Code of Conduct

Default Help finding a nice fresh citrus sporty aquatic - or so I think...

Hello,
    this is my first post here. All around it all looks like a very nice place :-) I am writing to ask you for some help in deciding on a bunch of scents from which I could pick up my favourite.

I am 32 years old, I don't wear a suit, I mostly wear sweatshirts and jeans and do moderate amount of sports. I am looking for an everyday scent which would most likely become my only scent (I find an idea of having a whole bunch of scents a bit weird. It's like having a bunch of watches. I can see the point, but still... not for my lifestyle.) Anyway, I've been using Acqua di Gio for the last few years (and Boss Elements Aqua before that) and I like them both. Since the bottle is empty, I've been looking for a little change. However, I am not going to go into Douglas and pick a new bottle on a whim, because I just want one scent which I will stick with for a while.

Having read these forums, I narrowed my list to a few among which I'd like to find the pick. I would like to ask you to suggest the winners among them or maybe suggest a few scents I may like as well. In general, I think I am looking for a fresh light fruity/citrus aquatic, not very sweet (can be dry, but must not be very sweet); it would be nice if it wasn't terribly popular or otherwise considered 'for an everyman', but since I am quite an average everyman, it may just be OK to go with the mainstream.

Here is the list. The ones I smelled on the paper in the shop and have an opinion are marked accordingly.

Acqua di Gio [current favourite scent]
    Boss Elements Aqua [previous favourite]
    1881 Cerruti [not yet tried]
    Joop! Jump [not yet tried]
    Boss Bottled [very nice; I'd say the current best despite its sweetness]
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche [not yet tried]
    Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme [very weak somehow; I'll have to try again]
    Issey Miyake L'Eau Bleue d'Issey [selected mostly because you say it's amazing and very refined; haven't tried it yet]

So, which ones should I concentrate on? Or maybe some outside this list? I'd be very grateful for your suggestions.

cheers
    yot

PS The Basenotes forum is amazing. I just hope there would be an option of displaying 'related' or 'similar' scents to the one one picks from the directory. Something like 'you may also like' there is for the posts, but for scents. It's seems like a no-brainer, especially for beginners like me. I wouldn't have to write this post then ;-)

Default Re: Help finding a nice fresh citrus sporty aquatic - or so I think...

Welcome! Add Live Jazz to your list. If money isn't a problem, try Millesime Imperial as well.

Thanks! Live Jazz added, looks like it fits very nicely. As for Creed, I know it's hard to read anything bad about it, but I really don't like the logo. I know, WTF, but it matters to me... I will try it though, maybe it'll turn out to be a killer.

cheers
    yot

Quote Originally Posted by yot View Post
    Thanks! Live Jazz added, looks like it fits very nicely. As for Creed, I know it's hard to read anything bad about it, but I really don't like the logo. I know, WTF, but it matters to me... I will try it though, maybe it'll turn out to be a killer.

cheers
    yot
    Haha, well, to each their own. Give Unforgivable a shot then. It has a similar vibe (it was created in MI's likeness). Let me be frank, it is not near the quality or the fragrance, it is merely a designer version of it. On the bright side, at least you wont have that pesky Creed logo.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche