Code of Conduct

Default Montale Confidential Collection

Has anyone here ever tried Montale's Confidential Collection exclusive to its Paris boutique?

They include:
    Highness Rose-
    Highness Musk-
    Highness Jasmine-
    Indian Safran-
    Pure Amber-
    Santal de Mysore-
    Prices are 500 Euros the 100 ml and 300 Euros the 50 ml

Default Re: Montale Confidential Collection

I haven't tried any of those, but there are also a few new fragrances that are Paris-only at this time and may be exported later on. One of them is called Louban, an incense fragrance, I think. My decant should arrive today and I'll report back. I'd love to know what the super-pricey Santal de Mysore smells like... I wonder if they bought real Mysore sandalwood from a supplier that has old stock, which I've heard some firms still have (and are selling it for retarded sums).

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Has anyone here ever tried Montale's Confidential Collection exclusive to its Paris boutique?

They include:
    Highness Rose-
    Highness Musk-
    Highness Jasmine-
    Indian Safran-
    Pure Amber-
    Santal de Mysore-
    Prices are 500 Euros the 100 ml and 300 Euros the 50 ml
    They also are available in 10ml roll-on for 90 Euros. I own a 10ml roll-on of Highness Rose. It's pure rose absolute and I use straight sometimes but mainly for layering for an added oomph to other rose frags. Just a dab is all it takes. I've always wanted to try Santal de Mysore.

thebeck - do you know if all the fragrances in this line are pure absolutes?

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    thebeck - do you know if all the fragrances in this line are pure absolutes?
    I'm not 100% postive, but to the best of my knowledge I believe High Rose is the only absolute. The others are mixtures. You can e-mail Montale and get the correct answer - montaleparfums@hotmail.com

According to Montale these are pure oil blends with the absolutes, at least jasmine, rose, saffron and santal. Highness Rose is indeed very good, a friend recommended me to layer it with MKK, a real hit.

I would love to get some Santal de Mysore...

Wish we could seek permission from 'the Mods' & do a split for 100ml Santal de Mysore....

On a side note I can't believe it took till January of this year for someone to register the username "scent"!

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    On a side note I can't believe it took till January of this year for someone to register the username "scent"!
    i know! i was even more surprised!

I've already tried it in Montale shop in Paris a week ago. First impression, they are really expensive. Montale Confidental Collection bottles is small, beautiful, deluxe. They are all pure perfume. With just one single spray, the scent will haunt you the whole day long. All the scents are not strong. They are soft, mild, smooth, and very natural. I think Rose and Musc are the best in the collection. But actually, I don't find it very interest to buy any in the collection. All the scents are too feminin for me. Besides, they are too expensive. To me, keep enjoying Black oud, white oud, velvet oud, red oud is the brilliant decission.

Hi All , Highness Rose is exclusive however, you can buy it in KSA at an exclusive boutique. I sampled it last week and it is very good. The price tag is half of what you have quoted for the 100ml in the previous thread.

Hi All those of you who know me from Basenotes please can you email me on my basenote acct rather than my Ebay account as I am receiving numerous requests for the Montale confidential collections asking for discounts and requests as they are fellow basenoters . I don't know who you are, it's becoming very confusing.The chances are that the supplier will have to order from Paris and will probbably need a minimum order of more than one. As usually suppliers take a minimum order of 6 and that's for the "regular" Montales. At the moment all I know for certain is that Higness Rose is available 3 of . I have no idea if Montale Santal de Mysore in available KSA. Thank you

)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

I was in the Paris Montale store on Monday, the window featured the Confidential offerings. I was too nose fatigued to try them. I did buy one from the new parfum extrait Gold Collection, Aoud Leather. It's amazing. The SAs in the shop are the nicest I've encountered anywhere in Paris. Young, informed and no attitude extreme.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th March 2009 at 04:41 PM.

