Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Your favourite Youtube reviewer

There are a number of fun to watch reviewers on Youtube. Remembering that on such a medium going into too much detail could be counterproductive.

I like Mashu, Ashkan, Tim, JRWriter, Julio.

But by far the best is........ dynamite Dennis (bouncerhiphop)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlakGi2yvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feF-WiAJahQ

Default Re: Your favourite Youtube reviewer

My favorite youtube reviewer is:

Katie Puckrick

http://www.youtube.com/user/KatiePuckrikSmells

Maaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrcccccccccccc

Miguel is my favourite followed closely by Brandon

Can't remember his name, but the eccentric one - the one who reviews a million in a minute and who butchers the names.

I don't watch any anymore but the ones by Kerosene were ones I like. He's got great lines and knows how to have fun with words and descriptions.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I have a massive amount of respect for anybody who puts themselves forward to do Youtube reviews. Marc is the Daddy and one of the main reasons for me getting into this hobby in the first place. I also REALLY love watching Dan (mymickers). He started collecting not long before me & he seems like the kinda guy i'd like to go for a beer with!

Blog Entries

Ash?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Ash?
    Mr Lay Mah-Lay!

I don't really bother with Youtube reviews; most of them take too long getting to the point, and I typically prefer the written word.

The lone exception is my man

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Ash?

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Katie is the ruling queen of YT fragrance reviewers,
    she has no competition whatsoever ... IMHO!

I also like our very own Kerosene, and I simply
    adore Ariscotm (aka Theresa), she is sooo cute:

'I look naked! I'm wearing clothes, I'm so wearing clothes!'

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I simply
    adore Ariscotm (aka Theresa), she is sooo cute:

[I]'I look naked! I'm wearing clothes, I'm so wearing clothes!'
    I just watched this.

The review rather plods at times, but she makes up for it with intermittent cussing and a conspicuous lack of inner monologue.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    The review rather plods at times
    Yeah, it's not her best review.
    I just thought the beginning
    was so sweet!

Check out her channel, she
    really is a good reviewer, and
    always cute and cussing, and
    sometimes says the most funny
    random things!

Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 27th April 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Katie , Marc , Teresa , Dan , Patrick , Will , Kerosene , Miguel , Cubby , Dustin , Joey and his mom ( who is hilarious ) , Johnathan , dkmode , Tim , Julio ... the list goes on , love and appreciate what they do . I think they do a great job

Brandon too of course (not seen him mentioned).

Katie Puckrik

and

mkousui/mashu/Matthew

These two are very straight to the point, charismatic and very passionate about perfumes;-))))
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 28th April 2011 at 05:14 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Katie Puckrik and Kerosene !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I've enjoyed all that I've seen.....

Two that come to mind are Ash, for his frentic style, and Kerosene for his chill humor.

My faves are Katie, Kerosene, and the guy from Japan (mkousui/mashu/Matthew).

Quote Originally Posted by b3t0_1972 View Post
    My favorite youtube reviewer is: Katie Puckrick

http://www.youtube.com/user/KatiePuckrikSmells

+1. Katie by the length of the straight.

The reviews I've agreed with the most are Brandon's. Mark does a good job and his fragrance selection is the best. Although I couldn't believe he gave 1 million a 10 out of 10.

Speaking of Ash, you forgot this one. Watch in the beginning how he tosses his head side to side. Chemical imbalance would be my guess.

once i get out of school in late may it will be me!!

just kidding. there are alot of great reviewers out there. i appreciate all of them

This guy is just sexy as hell , I don't even care what he reviews
    My very own blog : http://thefragranceguru.blogspot.com/

Though Katie P is good, I am not a fan. (she's too "professional tv reviewer" for my tastes - that's a horrible way to describe what it is that annoys me, it's a "personal problem" <mine>...) Ash is a sweetie, Kerosene's are really fun... but my favorite is Teresa and her frank and quirky reviews... I always giggle when a scent takes her by surprise and she curses. (I suppose I'm a child at heart.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Not a fan of Puckrick at all...comes across as thinking she's funny and hip...not even close.

