Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Your favourite Youtube reviewer

i gota say my favorite youtube reviewers are marc and cubby

for me as an avid watcher of all of them, it would be hard to choose a best. tbat would be like trying to choose a best fragrance. there is just a wonderful sea of flavors to enjoy. i want to thank eveyone though for your kind words for me and on wonderful people that i am truly honored to have made friendships with. everyones participation makes this world of fragrances just some of the best fun ever!

^ has the best youtube fragrance reviewer laugh
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Marc and Miguel

My Top 8...

1. Kerosene (best nose)
    2. CutlassSupreme (honest reviews)
    3. JRWriter (good reviews)
    4. Fragrancefanatic (street scents)
    5. Hiro (reviews a different variety)
    6. DKMode (consistent reviews)
    7. BPWool (most honest)
    8. Marc (reviews a ton of niche/designer fragrances)

Some of the older reviewers enjoy all fragrances and portray the bad fragrances as great! Hard to get a straight answer from them.
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 28th April 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    My Top 8...

1. Kerosene (best nose)
    2. CutlassSupreme (honest reviews)
    3. JRWriter (good reviews)
    4. Fragrancefanatic (street scents)
    5. Hiro (reviews a different variety)
    6. DKMode (consistent reviews)
    7. BPWool (most honest)
    8. Marc (reviews a ton of niche/designer fragrances)

Some of the older reviewers enjoy all fragrances and portray the bad fragrances as great! Hard to get a straight answer from them.
    Don't rub it in! Even though i've said Marc & Dan are my personal favourites, I love all of them tbh. It's my favourite medium for reviews.

1. Marc ( http://www.youtube.com/user/robes08 ) is my favourite youtube reviewer. His reviews are informative and fun. Also he has great taste similiar to mine. I watched almost all his videos.

2. CutlassSupremeS ( http://www.youtube.com/user/CutlassSupremeS ) my second favourite guy. Very informative reviews. Almost made my gag when I saw his sampling of Secretions Magnifique

Honorable mentions:

Ariscotm ( http://www.youtube.com/user/ariscotm ) I like how she always laughs and use swear words lol. Nice charismatic person.

Hiroyoruzuka ( http://www.youtube.com/user/hiroyoruzuk ) Excentric guy. Very fun to watch. Technicaly best made videos. Almost made me buy full bottle of Musc Ravageur lol.

MyMickers ( http://www.youtube.com/user/MyMickers ) Interesting fragrance choices to wear. I like how he always mention experience with fragrance amongst ladies + bring his wife to say few words.

I also watched and liked few videos of Kerosene and Tsweetfocc

KatiePuckrick - well she is indeed beautiful but I dont like her reviews. They are too short and as Ivan D'Great already posted I can't seem to learn about the fragrance from her. Not my cup of tea.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Blog Entries

Katie, Kerosene and Guinea.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

Most of them, it would be hard to pick a favorite, most Youtube reviewers managed to convince and even impress me through their insight, wit, sense of style and creativity

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I don't really follow fragrance reviews on YouTube except mrclmind's but Ash's blazing & butchering style cracks me up! LOL.

[QUOTE=john916;2154450]threadstarter failed by not mentioning Marc. Robes08 is the best youtube reviewer, bar none.
    [QUOTE]

I went back and saw I hadnt included Marc!
    I thought I has his name first, must have started out Ma adn finished shu and didnt realise. Happens.

I also like that Denis mentions basenotes in all of his reviews. Initially thought he might have been getting some kickbacks from Grant and co.

Katie is my heroin!

Blog Entries

The first reviewer I came across over a year ago on youtube was Tim I believe, who was the first reviewer to do it on a regular basis?
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Marc, gotta say your "The good the bad and the ugly" series is a great idea.

Had you not slated Kouros in your YSL edition of that I might have included you in my opening post.

Most informative and thorough with the biggest selection of reviews: robes08
    Who I agree with the most: CutlassSupremeSL
    Best speaker/most professional: KatiePuckrikSmells
    Most Swagger: hiroyoruzuka
    Funniest: Guinea54
    Best real life application: bouncerhiphop
    The guy who got me started: twestcoff
    More great reviewers: JRWRITER, FRAGRANCEFANATIC1

LOL...Denis' story about using Acqua di Gio as elevator freshener:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDoskq5vFJ4

And his demonstration of the Le Male bottle at around the 15 second point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDoskq5vFJ4

What he lacks in refinement, he makes up for in originality.

good lord there is nobody to touch katie why the hell do they all have to start off, "hey, what's goin/ on youtube?" it's like so hard to give any creedance after that, and katie's the only cutepie too

I'm not really a fan of starting my videos off that way but after a while you begin to realize that hundreds of sites end up using your reviews. It takes a lot of work to have a youtube channel and there is literally no money to be made. I like to have some sort of tag in my video so at least people will know where to find my channel and where it originated from.
    Last edited by mickers; 6th May 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Dan, I like the way you start your videos off. I like the energy you put into your videos...seems to be true passion. I appreciate that, regardless of experience/tagline,etc. I subscribe to several reviewers on there. It helps me paint a picture of the fragrance. My "nose" isn't the most tenured, so I rely on others to give me an idea of what I'm getting myself into before I order a sample or bottle.

