Code of Conduct

Default 25 new Guerlain lipsticks given legendary perfume names! fun!

A glossy little folder arrived in the mail with swatches of 25 different, new lipstick colors from Guerlain (apparently, long-wearing lipstick that has received pretty decent reviews, by the way). As I reviewed the colors on the card, I was stunned to see that they had perfume names! Apres L' Ondee, Jicky, Chant d' Aromes, Nahema,....

The three shade/name combinations that surprised me most were Shalimar, Mitsouko, and L' Heure Bleue. The card colors appear much more intense than the swatch colors on skin:

http://karlasugar.net/2011/04/guerla...e-automatique/

This isn't exactly a perfume topic, but I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else was surprised about the combinations.

Default Re: 25 new Guerlain lipsticks given legendary perfume names! fun!

I saw swatches a few months back on various beauty blogs. I doubt Guerlain even tried to match colours to the fragrances, more a pick a name to each lipstick on of a hat.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

They have 'Parure' foundations I believe. All these perfume names for lipstick - a bit sacrilegious ! I know every time I see Guerlain Parure named cosmetics, I want to smell them and I feel a little twang for the discontinued scent. I wouldn't buy a lipstick just because it's called Vol de Nuit or Jicky but I see the appeal.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

That's such a lost opportunity (I'm both a lipstick and perfume fan), but I must admit, some of the names do have that feel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    I saw swatches a few months back on various beauty blogs. I doubt Guerlain even tried to match colours to the fragrances, more a pick a name to each lipstick on of a hat.

....and Meteorites. In that instance, I think the cosmetics came first, then the fragrance. The use of the Parure name is irritating, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    They have 'Parure' foundations I believe. All these perfume names for lipstick - a bit sacrilegious ! I know every time I see Guerlain Parure named cosmetics, I want to smell them and I feel a little twang for the discontinued scent. I wouldn't buy a lipstick just because it's called Vol de Nuit or Jicky but I see the appeal.

Basenotes Institution

I have a Guerlain blusher - Blush 4 eclats which I am sure must be the smell of the scent Meteorites. I really would like to inhale my blusher more but I would sneeze. *LOL* I find it frustrating . It's a lovely smell .
    I have been tempted to buy Meteorites online because of that gentle 'Guerlain' smell .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Had the chance to see these in real life today. Ye gods Shalimar is bright shocking pink!!! Not my colour.
    Jicky is brown and for me wearable. Pink lipsticks I need a nude pink with hints of brown. I cannot wear red lipstick at all, but strangely brown.
    DONNA

I purchased the new Guerlain lipstick in Habit Rouge. This one, I feel, is a good color match for Habit Rouge's character. Sadly, the Chant d'Aromes lipstick color is a neutral brown that is just a little too little color for me. Must explore these further. That little trap-door mechanism is a hoot to play with.

I think that's a fun idea. Looks like a nice range of colors.

Lipsticks with perfume names! I think it's clever (and good marketing).

I was going to start a thread on these down in cosmetics but never got round to it.

I had a proper play with these on Saturday. I even tried some outside my comfort zone and asked opinion of a friend(she actually works at Chanel. LOL), can I say I really hate the lighting in stores! Chant was too pale on me a very light shimmery beige, Jicky was fine but a bit flat. Coq d'Or which fancied was just not right!!!!!! So it was no 100 Apres L'Ondee which I bought. Now this is in the Beiges and when I got it home I would not really consider a beige in the true sense. It is a rose with a hint of plum and perhaps beige undertone. In truth it is like your own lip colour only a bit more, very wearable.

The texture of these lipsticks are quite light and do feel like that on the lips, they have a gel/cream like thing. I do find I have to put the lipstick up alot to get a good application, its the way the case works. The latter is metal and shiney gold the button I am not sure if this bit is plastic or metal. They are expensive at 24.50 but I did have a voucher for 5 off in Debenhams.

By the way the number of the lipstick is on the top of the tester and the name on the side.
    DONNA

I own Guerlain's Rouge Automatique in Vega 125!Love it!