Some confidential collection fragrances were accidentally sent to a well-known online retailer, which were on sale for 'normal' Montale prices! Unfortunately they're all gone now - I missed getting a bottle by a few minutes. Oh wel.

hi all just found out that I need a minimum order of 12 for the Montale confidential collection Montale Santal de Mysore waiting to hear confirmation on the pricing, fingers crossed ! it only takes a week to arrive in KSA direct from Paris so im told...... still waiting for phone to ring........ still waiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Some confidential collection fragrances were accidentally sent to a well-known online retailer, which were on sale for 'normal' Montale prices! Unfortunately they're all gone now - I missed getting a bottle by a few minutes. Oh wel.
    yeah, dred got one - i didn't even realize what i was looking at or i would have purchased one. oh well

phone didnt ring :-( so have chased things up will have an answer by Sat hope it's good news, will keep you all posted, my even pay a visit to the boutique as its the weekend tomorrow , providing ofcourse there aren't anymore sandstorms!

hello Oud queen,

i know that here in europe the 4 new motales go for about €140 at stores.
    How mutch do they cost in KSA ??

Quote Originally Posted by Aoud Queen View Post
    phone didnt ring :-( so have chased things up will have an answer by Sat hope it's good news, will keep you all posted, my even pay a visit to the boutique as its the weekend tomorrow , providing ofcourse there aren't anymore sandstorms!

i saw that in the paper today....what a sandstorm in riyadh!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

If you check the items for sale section members are doing a split of Montales Mysore de Santal if your interested.
    Last edited by Game; 11th March 2009 at 08:23 PM.

hi Game. yes Gupts has contacted me about it as he read that I can get it out here currently looks like I need to order two bottles for the Basenoters who have put their names down for the split.

hi Moreda, In KSA only 100mls are only available, prices depend on where you buy them from and which Montale you buy each one is differently priced . I also am in a privilaged position in that I am able to get all perfumes and ouds and cosmetics from exclusive and selected boutiques at a VIP rate, hence im a Powerseller. 140.00 EUR = 129.424 GBP
    Euro United Kingdom Pounds so is that for 4 x100ml Montales? Making 1=33 GBP approximately?
    Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    hello Oud queen,

i know that here in europe the 4 new motales go for about €140 at stores.
    How mutch do they cost in KSA ??

If that is the case the yes I have procured 100ml Montales at less than 33 gbps per bottle which would be cheaper than Europe and I would not have the obligation to buy 4 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoud Queen View Post
    hi Moreda, In KSA only 100mls are only available, prices depend on where you buy them from and which Montale you buy each one is differently priced . I also am in a privilaged position in that I am able to get all perfumes and ouds and cosmetics from exclusive and selected boutiques at a VIP rate, hence im a Powerseller. 140.00 EUR = 129.424 GBP
    Euro United Kingdom Pounds so is that for 4 x100ml Montales? Making 1=33 GBP approximately?

Basenotes Institution

Wearing Highness Rose today from a sample.

Very strong, a very waxy rose that from afar smells vivid, realistic and garden-fresh and from close up smells juicy, acidic and very green. I imagine I will smell like roses all day long as this stuff is just not letting up. Amazing sillage/longevity.

Has anyone tried Pure Amber? If so, how does it differ from Blue Amber?

I want to know more about the musk and amber.

Can please someone who has tried review it to me?

Thanks!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wearing Highness Rose today from a sample.

Very strong, a very waxy rose that from afar smells vivid, realistic and garden-fresh and from close up smells juicy, acidic and very green. I imagine I will smell like roses all day long as this stuff is just not letting up. Amazing sillage/longevity.
    You're right Mike. This is what I thought too. I loved it . I still love it and if it were somewhat more affordable and available in the US , I would buy it.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    You're right Mike. This is what I thought too. I loved it . I still love it and if it were somewhat more affordable and available in the US , I would buy it.
    Has you tried Amber, Musk and Jasmine Mimi?

Last time I checked it was available from The PerfumeShoppe in Scottsdale Arizona for $190 for 100ml. This is a very good price.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Last time I checked it was available from The PerfumeShoppe in Scottsdale Arizona for $190 for 100ml. This is a very good price.
    Very Good indeed. This is the price of a regular.

By mail they told me 500 euros for 100ml and 300 euros for 50ml, wich is VERY high.

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/High...ntale10-01.htm

Hey, 190usd for 100ml of pure parfum, is this a bug?

Montale Paris sell it directly for 500 euros, wich means 740usd.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/High...ntale10-01.htm

Hey, 190usd for 100ml of pure parfum, is this a bug?

Montale Paris sell it directly for 500 euros, wich means 740usd.
    Nope, it's been available at that price for several months.

Has anyone bought Highness Rose from perfume shoppe? No problems, real deal, as is?