Dynamite Denis 4 life.

You guys need to watch " hiroyoruzuka " you will fall out of your chairs. Check his review on Musc Ravageur !

Quote Originally Posted by Robes08 View Post

Obscene self-promotion! :P Just teasing, bro. I enjoy your reviews as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    He's great.

1. Marc (Robes08)

Another reviewer with a lot of knowledge and eclectic taste is Isaac, http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSickman1977

Guinea is great if you want some humor, http://www.youtube.com/user/Guinea54

Miguel, MyMickers, JR Writer, Kerosene are also good; among others
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Speaking of Ash, you forgot this one. Watch in the beginning how he tosses his head side to side. Chemical imbalance would be my guess.
    lmao. "Gene Paul Gotiey, Lay Mallie."
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Gene Paul Goat - e- ay , Lay Mal - e !!!!! f#$%^in beauty !!!

Katie Puckrick...she's hot!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Robes08 View Post

Some one is biased lmao

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    Gene Paul Goat - e- ay , Lay Mal - e !!!!! f#$%^in beauty !!!
    he is awesome i like Julio as well.

threadstarter failed by not mentioning Marc. Robes08 is the best youtube reviewer, bar none.

Hiro is 2nd...

Canada>>>>

Blog Entries

In all seriousness, though, I do like Kerosene and Marc (robes08). Kerosene is very laid-back and relate-able while Marc can actually pronounce fragrance terms correctly.

Katie Puckrick is nice and all, but I have to be in the mood to watch her.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I think Dan (MyMickers) is probably the best right now. If Isaac was running hot like he was in the beginning, he might still be top dog. But love the interplay with Dan and Amanda, and also the comments he gets at work.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post

+1 The whole combination of bouncer, girls who sit on his lap, and his affable Aussie vibe - he's awesome.

Mine's our very own Kerosene

Katie
    Marc
    Dan
    Julio
    Theresa
    Miguel

I think Ash has done a total of 3 fragrance videos, and he is considered one of the top on Youtube. I think that is an incredible acheivement.

Marc (robes08), Julio (NYFragranceBlog), Brandon (CutlassSupremeSL) and Kerosene are definitely the best. I also enjoy watching 959Lover's reviews - dude is hilarious!
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears."

AC'S FAVORITES - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Carolina Herrera Chic for Men, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois, Van Cleef & Arpels Midnight in Paris EDP, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Acqua di Parma Intensa Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke extrait, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohn View Post
    You guys need to watch " hiroyoruzuka " you will fall out of your chairs. Check his review on Musc Ravageur !
    Hiro, Kerosene and Fragrance fanatic are my faves... Street Scents is awesome.

as for personal favorites,

I find Katie's professional, but only so useful. She's fun to watch but at the end of a video i'm not always quite sure what I've really learned.

I also find Theresa entertaining to watch and I suspect she has a natural talent in her nose. Could use a little editing but I love her all the same. hmmm, I wonder if she's single...

I find Julio is probably the most unrehearsed but somehow the experience seems so intimate. I really like his style and I think he conveys a good 'feel' of the frag.

can I admit to having a mancrush on cubby? he's just so cute (like in a good way). And pretty good reviews too.

Tim, well I think he does/did a lot of work for for the community but just not someone I related to.

Marc's stuff is very very well produced in terms of research, editing, etc. I think he puts in a ton of work and it shows, plus he's got such a big collection that he gets points for just covering a sheer volume of reviews. As a criticism, I think of late he's starting to just buy stuff that people want him to review and ends up summarizing all the major opinions/reviews before him instead of what he thinks. Even listing off notes rather then what he's actually smelling.

I like JRWriter a lot but think he could make a major improvement, and that's getting to the damn point and doing some post filming editing.

Dan (Mickers), I don't know well enough yet to pass comment.

Dynamite Dennis is not my cup of tea at ALL. I'm not even sure I consider his vids reviews, but whatever.

ashkan's great!!! (959lover)

Will (Pegasis27) is super nice and does amazing value splits.

