Code of Conduct

Default Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP

amnarsr34ps.jpg

What's your take on this?

First of all I'm confused as when I was about to post the pic of the one i smelled in the store which is the fragrance above there were some titles that called it Narciso Rodriguez Musc EDP... That's a different fragrance right?

Default Re: Narciso Rodriguez for Him EDP

Own it and love it but haven't had the chance to wear it as much as I would like to.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basically For Him EDP Intense is the replacement for Musc for him EDP, which I believe is being phased out.
    It's basically the exact same fragrance, I own Musc for him EDP and recently sampled For Him EDP Intense and to be
    honest there are no real discernible differences. With the exception of the following:

Taken from a Fragrantica review:

Normally, I don't like to compare scents, but formulations of a scent and very close flankers, I believe, are apropos. So, the one different note in this 3-note composition, as compared to the For Him Musc Collection EdP, is the use of Pink Pepper here versus Red Berries in that scent. A more focused, spicy note that opens versus a soft, fruity note - which both segue into the powdery iris in the heart and the magnificent Egyptian Musk as the base of both compositions.

I read quite a few reviews and opinions on both the EDP and the Musc edp prior to making my decision. I went with the EDP because most reviews said other than the opening (pepper vs berries) they were basically the same fragrance but that the EDP had slightly better longevity. I have worn it once so far and the only note that really stood out for me was pepper and I couldn't detect much else. I still have high hopes that I will come around to it but right now I wish I had bought the Musc version because I would rather smell berries.

They are both very smooooooooooth and well blended.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I read quite a few reviews and opinions on both the EDP and the Musc edp prior to making my decision. I went with the EDP because most reviews said other than the opening (pepper vs berries) they were basically the same fragrance but that the EDP had slightly better longevity. I have worn it once so far and the only note that really stood out for me was pepper and I couldn't detect much else. I still have high hopes that I will come around to it but right now I wish I had bought the Musc version because I would rather smell berries.
    There's nothing in it between them IMO. Pink berries and Pink Pepper essential are very similar in smell if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    There's nothing in it between them IMO. Pink berries and Pink Pepper essential are very similar in smell if I recall correctly.
    Sprayed a shot on my forearm after my post and I already like it better than I did on my first wearing (still peppery), though it seems quite soft. Is that your impression or am I imagining things? I don't want to apply too heavily thinking it's a skin scent only to find out that I'm fogging up the room.

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    I own the Musc Edition, and it lasts 16+ hours on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I own the Musc Edition, and it lasts 16+ hours on my skin.
    Exactly, I get enormous longevity with the original musc for him.

Yeah, pepper comes from fruits, drupes or berries, which are pretty similar. There's a couple of different plants the produce 'pink pepper' for spices.

Basically For Him EDP Intense is the replacement for Musc for him EDP, which I believe is being phased out.
    It's basically the exact same fragrance, I own Musc for him EDP and recently sampled For Him EDP Intense and to be
    honest there are no real discernible differences. With the exception of the following:

Taken from a Fragrantica review:
    it didn't say intense on the bottle. i thought intense was the bronze bottle made by kurkidjian?

follow up question... do you like it better than the original narciso rodriguez for him edt?

i just can't believe it's the same fragrance as the musk. i saw all 3 a couple of years ago but i only sniffed and bought the edt.