) + $11 for shipping - $111 total and it comes with the old top. They call it the "copper" top. It only comes in the 100ml size according to their website. This is what the e-mail said:

"An uplifting burst of happiness, inspired by the countryside of Sicily and Calabria!

A vibrant and fruity Eau de Toilette full of mandarin oranges, ginger, frangipani and cedar, the fruits of a collaboration between L’Artisan Parfumeur and master perfumer Olivia Giacobetti.

And to celebrate this limited edition, we’re offering you a little bit more of L’Artisan Parfumeur for a little bit less – with a unique special price."

Visit our online boutique now and discover this refreshing fragrance, only available this Spring.

Don't know whether it is what you mention. It looks like all the old bottles with the old tops. If I could have figured how to include an image (attachment) correctly, I would have. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by hednic; 27th April 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Blog Entries

I got the email too. Here is the photo:

But compare the description of Mandarine Tout Simplement from this blog-- clearly it is one and the same scent, reintroduced at a lower price point. Well...it used to be 250 ml for $125 when first introduced. Not sure how the price rose later.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2006/05/04...grance-review/

I'm sure you are right. Thanks for the image. I am just flabbergasted that it was such a low price while many other 100ml offerings sell for $135 on their site.

Basenotes Institution

I thought it was okay, when I tested it (as Mandarine Tout Simplement) at Neiman's years ago. But then again, Giacobetti's creations usually require multiple full wearings for me to wrap my head around them.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

It's light and meant to be applied liberally, I think. That is generally true of the ones that come in the huge bottles. I had a sample of it a couple of years ago; have to say it was not for me, but I'm sure it appeals to many.

I smelled this in Paris last week. Lovely lovely mandarine. If you're a mandarin lover, i suggest this and Mandarine mandarin by Serge Lutens. The L'Artisan for the day and the Serge Lutens for the night.

Blog Entries

If you are thinking of buying the limited edition but don't know the scent:

While I was in NYC I got a decanted sample of this if anyone wants it. PM me with name and mailing address. USA only please.

Thanks to this thread, I went up to Bendel's today and bought a bottle of the Mandarin. $100 for 100ml.

The thing about this fragrance (that I don't like) is I need to spray about 35 times all over me just to get a bit of it. I even sprayed my hair. So the 100 ml will disappear soon. Most fragrances I only spray once or twice, I've never had one before that I needed 35 sprays.

ETA: They also have an IRIS fragrance out for a limited time. I didn't buy this but in a way it was much more interesting.

@firehorse 35 sprays!! wow I guess I should do that with some perfumes too. I have never been brave enough.