Kerosene's solid. Good work my man.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 2nd May 2011 at 03:43 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Ash.... this guy is actually years ahead of his time. His message is simple 'these scents have gotten me laid'

Ley Maley? Whatever, I'll take 2 of those, please.

Katie
    Marc
    Kerosene
    Julio

You forgot www.youtube.com/user/FragranceFanatic1 His channel is really getting popular with the Street Scent series. He just printed off a bunch of t-shirts as well. They look really nice. The New York City skyline with fragrance bottles.

I think Julio and Marc are some of the best...I really enjoy Dave (dkmode) and Dan(mymickers) just because they're really cool guys...

Well shout out to Tim (tswetcoff) because his are the first fragrance reviews I stumbled upon on youtube. He doesnt post anymore but all his videos are still out there. I thought it was cool that a young guy like that was so into fragrances when I was first starting. In some ways he was ahead of his years though his tastes in some fragrances were more for the younger crowd.

I find Ashkan (959Lover) the funniest on youtube. I'm real glad to see him posting again.

I agree most with Brandon (CutlessSupremeSL) with the exception of his take on Creed. Otherwise his tastes are most in line with mine. He keeps it pretty real.

Guinea54 has gotten pretty funny too. His tribute vids and impersonations are pretty funny these days.

I like seeing Dan's (mymickers) enthusiasm and like seeing his interaction with his wife/fiance Amanda.

Dave (dkmode) has come along nicely and he got me hooked on L'instant de Guerlain (both versions)

Matthew (mkousui) got me to buy D&G By again after watching his review. His reviews are pretty informative.

Katie Puckrik (katiepuckriksmells) is kinda qwerky but I like her creativity and word play. She does a few male fragrance reviews and I have watched her take on some "feminine" ones I was curious about too.

Marc (Robes08) is the guy I go to for proper pronunciation and a grab bag of scents I likely would never hear of otherwise.

There are others I watch on occasion too.

I think it takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and commend all of the reviewers for taking the initiative. I feel I know a little bit about each of you because of it in an odd way and respect the efforts of all of you. Thanks for adding to my quality web surfing
    Last edited by Fletch31; 28th April 2011 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Shameless Marc!!!

As BradW pointed out... FragranceFanatic1. I love street scents.
    And Bouncerhiphop! The dialogue between him and the camera man is hilarious.

Saw one by Hiro yesterday, I like his enthusiasm.

I'll have to make my way thru this listing thanks for posting these channels. So far:

+1 to Dynamite Denis; quickly gets to the point and he's downright funny.

+1 to Marc; for production value, camera and product placement.

+1 to Katie; what can I say she's a doll and she nose what she's talking about.

+1 to Dan; Dan 'looks' like some guy's I do go for a beer with and he's got a funny nervous laff.

toot-els!!!!

I hate youtube reviews of fragrances. Yuck. If we had a smelltube or something, that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    There are a number of fun to watch reviewers on Youtube. Remembering that on such a medium going into too much detail could be counterproductive.

I like Mashu, Ashkan, Tim, JRWriter, Julio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlakGi2yvo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feF-WiAJahQ
    are you dynamite dennis? if so i envy you brutha

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    I hate youtube reviews of fragrances. Yuck. If we had a smelltube or something, that'd be great.
    Click n' sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    I don't really bother with Youtube reviews; most of them take too long getting to the point, and I typically prefer the written word.

The lone exception is my man

+1!

He's amazing."Another one I like is Joop!" Stop! Great review!

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Ash = Gil Bellows:

And just so people don't think I'm trolling this thread, my favorite reviewers thus far are

1. Marc
    2. tswetcoff
    3. kirill19902
    "Time to take another instant bath" - dad

Julio started all for me, but haven't seen him lately.
    Marc is very good and genuine, he's always happy
    Ash is crazy I enjoy his videos.
    Mashu is good two!
    and I check Teresa and Jwriter every now and then.
    Katie is sexy but I can't seem to learn about the fragrance from her.

I am very actively involved in the youtube fragrance community. I love it over there. There are dozens of very knowledgeable and amazing people over there. Many not on that list. More people should definitely come check it out.