Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, May 7, 2011 *** FRUITY

For newcomers, here's the lowdown on this monthly online event:
    Every member, any gender, novice or veteran sniffer, is invited to apply a fragrance related to the theme of the month (listed below) and share your thoughts on the first Saturday of the month. This isn't a mandatory assignment; it's just for fun. Because not everyone logs in on weekends, you're encouraged to continue to add comments within this themed thread on subsequent days. If you don't join us for this month's discussion, please look ahead at the tentative lineup and join in at a later date.
    JANUARY ~ Oriental
    (warmth, flowers, spices, woods & vanilla)
    FEBRUARY ~ Animalic
    (civet-, castoreum-, leather-, or musk-influenced scents)

MARCH ~ Chypre
    (used to be defined by oakmoss presence, but ...?)
    APRIL ~ Floral
    (single solifore or full bouquet of flowers)
    MAY~ Fruity
    (single sweet fruits or a bowl of fruity-florals)
    JUNE ~ Citrus
    (hesperidic: bergamot, lemon, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, etc.)
    JULY ~ Green
    (fresh leaves & grasses)
    AUGUST ~ Fresh or aquatic
    (cool, dewy notes and seaside scents)
    SEPTEMBER ~ Opposite-Gender Fragrance
    OCTOBER ~ Ambery
    (dark, light or blond amber as feature note)
    NOVEMBER ~ Spicy
    (warm notes associated with cooking)
    DECEMBER ~ Gourmand
    (fragrances with a foody note, but not usually fruity--save for May)
    Looking for suggestions?
    See previous SnS discussions:
    Oriental — Jan. 2007, Jan. 2008, Jan. 2009, Jan. 2010, Jan. 2011
    Animalic — Feb. 2007, Feb. 2008, Feb. 2009, Feb. 2010, Feb. 2011
    Chypre — March 2007, March 2008, March 2009, March 2010, March 2011
    Floral — April 2007, April 2008, April 2009, April 2010, April 2011
    Fruity — May 2007, May 2008, May 2009, May 2010
    Citrus — June 2007, June 2008, June 2009, June 2010
    Green — July 2008, July 2009, July 2010
    Fresh — Aug. 2008, Aug. 2009, Aug. 2010
    Fougere — Sept. 2007
    Opposite Gender — Sept. 2008, Sept. 2009, Sept. 2010
    Ambery — Oct. 2007, Oct. 2008, Oct. 2009, Oct. 2010
    Spicy — Nov. 2007, Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009, Nov. 2010
    Gourmand — Dec. 2007, Dec. 2008, Dec. 2009, Dec. 2010
    For the months of July and August 2007, regular BN was offline and supporters had access to an abbreviated site. We discussed aquatics and greens, but those posts are no longer accessible.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: All invited *** Sniff 'n' Speak Saturday, May 7, 2011 *** FRUITY

Apologies for not participating this month as l'll be traveling tomorrow. Fruit notes aren't generally my thing, but l would probably have gone with one of these two;

1000 Kisses Deep by B Never too Busy to be Beautiful; the osmanthus note gives it a rich orange-marmalade scent, supported by labdanum & myrrh.

Aloha Tiare by Comptoir Sud Pacifique; for it's juicy burst of lime, followed by creamy-sweet tiare, yum!

Have a juicy, fruity day, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I'm not that fruity either....
    I am looking for something with fruit....
    Maybe amongst my samples?
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Institution

I don't know- apart from Mitsouko with the peach note .... I will have to look in my collection and think .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

I'm on the road tomorrow too- going to the SF Meet-up. Will try to sniff , if not test, something fruity
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Good morning to you all My bowl of fruit will be D&G L'Imperatrice 3 which should suit well this fine sunny spring Saturday and all the gardening I need to do. This is about as much fruity sweetness as I can take, if it wasn´t for the bitter grapefruity tinge hiding somewhere it´d all be a bit overwhelming

I don't have anything fruity except the totally citrussy Chypre Green by Pecksniff, but I left that with my fiancee in America.
    And I was só in the mood for Chanel #19 that I caved in and am wearing that.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

I adore fruit notes. This morning I went with Marc Jacobs Lemon in the gigundo bottle. I love the cotton musk drydown. I've had this bottle a couple of years and I haven't even made a dent in it, so I left it out to remind myself to wear it more as the weather warms up. I'm enjoying musks and "laundry musks" lately. This is a great one to splash on liberally and it reminds me of when I lived at the beach and wore CKOne a lot. Salty breezes, a cotton tee shirt, beach plants...nostalgic scentiments for me.

Last edited by lilybelle; 7th May 2011 at 02:06 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Diptyque Philosykos for me today. Love this cool, woody fig scent.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Starting the day in just a little spray of Opium pour Homme, featuring beautiful black currant notes.

After the gym, I'm thinking of switching to Acier Aluminum, in honor of today's sniff & speak. It always reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum. It's a little on the warm side for it - but I don't care. I've worn it successfully in warm weather many times. Moderation, though. Just a small spray of it, too.

I'm going with HdP 1804, a very RICH fruity. Notes: Pineapple, peach, gardenia, jasmine, rose, LotV, cloves, sandalwood, patchouli, benzoin, vanille and musk.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

summer means fireflys

For today's SnS, I'm wearing SL Boxeuses.

Lately, I've been craving plum in my fragrances. I'm almost on the verge of obsession over plum notes. Boxeuses has a wonderful plum note ... plus it has leather! (my other almost-obsession!)

Mure et Musc Extreme today.
    Definitely fruity! It's so much better smelling than I'd have thought. Why in the world would berries and musk smell good? I don't quite understand it but I like it. I can't really smell the musk, it's not 'dirty musk' and doesn't seem to be the powdery musk that annoys me, so I suppose the musk just sort of anchors the berry smell?

Anyway, lovely and feminine, not floral at all, not juicy but definitely fruity.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

A drive-by SnS SotD check-in: Lucy B Pink Frangipani ~~~ pineappley. More late. Bye.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Jil Sanders No 4
    (information taken from Fragrantica.com)
    The Jil Sender No 4 perfume was created in 1990. Composition opens in roses along with floral notes of geranium, fresh fruity peach, plum and bergamot notes interlaced with air anise. Heart is floral due to the notes of rose, violet, jasmine, tuberose, heliotrope and ylang-ylang; aromatic due to tarragon, myrrh and nutmeg. The rich base is also made out of various components: amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, patchouli, vanilla, musk, coriander, civet, cedar and tonka bean. Schmidt Studio designed the bottle of this fragrance.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Annick Goutal Folavril for me! Mango, tomato leaves, jasmine, boronia...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I decided on Poison. the topnotes are mostly coriander on me but eventually I end up with honeyed blackberries and musk.Lovely Poison is known for it's silage, but on me it quickly settles down to mediumj silage.

I'm way late on this one, I was travelling and didn't have anything fruity with me...today I sampled Wild Berries by Keiko Mecheri and immediately fell in love!! I normally really do not like fruity at all, but this is just breathtakingly beautiful. Fresh and soft and warm and cuddly at the same time. And it lasts forever on me, which the lighter Keiko Mecheri scents usually don't do. I like this much, much better than Mure et Musc by L'Artisan. I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy this soon...