There's a good 10 or so that I enjoy.. they know who they are. But, I feel everyone brings something different to the table, and applaud them all for getting behind the camera and doing what they love. As FragranceFanatic1 would say.. I respect that!

Quote Originally Posted by rhaybans View Post
    I am very actively involved in the youtube fragrance community. I love it over there. There are dozens of very knowledgeable and amazing people over there. Many not on that list. More people should definitely come check it out.
    Couldn't agree more. Just don't watch that Dkmode83 guy he's an idiot.
    Current Faves
    Niche: 1. Aoud 1 2. Lumiere Noire 3. Spiriteuse Double Vanille 4. Rose 31 5. MFK APOM 6. Prelude to Love 7. Frapin 1270 8. Tonka Imperial 9. Montale Red Aoud 10. Jubilation XXV
    Designer 1. L'Instant EDP 2. Dior Homme/Intense 3. La Nuit 4. Terre D'Hermes 5. L'Occitane Eau Des Baux 6. A*Men 7. L'Homme 8. Allure Edition Blanche 9. Unforgivable Multi Platinum 10. Allure

Its hard to say who my favorite is. If I had to pick one...Cubby. Fast and to the point. On another note, I only review for those that can't read because basenotes doesn't offer a picture book.

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel once I realized the reference to "Ash" wasn't about me, Ashkan........

"You smell fantastic, what is that?"
    "It's diesel"
    "*nods* Wow, it's incredible"
    "No, you don't understand....it's diesel fuel"
    "Oh, okay, i'll buy that one then"

Thumbs up Re: Your favourite Youtube reviewer

Wow! It is so nice to see a thread like this! Thanks for the love everyone! I am glad you guys enjoy the videos!

I think that everyone on YouTube does a really great job! and I think that each of us have our own unique qualities.

My personal favourites are Kerosene and Katie Puckrick because they both have a great sense of humour. But, hell, they're all great! I am so glad that it has turned into such a wonderful, unpretentious, and judgement-free community!

Thanks so much JonnyLeMale!!!! You just made my day!!!

I for one am grateful to the reviewers on youtube. They are the reason I started collecting and the reason I know what basenotes is. They helped me discover and look at fragrances in a whole new light. I am sure that I am only one of many that feels this way. Guys like Marc, Cubby, Tim and many others have allowed me to meet some wonderful people on youtube, basenotes, makeupalley, and fragrantica. I thank you guys for putting yourselves out there. This is an expensive hobby. But it is one that I love and adore.

I'd say MyMikers reviews are very fun to watch, I love the energy and enthusiasm
    Hiroyoruzuka and his crew of fruit people lowriding in their car falling into a swimming pool of caramel/tonka beans liquor or whatever! lol
    also robes08, jrwriter, 959lover and others I can't remember or haven't come across yet.

It's nice to have all kind of people doing reviews you can choose to watch from,
    however some reviewers are very interesting but makes me fall asleep, and a very few I can't stand because of the extra concentré of too much ego and arrogance but that's youtube, and you always have the choice to turn off your computer lol

I think it's the MyMickers who mentioned basenotes in one of his reviews that made me look for this very informative site, so cheers to the guy!

fountain

marc
    kerosene

watched/listened to loads but, imho, only these two reviewers stand out as truly classy. incompetence, cheap jokes and/or narcissistic attitudes are not up my street at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post

mkousui/mashu/Matthew

yes , that guy rocks

he is my fave too
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Definitive YouTube reviewers thread - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/276...viewers-Thread
    *** Please note, it's not a discussion thread. If good reviewers have been missed then either PM me or post them there.
    Thanks.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

MyMickers is numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Definitive YouTube reviewers thread - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/276...viewers-Thread
    *** Please note, it's not a discussion thread. If good reviewers have been missed then either PM me or post them there.
    Thanks.
    Great idea! Maybe add their full name after the link?

JRWRITER for keeping it real.

Been enjoying Kerosene's reviews. Wicked sense of humour.

Katie is also funny. I love her to the point review style.

I think it's gotta go to Robes08 and Hiro. These guys go into great detail and are entertaining at the same time.

Marc,Brandon,MyMickers,JR.....

Katie Puckrik
    Last edited by pluran; 2nd August 2011 at 05:22 AM.

My two favorites are easily Marc ( Robes08), & Kerosene. Always an excellent job & fun to watch.

Haha pluran, I don't think Denis is looking at the technical aspects of the drydown.

I have noticed that every youtube reviewer seems to have cut their teeth on the following scents:
    Le Male; Allure series; 1 Million; Issey Miyake; A*Men Pure Malt. Its crazy the coverage these ones get there.

HM, Creed MI, Rose 31 and Musc Ravageeur seem to be en vogue there now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    Haha pluran, I don't think Denis is looking at the technical aspects of the drydown.

