Code of Conduct

Default Hanae Mori HM- my review

My review of Hanae Mori HM is posted at the link below:

http://bit.ly/5AwU7e

As one who enjoys A*Men and other gourmands I usually find them to be too intense for everyday wear. I think Hanae Mori HM works for me when I'm looking for a chocolate note I can take to work with me.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Hanae Mori HM- my review

Thanks for the link SMM. Always enjoy reading your reviews and this one is no exception. Keep them coming .
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 23rd November 2009 at 12:38 PM.

SMM, what are your thoughts on Rochas Man?

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Hanae Mori HM- my review

Personally I am not thrilled with HM rather I find Lolita Lempika (not the homme version) much nicer and more the choice for a gourmand. I found HM too heavy, too undifferentiated and the opening put me off. I was very disappointed as I had high hopes based on the notes.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 23rd November 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Is this a new version or the one that has been around for years? I am confused by the review...

I did not know there was a new version of HM??

Which version did you review - the EDT or the EDP? They're quite different ... different enough I'd say there'd be room enough for both in a wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I did not know there was a new version of HM??
    That is what I mean....kind of strange (IMHO) to review something that has been out for several years...

Thanks for your thoughts on HM. I always look forward to reading your reviews.

when I first came around here I bought HM and guerlain l'instant men. I found these two sort of similar (moreso than with A*Men ) and I couldn't decide which one I prefered so I got 50ml of both. I've since sold both of them off as I wasn't wearing them. I did keep a sample of each should I feel the need to wear them.

HM is very well done. The EdT is just weaker than the EdP. However, it is highly blended and will not satisfy those who want notes to be articulated clearly. It's also not clearly gourmand. I have never thought to myself, "gee, that seems almost edible," while wearing HM. I can see how some might say that they get bored with it, but if you like getting a nice waft now and then, this may be for you. If you want fumes in your nose all day, I could certainly see you getting bored by it (but that would likely be trust for most frags then).

Quote Originally Posted by drchipinski View Post
    That is what I mean....kind of strange (IMHO) to review something that has been out for several years...
    Anything and everything is fair game for a Basenotes reviewer! Especially (but not necessarily) if it's still in production.

The fragrance directory shows 104 reviews for Mitsouko, which was introduced in 1919.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 23rd November 2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I enjoyed the review and strongly agree with it.

HM is quite a bit better done than A*Men, at least on me.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

I like HM soooo much more than Amen

get a http://www.biuroservis.pl/image_func...g&maxwidth=220
    will be cheaper and add 30min-1h of lemon at begining

i really enjoyed it untill i have found lipton now i cant stand the lipton's dry down
    make a tea and take deep breath
    any1 got simillar opinion?
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Hanae Mori HM was one of the first fragrances I ever bought that I thought was very adult and sophisticated. I don't really think of the chocolate in it at all-- and if I do, I only get a hint of a very bitter dark chocolate. For me, I get somewhat of an unusually pleasant cough syrup accord that slides across my palate like an after dinner drink. HM just makes me think of the smell of a very rich person's home after a big expensive party has ended and things are winding down quietly after dessert. Maybe the florals in it echo a touch of the perfume that some beautiful ladies have left in the air.

I know people sometimes say this is a feminine fragrance, but I really disagree. Well, one time a former coworker whom I didn't get along with taunted me saying I smelled "pretty" when I wore HM to work, but I didn't let his comment go without a reply of equal acrimony. Aside from that, I've always felt HM is a top tier fragrance for a night out and it will always be one of my all time favorites.

I cant stand the menthol in the opening - every time I give it another try it completely puts me off. Such a shame really
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

I have the EDP, and I have to say - this is VERY strong stuff. As it dries down, it intensifies. It also has a tendency to "bloom" at odd times during the day and surround you in a cloud of very nice smelling vapors.

A small amount sprayed under clothes is a discrete business fragrance - strong enough you know it is there but not leaving a contrail of sillage behind you...

Teddius

I'm bumping this old thread because I didn't want to start a new new one. I'm interested in the EDP, but I'm already in the process of buying L'instant (regular version). The two seem similar on paper with citrus tops and sweet drydowns. How similar do you guys find them? Thanks.

Don't find them similar at all.

Didn't really enjoy it. It's not bad but I never reached for it. Didn't really like the sweet lemon in it, even though I'm usually quite fond of citrus. An odd scent.

I really don't see any similarity between HM and the Guerlain. And I'm curious about your initial impressions...

Quote Originally Posted by blackmilk View Post
    I'm bumping this old thread because I didn't want to start a new new one. I'm interested in the EDP, but I'm already in the process of buying L'instant (regular version). The two seem similar on paper with citrus tops and sweet drydowns. How similar do you guys find them? Thanks.
    I find them totally dissimilar.

Haha when I said "they seem similar on paper," I didn't mean on a test strip. I meant that I thought they might be similar based on their note breakdown. Just because both have citrus at the top and chocolate/ cacao in the drydown. I've never tried HM, I can't find store that sells it. Sorry for the poor word choice on my part...

I really like HM for a few reasons. Sweet lemon scent that lasts. I don't really get much chocolate even though it's there in the basenotes. It's very affordable. I also don't have anything like it so it fills the gap for me. Just bought a 3.4 oz bottle yesterday. The EDP last longer, but the EDT for me is more pronounced and lasts long enough.

Nice review
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

A bit sharp to me which is a turnoff.

I find that it smells similar to Xeryus Rouge (XR is without the chocolate), and I prefer XR.

i have the hm edp and had guerlain lnstant extreme until i sold it, hm has a way smoother vanilla/chocolate and guerlains cocoa is very bitter/tart to me anyway. id say there not similar at all cause i heard the edt and edp guerlain smell the same