Code of Conduct

Default Midnight In Paris EDP

Hey guys, I wanted to get your opinions on this fragrances. I have a 25ml decant and i haven't realy given it many full wearing yet, but have sampled it a few times and it comes off extremely feminine to me, very powdery/floral. I do like it, but i'm just not sure if its a bit too feminine.

I love scents like DH, DHI and have no issues wearing things that are feminine, but this one has some note in it i can't pin piont thta just comes off a bit lady like. I could be wrong. I know it for sure needs to be applied lightly becuase i can totally see this being very cloying if over applied. It susre does last a hell of a long time!!

What type of feedback have you all received from the women on this one?
    Last edited by persianprince; 4th May 2011 at 01:46 AM.

Default Re: Midnight In Paris EDP

I don't find Midnight in Paris EDP feminine nor it turns powdery on my skin at all. Its floral (lily of the valley) note in the middle stage doesn't get dominant and is balanced with the tea and amber notes, which altogether gives a thickness vibe to it. I personally find Dior Homme/Homme Intense more feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I don't find Midnight in Paris EDP feminine nor it turns powdery on my skin at all. Its floral (lily of the valley) note in the middle stage doesn't get dominant and is balanced with the tea and amber notes, which altogether gives a thickness vibe to it. I personally find Dior Homme/Homme Intense more feminine.
    Yea, i can see where you're coming from, but DHI ends up turning into a gourmand on my skin, hot chocolate so not too feminine, but yes the iris note in there comes off that way for sure. What type of feedback have you received from others on this one? It defintely is an elegant fragance and is pretty high quality

I bought my bottle just over a month ago and have only worn it a couple of times. I've only gotten compliments from my gf and my mom. They both like it. I personally love it.

Fantastic scent IMO.

I own the EDT....not much of a difference with EDP. I can understand where you are coming from. However, I wouldn't really associate it as a feminine scent. Could pass for unisex though.

MiP is femme ? Not on me it isn't.

I believe it to be what bvlgari black wanted to be.

It does have stereotypically feminine notes, but I don't believe it's any more ladylike than other "feminine masculine" scents.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

If your asking yourself whether you like something or not, don't get it, later revisit it, I love MIP, but hate regret buys.

Also, try the EDT concentration, you are complaining about it being too strong. it's much lighter.

I thought it was OK on my first try, but not great. Went back for a second wear and it was way too sweet and wouldn't quit. I think I'm over this one already.

I haven't tried this again since my original post. I really do love the scetn and appreciate how complex it is for a designer frag, defintely seems like it could be niche. It is very sweet and powdery on my skin but i think its also a scent i need to watch the sprays since its so strong.

I didn't mind it, but I know scents that I like far better that have properties of this guy. When it comes to a fragrance with sweetness and rosemary...i like tonka imperiale better.
    When it comes to leather and sweetness, i like cuir beluga better.

In the same genre, I seem to prefer Ambre Gris de Balmain. I agree that other scents are much better.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

MIP is a secure, male's scent. It is fantastic and women love it. DHI falls into the same category. You have to be a man, man, in order to pull it off.

Not feminine. Its a softer male scent. Jude Law style

Fantastic scent that I wear regularly for work and play.