Code of Conduct

Default I finally did it...I purchased a bottle of Chanel Egoiste from the Chanel Website...Blind Buy

I have been waiting to do this for a while...I made the purchase from the Chanel website...blind buy Chanel Egoiste...hopefully I will like it...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I finally did it...I purchased a bottle of Chanel Egoiste from the Chanel Website...Blind Buy

Wow, that's a lot of money to throw at a blind buy, though I can't say I haven't done the same thing... I hope you do like it.

If you like sandalwood and like really strong scents, you'll probably like Egoiste. I love it, but it took me about 15 years to finally appreciate it. If you had asked me before pulling the trigger, I would have said don't do a blind buy with Egoiste. Let us know what you think of it.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Default Re: I finally did it...I purchased a bottle of Chanel Egoiste from the Chanel Website...Blind Buy

Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! It'll be in your top list for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I have been waiting to do this for a while...I made the purchase from the Chanel website...blind buy Chanel Egoiste...hopefully I will like it...
    I am sure you will. Good for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny! I just purchased Egoiste last night on a whim. I've been sampling it at the Chanel counter for the past two weeks, so last night I took the plunge. If you're a fan of oriental/woody fragrances, then it's difficult not to like. It's complex, slightly boozy, warm and regal smelling. After looking at your wardrobe, I'm sure you're going to love it, it's the best masculine Chanel in the commercial line IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Funny! I just purchased Egoiste last night on a whim. I've been sampling it at the Chanel counter for the past two weeks, so last night I took the plunge. If you're a fan of oriental/woody fragrances, then it's difficult not to like. It's complex, slightly boozy, warm and regal smelling.
    Thanks for the heads up...I do like oriental/woody fragrance....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Post Thanks / Like

Egoiste is so popular right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Shamu I hope you like it - please let us know!

Post Thanks / Like

It's good stuff - classy.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of the best purchases you can make. Enjoy!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Platinum Egoiste > Egoiste IMO.

Is there a relationship between egoiste and Tiffany for men? Are they different enough to own both?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I'm sure you're going to love it, it's the best masculine Chanel in the commercial line IMO.
    Simply this.

I also don't understand why such an appealing fragrance isn't more available in the US.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a tortured relationship with Egoiste for as long as I can remember. I can recognize the quality in Egoiste; the class, the stateliness, the construction - all excellent. However there's something in the topnotes that is completely off-putting. Not sure if it's that tangerine/fruity note mixed with the aldehydes (my primary suspect), but whatever it is I can't wear it. I have a 100ml bottle that I've owned for about 6-7 years and I've gone through 1/3 of it in single sprays, sampling it on my arm, trying and waiting for the day when I finally 'get' it. I have learned that it smells better as a light application instead of a denser application as it seems to sour on me when over-applied. Who knows? Maybe it just doesn't mesh with my skin but it's not for any lack of trying....

Great buy you wont regret it!

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Is there a relationship between egoiste and Tiffany for men? Are they different enough to own both?
    They are quite different to own both.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Better than 95% of all scent, including niche!

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Definitely hope you enjoy it!