Code of Conduct

Thread: Tokyo Milk?

Default Tokyo Milk?

It's my sister's birthday this next weekend and she had asked me for one of two TOkyo Milk fragrances, Le Petit, or Let Them Eat Cake. I'll probably end up getting her one of the bottles just because that's what she asked for but I'm curious what people think about these. There was no reviews up so if you've smelled em, tell me what you thought!

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Tokyo Milk?

I've sniffed all of them at one point or another. (Although I still need to sample the newest in the line) I own Honey and the Moon and Contemplation. I also have a solid perfume: Marine Sell.

I like this line because the scents are unique and cheap. Occasionally, I get a strong synthetic note in some of the fragrances that just make me ill. Contemplation is actually one of them. I liked it at first, but then after a few minutes....blech.

I don't remember La Petit. But Let Them Eat Cake is a fun, sweet, vanilla pastry scent. For the money, if you find one you like they are worth buying, imo. They also have soaps, bath gels, lotions, lip balm, etc. It's a fun line, with clever packaging.

In my fragrance wardrobe, I have my "serious" "I-really-love-these" "classic" perfumes (Guerlain, Chanel, MDCI, Amouage...) But I like to fill in with frivolous, fun, and unique scents that are cheap and still well done. I find Tokyo Milk is a good option for that.

I've smelled Le Petit (I remember that it was a very pretty, light, floral), but have never tested Let Them Eat Cake.

I have Eden and I absolutely love it. It's notes are greens, cassis, iris, and musk. It's very different from anything else out there, and has great longevity.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Sur la Plage

I love Dead Sexy #6 - it's the best of the line IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I smelled a number of them last year in a shop in Mystic, CT.

Overall they were nice, but I didn't find one that I really liked enough to buy and wear. But the price is certainly right.

I've smelled them a while ago, but bought #16 which is a great fresh fig scent. You can't go wrong. Surprisingly great quality for the price. They're all good.

Blog Entries

l received samples of three of these in an order from lndiescents a few days ago, & have now had a chance to try them all;

Let Them Eat Cake is, as you'd expect, very sweet with notes of coconut macaroon, vanilla frosting & warm, floral musk. l love the sweet stuff, but this nearly gave me toothache, & only lasted 2-3 hours on me.

Sugar Sugar is still sweet but less so; it's fresher somehow, & has a deliciously creamy sandalwood note in the drydown. This lasted 3-4 hours on me, but l can see this being quite addictive.

French Kiss is dominated by citrus & vetiver on me; l get little of the tuberose & no gardenia. lt's not my cup of tea, but this would make a good masculine; it's definitely unisex. l'm testing this one right now, & 90 minutes in it's beginning to fade.

Overall l think this line is different & fun, & l agree with chaplain that a little fun & frivolity in one's wardrobe is no bad thing! These may not last long, but at the price one can easily indulge in guilt-free, frequent spraying.

l would be interested to hear more opinions on this line, has anyone else tried them?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have Waltz (#14) and Eden (#3) and like them both. Good quality, appealing compositions but with poor longevity on my skin. This makes them not such a great value, since I can drain a little 1oz bottle in no time!

sherapop

sherapop, welcome to Basenotes. I love reading your reviews on the F-site and share your passion for Blue di La Perla that my Blind Sniffers could not understand because of the violet leaf. I am so glad that you are finally posting after having joined so long ago. Please, please stay?

We used to have SomervilleMetroMan posting here too, but he is totally involved in editing another site now.

This is a fun line with some nice scents. I have the Poe's Tobacco (an apple tobacco) and the Ex Libris, a spicy fig scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    sherapop, welcome to Basenotes. I love reading your reviews on the F-site and share your passion for Blue di La Perla that my Blind Sniffers could not understand because of the violet leaf. I am so glad that you are finally posting after having joined so long ago. Please, please stay?

We used to have SomervilleMetroMan posting here too, but he is totally involved in editing another site now.
    Dear Twolf,

Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. Unfortunately, I am currently unable to access the reviews or post SOTD or access perfume profiles! Don't know what to do!

best,
    sherapop

Thanks for all the input, I ended up buying Le Petit for her and she liked it a lot, I thought it seemed very quality for the price and she seemed to agree

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I love Dead Sexy #6 - it's the best of the line IMO.
    masculine at all? I love the branding of the line and bought Poe's Tobacco blind. It smells good just not what I expected or wanted and definitely feels more feminine to me.

The Dark Series look interesting.

I hope to try these.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.