Code of Conduct

Default On Royal Weddings and perfumes: "Betrothal" and "Wedding Bouquet"

Floris is releasing a limited edition called Wedding Bouquet, no doubt inspired by the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Grossmith is releasing Betrothal, a scent originally produced to celebrate the nuptials of Princess Mary of Teck and the Duke of Clarence, later King George V. At the time, the Duke of Clarence was second in line to the throne. Lucky Scent will carry this in the U.S. (Pre-order Betrothal)

Wedding Bouquet by Floris

Betrothal by Grossmith
    Last edited by Primrose; 28th April 2011 at 06:56 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: On Royal Weddings and perfumes: "Betrothal" and "Wedding Bouquet"

Benji from Roja Dover snuck me a small tester spritz of Betrothal. Benji actually told me it was created for Kate but was snubbed by her because it smelt too "mature" and ordinary. And I'm sorry to say it smells just like that. A slightly aldehydic powdery floral of no distinct trait or character. Just...so...blah...Bear in mind, I love Phul-Nana and really like Hasu and Shem. So I was extremely surprised by this extremely bland composition.

Scent, thanks for the info!

It was rumoured that Princess Diana's favourite scent in the 1990s was Hermes 24, Faubourg.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

It was rumoured that Princess Diana's favourite scent in the 1990s was Hermes 24, Faubourg.
    Nice choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

Wow! I can totally see the connection! RIP Diana!