Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

From nstperfume.com:

Estee Lauder will launch Sensuous Nude in August. The new fragrance for women is a flanker to 2008′s Sensuous, and follows 2010′s Sensuous Noir.

Sensuous Nude is “intended to evoke the personal, uninhibited mature [sic] of modern sensuality with notes that suggest bare skin”; the notes include bergamot, mandarin, pink and black pepper, jasmine, muguet, coconut water, honey, musk, sandalwood, amber, heliotrope, vanilla and Melted Woods NaturePrint.

Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude will be available in 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum ($52-90) and in matching body products.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: New Fragrance: Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude

It sounds interesting, look forward to testing it out, in August. Thanks Petruccijc!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Joe- sounds very good - all the vanilla, amber and heliotrope and other goodies !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Two big thumbs up on the advertising campaign.

Maybe it is the dormant academic in me, but I love it when high-concept releases are properly executed from top to...erm, bottom.

More of that, please.

EDIT: I hope it smells good too.
    Last edited by Emlynevermore; 6th May 2011 at 04:15 PM.

Sensuous made me nauseous when I smelled the bottle, I wonder what they put in that? Don't think I'll try Nude, but nice ad.

This looks and sounds interesting.....Gary

Thank you Petruccijc for the information,i will try this for sure
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Walked through Dillards to get to BBW Saturday.Picked up a couple samples this and Lancome's Azur.
    Trying SN tonight-citrusyish opening (1/6)then it sort of smells like a 2/3rds Bvlgari Blv Notte +1/6 Samsara Shine .
    Nice-good summer scent.

Wasn't it EL who had another "nude" fragrance recently? Youth Dew Amber Nude, that was it. Now Sensual Nude. What do you suppose is next -- Sex Nude? Nude Nights? Nude 'R Us?

Sorry. Just me ranting. Missing the days when perfumes had truly evocative names, like Vol de Nuit, L'Heure Bleu, Mitsouko. Names that were sensual without spelling it out for you. Ours is not a subtle generation.

Thank you, as always, JC, for the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchly View Post
    Wasn't it EL who had another "nude" fragrance recently? Youth Dew Amber Nude, that was it. Now Sensual Nude. What do you suppose is next -- Sex Nude? Nude Nights? Nude 'R Us?

Sorry. Just me ranting. Missing the days when perfumes had truly evocative names, like Vol de Nuit, L'Heure Bleu, Mitsouko. Names that were sensual without spelling it out for you. Ours is not a subtle generation.
    Twitchly, my thoughts exactly. It's a little silly with all the "nude" names of scents.

The advertising imagery echoes that used for the new Jennifer Aniston scent, originally conceived as Lolovie before simply being called "Jennifer Aniston." The nudity of the scantily draped model in the EL ad in a stark landscape was much like Jennifer Aniston nude and draped in a simple white cloth, artfully posed, of course, to hide her torso. Nude and "bare skin" in the copy are really confusing. Skin smells like--bare skin--and not like the notes described, which seem worthy of a try.

Jennifer Aniston was launched as a "nonperfume perfume." What the heck does that mean? The fragrance, in reality, is a pleasant floral.

The connotation of "bare skin" and nudity also implies "nothingness." Does it aim to be for people who don't like perfume?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I have been wearing EL's Sensuous Nude for a year and a half now and I'm on my second bottle. After about 15 years of never wearing any perfume but sandalwood oil (I was nursing children and didn't want them to smell perfumey) I went on a business trip and found myself haunting the duty free perfume. I thought - ok, I'm not toting kiddies any more so I can perhaps go back to wearing perfume. And, because I starting having babies young (23) I had never really had the income to buy many perfumes that I had sampled when I was young. I made test strips of many perfumes I'd known of, but could never afford.

I waited the week - during my business trip I smelled the touches every day, trying to figure out which I liked best and upon the return trip I skin tested 4 scents, of which EL Sensuous Nude was the finalist and favourite.

This scent was my return to perfume and I'm not looking back. I try to ignore the top note, which, while nice are rather commercial and not interesting. The heart is nicer and opens up to smell rather like baby powder (not unpleasant to me!), but it's the dry down that makes me love this perfume so much and probably over apply it in the AM. I can't wait to get to the soft coconut and vanilla basenote. It's the best and my kids and husband love it.

Since discovering this fragrance, I've tried many gourmands and sandalwoods... I have Bond No 9's "I Lover NY" and TM's Angel, the former is gourmand from the get go, the latter takes some waiting, like Nude, but totally, absolutely NOT like nude!

This one's still a favourite and I can't see myself ever not wanting to have it on hand. Of course, I know some Niche-loving folks may look down on EL as being too boring and commercial - and I will admit it can have the affect of: Yes, I've smelled that a million times, so what? But, this one needs a liberal application and long dry down to truly be appreciated. And while some scents I need to spray on hair or clothes to maintain the fragrance's integrity, but this one needs to be applied to the skin -for sure. There seems to be no gourmand/wood dry down on clothes; rather it stays in its floral, baby powdery state on clothes. It reminds me a little of DK's Cashmere Mist.

Current favourites (order of love ever-changing):
    Santal Sacre - Luckyscent
    Bois des Iles - Chanel EdT
    Bois du Feminite - Serge Lutens
    Tam Dao - Diptyque
    Philosykos - Diptyque
    Ysatis - Givenchy
    Sensuous Nude Estee Lauder

Directinprint, welcome to Basenotes, and welcome back to wearing fragrance! I love Estee Lauder, by the way. I also own Sensuous Nude (a small bottle), but it is a bit schizo on my skin - sometimes it wears well, other times not. I have no idea why. I bought it because I fell in love with that powdery nude skin quality, but sometimes it smells like melted crayola crayons, and the coconut can be tricky on my skin. My hormones have turned my perfume preferences topsy turvy in recent months. I'm enjoying my second perfume life: discovering everything anew. I fell in love with Ysatis recently, too. I hope you will post on the SotD thread (Scent of the Day) and join in other threads as well. Welcome again!

I was given a small bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude, and although I found it pleasant, I never bought a second bottle when I finished it. I guess I'm a victim of the memory of the exquisite and now discontinued Estee Lauder Private Collection. No EL fragrances can live up to that fine Legend.

Welcome and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this 'fume. I've been on the verge of buying it so many times, but, like lilybelle, it's a bit of a changeling on me. Interesting, the difference between how it blooms on both fabric and skin. I'll have to make a point to give it another try, as Estee Lauder as a whole is one of my favorite houses. Oh, and another thumbs up for Ysatis. To my nose and on my skin, probably one of the best perfumes ever made.

Hi, welcome! I, too, stopped wearing fragrance when I had my four kids. For me it was not that they would smell; it was that being pregnant and nursing made my already-strong sense of smell made any smells unbearable and caused nausea and headaches. As my last baby weaned last year, I have been slowly working my way back, and can handle and enjoy way stronger and more complex fragrances than when I started.