Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Question Interested in trying Bandit by Robert Piguet

My question is: Which concentration (or formulation) is the most "masculine" or features the most leather and oakmoss?

I've read a few threads and reviews that talk about the current EdP being very floral. I've also seen people say the Parfum is the best concentration.

So, can anyone answer this?

Thanks!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Interested in trying Bandit by Robert Piguet

The EdP has a strongly floral opening, but I'm not sure whether it's that heavy on the orange blossom or it's just that I notice the neroli + petitgrain more. The smell of Polk County in early spring just doesn't come across as blatantly feminine to me as it does to many others, but I still wouldn't recommend giving it less than a half-hour to settle down before walking into the office. Not much about the fragrance can easily be classified as "subtle".

Blog Entries

Helpful info, thanks Hob Dobson!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

Banned

No version of Bandit is feminine and which formula/vintage you want comes down to what specific aspects of the composition you like the most. Older versions have a stronger leather bite while modern versions have more of the chypre/faux chypre aspects on display. However even if I were to say "get the vintage perfume" this wouldn't be helpful because it's not necessarily so easy to source vintage Bandit on demand, it being a venerated classic.

I find the EDP to be just fine. Nothing really "feminine" about it.

Sur la Plage

I like the EDT.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The EDT IMO

EdT

The gold-capped Alpin made EDT is very enjoyable, in my book. It's a pretty cheap formula compared to the other/older versions but it's ...unique. I think "Bandit as made by Terminator-cyborg Germaine Cellier" was one description I'd hit on. Very high concentrations of IBQ, striking potency, little in the way of florals, a dab of green. The vintage EDT is a whole other beast and my favorite frag.

Some EDP's are more equal than others; there's one that's a green ashtray monster (I think its the earlier version), the more tamed EDP with oakmoss and then the most recent oakmoss-less one which I find to be worse than useless.

Basenotes Institution

EdT
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

This is marketed to women, but it's a wonderful leather scent that can be worn by both men and women. Try both the EDT and the EDP.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I've never tried Bandit. I remarked that some reviewers reviewed Bandit in making a reference to Knize10! I own and love Knize10 very much, and I'm curious to know if Bandit shares some similarities with Knize 10.

Re Knize Ten versus Bandit, they are both butch leathers. But the similarity ends there. While Knize Ten is sophisticated with ambers and fruit on top of its gasoline accord, Bandit is uncompromisingly strong, with a sharp green opening and big, persistent quinoline leather throughout. If you really have to think about a comparison, the effect is more Grey Flannel with leather than Knize Ten. I love it.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Re Knize Ten versus Bandit, they are both butch leathers. But the similarity ends there. While Knize Ten is sophisticated with ambers and fruit on top of its gasoline accord, Bandit is uncompromisingly strong, with a sharp green opening and big, persistent quinoline leather throughout. If you really have to think about a comparison, the effect is more Grey Flannel with leather than Knize Ten. I love it.

cacio
    Sounds intriguing, though I am surprised this is supposedly marketed towards women. "Grey flannel with leather" doesn't sound too feminine to me, but then I applaud bucking the status quo when it comes to sticking a gender label on a scent.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post

cacio
    Wow, Gray Flannel with leather! This sounds very tempting. Thanks for your input.

Bandit in a short test struck me as similar to Black Orchid, but more macho. Kinda floral, but a bit leathery and, well, butch.

Cacio is spot on except that I get it more like Futur with the leather! Possibly one of the most severe leathers around. Love the EDP.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Blog Entries

I ended up trying the EdP, I get leather for the first few minutes and then it morphs into a really fruity chypre.

Not bad, but I dunno if I'd wear it.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

Futur with leather, exactly! which reminds me that I have to buy Futur soon...

Fruity chypre? I wonder which reformulation this is. Sounds scary. No fruit and relatively little chypre in mine.

cacio

Last edited by cacio; 20th November 2011 at 01:39 AM.

Resurrecting this thread because, by chance, I found Bandit body cream at 50% off (for a grand total of $17). Grabbed immediately, of course. It is excellent, as strong as the perfume in the opening, a little bit less later on, but still, extremely powerful and persistent for a body cream. I usually don't use body creams, but this could be the one.

cacio

Hi everyone!
    About Bandit: I bought this Piguet on january 2010. Wonderful blend for my nose that immediately became his slave.
    A few days ago I re buy it, but what a bad surprise when at home I spray, smell but dont' smile...where is the initial sparkling , almost fuchsia pink, surrealistic explosion ? What about his brave floral hearth on mossy leather? This one opens with a kind of dull, colorness, watery salad and in some way make me think to green Futur (and I dislike Futur!)
    more green, less flowers, no smile for me

unique visible difference on retro box: the first "made in usa", this second "made in france". (both edp)
    Are there in circulation more than one formula? How can these be recognizable before the spray? Often I buy on line, and anyway there is cellophane on the new box. Maybe can help a prayer?
    Last edited by leuconoe; 28th February 2012 at 10:57 AM.