Code of Conduct

Thread: Amber absolute

Default Amber absolute

Hey folks,

I own tobacco vanille and enjoy it very much. I want to try out amber absolute, I hear it has some tobacco notes in it. Are they different enough to own both?

Default Re: Amber absolute

I own both, they are quite different to me.

AA does not have a distinct tobacco note for me though it has a nice, sweet smokiness.

Sur la Plage

Quite different - and both worth owning.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Would you say AA is very unique and will make you stand out in a crowd?

Blog Entries

Amber Absolute is one of the very best amber fragrances IMO. I don't detect tobacco in it, but a nice whiff of incense. lt has powerful sillage & longevity, & l don't think you'll come across many people wearing it, so yes, it will make you stand out from the crowd!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Thank you for your response, better for the winter months? Tobacco vanille has monstrous sillage and longevity on me, so I'm eager to try AA

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Amber Absolute is one of the very best amber fragrances IMO. I don't detect tobacco in it, but a nice whiff of incense. lt has powerful sillage & longevity, & l don't think you'll come across many people wearing it, so yes, it will make you stand out from the crowd!
    I absolutely agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Thank you for your response, better for the winter months? Tobacco vanille has monstrous sillage and longevity on me, so I'm eager to try AA
    You're welcome! Personally l find it most suitable for cold winter weather, but you may feel differently. l know not everyone divides their fragrances in terms of season, but l certainly do!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

oh yeah, totally different. Both very TF private collection in their style (dense/well blended, linear, huge projection and longevity).

I think TV is more unique, but love AA. If you're going for an amber, there are many options out there, but IMO ignorance is bliss. If you like TF then just buy the AA and love it is much as everyone else does. It's IMO a top 3 amber, but don't bother trying out the rest. Just be aware that it's probably not a summer frag, so if you want a light easy to wear amber then there are some options there...

as for unique and standing out in a crowd, hmmm, not like TV does. AA is potent juice so it'll be noticed, but something about sweet or aquatic gets attention.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I don't think there are any tobacco notes on it. Even if there are. There is no comparison. They're different perfumes all together.

Amber Absolute contains amber, vanilla, wood accent, and wood incense as the notes. I didn't care for Amber Absolute for the first 6 months. It smelt too creamy and almost buttery to me. Then I decided to wear it. I love it. Great longevity and sillage. Definantly a cooler climate perfume. But I also feel that Tobacco Vanille is a cooler climate perfume but many people wear it during the summer/spring so thats purely opinion based. Try layering Tobacco Vanille and Amber Absolute. The incense and vanilla compliment Tobacco Vanille very well.
    Last edited by Mr_Castro; 12th May 2011 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Typo