Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Cuba Misfire?

I tried SMN Acqua di Cuba the other day and it was a lot different than I thought it would be based on the BN reviews. It started off smelling like a spicy scented candle and eventually some mild, but sweet, tobacco showed up. Where's the Cuban cigar? The killer tobacco accord? Ultimately not bad, but I can't get past the scented candle opening and the tobacco never really delivered. I bought my sample from Perfumed Court so I assume it's the real deal. I have never had my own experience be this far off of the review spectrum in the meager 50 scents I have seriously tried. Help me figure out what is going on here!

Other than the reviews, my tobacco reference points are Tobacco Vanille and semi-regularly smoking cuban cigars.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Acqua di Cuba Misfire?

Could it be a case of mislabelling? And if eventually mild sweet tobacco showed up perhaps you got a sample of Tabaco Toscano instead. TT is much milder, and is a sweet tobacco. Believe the comments that say that Acqua di Cuba is Essence di Cuban cigar.

Re the reference Tobacco Vanille which i own it as well as AdC, the tobacco in TV, while significant in strength, is more pipe tobacco than the stronger unsweet tobacco of AdC.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Could it be a case of mislabelling? And if eventually mild sweet tobacco showed up perhaps you got a sample of Tabaco Toscano instead. TT is much milder, and is a sweet tobacco. Believe the comments that say that Acqua di Cuba is Essence di Cuban cigar.

Re the reference Tobacco Vanille which i own it as well as AdC, the tobacco in TV, while significant in strength, is more pipe tobacco than the stronger unsweet tobacco of AdC.
    This makes sense. Il try a sample of Tabaco Toscano and compare. I do get pipe tobacco from TV, not cigar. Thanks.

I get a well pronounced powdery tobacco accord. I can't say it smells like scented candles. Your experience is hard for me to figure or respond to. But having said that, you should give it another sampling. I'm a fan of this one, but need to be in the mood. Not something I want to put on in the morning, hence me not wearing it much.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !