Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York

Does "Success Is A Job In New York" lean towards the masculine or feminine side? Is it truly a unisex fragrance, and a safe bet that most guys can pull this off?

For example, my favorite fragrance is Creed's Virgin Island Water; however, I've sampled Bond No. 9 "West Side" and Tom Ford's "Black Orchid", and BOTH were way too feminine for me (even though they claimed to be unisex.)

Also, is "Scentedmonkey" a legitimate place to buy online?

Thanks!

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Success Is A Job In New York

I would say it leans more towards feminine. It smells like Double Bubble Bubblegum and Spicy Vanilla. I wear it on a occasions as a daring scent. Smells really good though. Definitely sample. Or I can swap my bottle with you.

I own both West Side and Success is a job and from both I would agree Success is more feminine. It has this bublegum, incensy note, a little floral too. But I donīt have issues wearing it. My fiance loved it and she didnīt asked about itīs gender. Neither other people. Only got compliments.

I own west side, Success is a job and New Haarlem and must admit the quality is awesome. And they lasts for ages. But none of them projects the way I expected. I donīt know if Iīm too economic on the trigger or what (7-8 sprays)

Maybe cause is still hot here in Brasil. Iīll test them again when cold arrives. Some fragrances do project better on cold weather...

Success Is A Job In New York is as feminine as it can get and old smelling too. If you think West Side is feminine then Success Is A Job In New York is the grandma of feminine lol. I bought a 10ml decant of it but cannot get myself to wear any of it and I'm one of the guys who wear fragrances targeted to woman along with the ones for men.

Success Is A Job In New York is more in line of the old school female Givenchy and Chanel fragrances

I think maybe they want to say that a criteria of being success in NY is being old lol
    Last edited by jasonx; 29th April 2011 at 01:36 AM.

Donīt get this oldschool vibe from it. Far from this. And I kinda hate old school vibes, like Lagerfeld Classic or barbershops, like Rive Gauche and Azzaro... But agree with it being on feminine side. I myself donīt have issues wearing it. If you wear Black Orchid or Fleur du Male, this wonīt hurt your masculinity too!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Donīt get this oldschool vibe from it. Far from this. And I kinda hate old school vibes, like Lagerfeld Classic or barbershops, like Rive Gauche and Azzaro... But agree with it being on feminine side. I myself donīt have issues wearing it. If you wear Black Orchid or Fleur du Male, this wonīt hurt your masculinity too!
    I mean the female old school fragrances, not the male barbershop vibe

I have West Side and feel that it is unisex for sure.....I have sampled Success and I find this to lean torward the feminine side!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    I mean the female old school fragrances, not the male barbershop vibe
    Right lol. But when I tried Lagerfeld I remembered my Indian old Aunt lol!

i pick up some saffron and citrus in here, the rest is a confusing mix of i dont know what
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous

Sur la Plage

Neither masculine or feminine - I just think it doesn't smell that good.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Not a fan of this scent at all.

Very feminine

Feminine, and it the smell is just nice.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Sampled this yesterday and this is absolutely feminine as are most unisex Bonds. Even the Creed knockoffs are much more feminine, but I can see why as she's a woman who used to work for Creed.

I have respectfully disagree. I have owned both West Side and Success, and think that West Side is much more dominated by the tuberose, very floral throughout. I wore it in the fall of 2007, and enjoyed it, but when I recently got a pocket spray I didn't want to wear it because it was just way too flowery. I have very much enjoyed wearing the Success during the winter months. It is warmer and much less ROSE smelling. I often use 1 spray at bedtime because I find the notes to be very calming and relaxing...probably the jasmine and vanilla.

On my skin this is masculine all the way. After 9 hours it reminds me more of CK Obsession for Men than anything else. I over did it though with my little sample spray...3 squirts would have been adequate...I used 5!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Neither masculine or feminine - I just think it doesn't smell that good.
    This is my thought as well. Could work on a man or a woman; I wouldn't say it smells bad, just very simple and nondescript.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

What amazed me was when I woke up the next day and I smelled patchouli.

Boring.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Retro and a tad perfumey, but also a bit edgy. I like it a lot.