I have noticed that every youtube reviewer seems to have cut their teeth on the following scents:
    Le Male; Allure series; 1 Million; Issey Miyake; A*Men Pure Malt. Its crazy the coverage these ones get there.

HM, Creed MI, Rose 31 and Musc Ravageeur seem to be en vogue there now.
    Oh, Aventus, New Haarlem, and Dior Homme are also on our hit list nowadays. It's a far cry from a year ago when the all rage was Pure Malt, La Nuit de L'Homme, and Versace Eau Fraiche.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandaze View Post
    Oh, Aventus, New Haarlem, and Dior Homme are also on our hit list nowadays. It's a far cry from a year ago when the all rage was Pure Malt, La Nuit de L'Homme, and Versace Eau Fraiche.
    Yeah can't believe I missed those out. Specially La Nuit de L'Homme.
    Seems to be goiing down the Niche path now.

Definitely Katie Puckrick . Maybe not hugely informative, and I even disagree on a few of her notes, but she has poise and style.

It would have been mrclmind but he stopped doing them. I ended buying many of the scents he reviewed. He turned me into a Guerlain tramp.

I like Katie P a lot. Have met her in Scent Bar a couple of times. Wish she did more male frags.

Dynamite Dennis...how fun is that guy?

Honorable mention to Ash. Yeah, he's got a ways to go on some the subleties of the language of perfume, but he's got a lot of scents and he's into it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It would have been mrclmind but he stopped doing them. I ended buying many of the scents he reviewed. He turned me into a Guerlain tramp.
    I'm a fan of his written reviews here on Basenotes. What's his Youtube channel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I'm a fan of his written reviews here on Basenotes. What's his Youtube channel?

Thanks
    I think they're offline now, and it's a shame. Or maybe a blessing for me...I buy enough stuff without his glowing reviews.

The youtube fragrance communtiy is awesome. I like Marc, mymickers, Brandon, miguel, and theresa, and ashkon

Quote Originally Posted by Dkmode83 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Just don't watch that Dkmode83 guy he's an idiot.
    Haha Dave. Been enjoying your reviews now. Took a while to get to you. Also going through a lot of Kirill and MrTravisDiaz's stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    yes , that guy rocks

he is my fave too
    Unfortunately Mashu has taken his channel down, which is a real pity, as he covered scents that I really enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    You guys need to watch " hiroyoruzuka " you will fall out of your chairs. Check his review on Musc Ravageur !
    Here it is LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/user/hiroyoru.../3/TwV1Bm-xOoQ

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    Unfortunately Mashu has taken his channel down, which is a real pity, as he covered scents that I really enjoy.
    mashu's review on Egoiste is what introduced me to this great, masculine fragrance. I hope he comes back soon.

#1. ARISCOTM

#2. Katie Puckrick

I'd burn spliffs with either one of em.

the NYFragranceBlog dude is alright too, but ARISCOTM is LULZ.

Marc, Brandon, Julio, Miguel, Tim

I've been going through a lot of Mickers reviews and I gotta say this guy makes me laugh in almost every video. I can relate to him because he gets excited about certain fragrances and his wife just doesn't share his enthusiasm. My favorite video is when he mistakenly calls his wife an "old lady." I also wish Kerosene and Robes08 get back to reviewing. Really enjoyed those.

Dan(mymickers) and Ashkhan(959lover) crack me up, they're hilarious. Cubby(cformosa) is my fav though, he's articulate and his vids are professional and straight to the point. Also he sells decants of everything he reviews, which is pretty sweet!

Theres a relative new reviewer and he really seems a little unbalanced , I just hope that he isnt the future of the YouTube community

Sickman77 (Isaac) was funny, esepcially his Johnny series, but I am afraid he is gone.
    My top 16:

1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

my favourite cologne reviewers on youtube are:
    1. robes08 http://www.youtube.com/user/robes08
    2. tswetcoff http://www.youtube.com/user/tswetcoff
    3. kerosenetrewthe http://www.youtube.com/user/Kerosenetrewthe#g/u
    4. dracdoc http://www.youtube.com/user/dracdoc#g/u

all of them explain the cologne very detail in long video sometimes over 10 minutes, for me as a new it is really helping.
    they explain the notes, longetivity, versatility, how to use/spray which sometimes there are some colognes we need to apply it uniquely to get best of it.
    And they use common thing in everyday life that the scent associating with every note of the cologne. like terre d'hermes smells like pickle juice. help me imagine the scent before try it on store
    Last edited by CowokHarum; 2nd August 2011 at 06:48 AM.

Katey Puckrik is fun to watch. And that's about it for me personally, she's not actually useful for me imo.

Marc however, has influenced a lot of my purchases, seems to have reviewed all my scents thoroughly, and the ones i'm interested in as well.

For me, a youtube reviewer should actually HELP me cinch a purchase, which Marc does a good job of.

Marc, even through he is from the socialist north

Katie, the dimple gets me

Julio

Dracdoc is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Solid reviews.

Also enjoyed Ray Liotta (or Rhaybans)

Miguel is number 1! Very entertaining.