Code of Conduct

Default Creed Royal Delight vs Creed Silver Mountain Water

I know - another Creed thread. Sue me.

A few years ago, before I got really into fragrance, I asked a dept store friend which fragrance was the best. He said I should get Creed Silver Mountain Water because it smells rich. I went on Ebay and bought a bottle. I wore it a few times and got rid of it because it didn't move me.

My first niche was Virgin Island Water and I also enjoyed Royal Delight. I've sampled Royal Delight and really enjoyed it. Recently I received a sample of SMW and really really liked it. I am guessing the SMW that I got from ebay was fake or really old.

I've worn Royal Delight and SMW on separate wrists to test both and I keep noticing how similar they are. RD is a tad bit sweeter and bolder, SMW seems a little more refined but the note journey seems to be pretty much the same on my skin.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Default Re: Creed Royal Delight vs Creed Silver Mountain Water

To me, they do not smell alike. I would go with SMW. I'm wearing it at work today and it smells awesome. It's clean and lasts all day.

BFREE

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you're getting Creed off ebay, there's no way to make an informed decision on this. You haven't smelled these fragrances yet.

I would choose SMW as well as RD smells good but I find it to feminine and it smells like you have been to a French Boudoir.

I forgot to mention.. I got rid of the old SMW bottle and am using a fresh sample of SMV from a Neiman Marcus.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    To me, they do not smell alike.
    Nor to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Nor to me.
    Agreed. The SMW is my preference.

SMW is my preference also!
    Gary

I prefer SMW
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    If you're getting Creed off ebay, there's no way to make an informed decision on this. You haven't smelled these fragrances yet.
    If you're getting your idea of the thread's content from the first paragraph, there's no way to make an informed post on it. You haven't read his post yet.

I'm going to rattle the cage here and say I prefer the Royal Delight. I love the jasmine and the leather with a touch of vanilla.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like them both and I am thinking which one I am gonna get first and which one second.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

I find no similarities between the two, Royal Delight is a leather floriental, while SMW is an aromatic, "fresh" fougère. Composition wise, I think Royal Delight is a more accomplished fragrance, but for me, it misses the mark of greatness. I prefer something like Habit Rouge. BTW, the name Royal Delight sounds more like one of those filthy sex act euphemisms like Rusty Trombone or Dirty Sanchez, than a fine fragrance moniker. As a side note, I've read that, "Utah's existing sodomy law prohibits oral sex, anal sex, and the rusty trombone." I wonder if Royal Delight will be added to the list of prohibited acts.
    But, I digress. Beyond SMW's black currant top note, it reminds me of those 90s, metallic grand children of Grey Flannel/Cool Water/GIT/Platinum Egoïste/etc., a very 90s smell. I do have fond memories of smelling it during it's heyday on both men and women.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 28th October 2011 at 03:43 PM.

SMW. RD fails to be a delight for me.

I will have my lawyer contact you.

SMW

Wearing my new RD today. I smell the ambergris note as a commonality, but they're different. SMW is cool feeling and RD is warm feeling, so to speak, with it's leather and floral smoothness.

Get both. Wear RD in autumn/winter and SMW in spring/summer. I prefer SMW and it's certainly more versatile, but the RD has been retired so I had to try it.
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

SMW. This is my most complimented fragranced I've owned.

I like both of them, but still SMW is better IMO
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

SMW is the better fragrance, but I'd get RD because it might be or is discontinued