Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 OZ for $29...Good Deal?

I bought this at Marshall today...found it in the clearance section in the women's section... $29 for a 4.2 OZ bottle... good deal?

I sniff this one a few times on a card at Sephora, but never on myself...

My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Guerlain Vetiver 4.2 OZ for $29...Good Deal?

Good deal - and you're in for a treat!

Let us know what you think

What a bargain!

Do enjoy!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

About half the retail price

Ok, I just sprayed 2 spray on each of my neck...let is sit for a minute or so and then took a wiff...smells very green and grassy... similar to Encre Noire, but not dark and inky...it's more green and fresh...somewhat citrus....i think this one will work great in the summer time on a cooler day... very fresh...i'll give it an initial grade in a few hours...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Great find change1!

It's been about half an hr now and I no longer get the citrus note...the fresh bright green scent is also gone...now I smell just vetiver and a woody base in the background...I think there is also ISO Super E in this one...so far it's nice....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Based off your top 10, I dont think you will like it. We have similar taste in fragrance and this vetiver did nothing for me but great score none the less!

Guerlain Vetiver is one of my Favorites! That's one helluva deal and I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd found that. Gee, I need to go to Marshall's more often!
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Quote Originally Posted by cbstarker View Post
    Guerlain Vetiver is one of my Favorites! That's one helluva deal and I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I'd found that. Gee, I need to go to Marshall's more often!
    I visit Marshall once a month or so to see if they got anything new in...also it seems like the Guerlain is always in the clearance section...I got a large bottle of Habit Rouge EDT a few weeks ago for $29 too...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Give it some time.

I came close to selling mine that I bought in winter. Just didn't like anything about it.

Then one warm day and I suddenly got it. Wonderful scent
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Good deal! I got Vetiver fairly recently myself, and although I almost sold it at first (weird repulsive note to me first time I tried it), I was encouraged by fellow basenoters to stick with it for aosme time and have now come to love it. It's a classic, and even if you don't find it wearable, I believe you'll find it a good collection piece to get a good mak on other scents. It's certainly expanded my horizons a little bit

wow, nice score. I've seen them on ebya for like $45 best case, so good job. and give it a few wearings before deciding. if you don't like it, it'll be easy to move on the B&S.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Excellent purchase.

It's been a few hrs now and all I get is green vetiver and wood...again nothing like encre noire...just very green...like being in a green forest...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

It's s staple in the American diet of perfumery. And for good reason too.
    I personally prefer my tobacco and vetiver more in tense.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    It's been a few hrs now and all I get is green vetiver and wood...again nothing like encre noire...just very green...like being in a green forest...
    No Tobacco???

This version is infamous for its tobacco note among many basenoters...which I like a lot.....

On me..it is usually a dry cut grass...with some tobacco smoke....I don't get it all the time...It is like Terre d'Hermes....You are totally unaware that it is there and suddenly you get a whiff of that dry green vetiver with tobacco.....and what to say...just Love it....

That whiff always gives me feel as a rich person...or something extra ordinary....or Very Special.
    Last edited by neo_the_1; 24th May 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    No Tobacco???

This version is infamous for its tobacco note among many basenoters...which I like a lot.....

On me..it is usually a dry cut grass...with some tobacco smoke....I don't get it all the time...It is like Terre d'Hermes....You are totally unaware that it is there and suddenly you get a whiff of that dry green vetiver with tobacco.....and what to say...just Love it....

That whiff always gives me feel as a rich person...or something extra ordinary....or Very Special.
    I'm not getting any tobacco with this Vetiver...I'm going to give it a few more wear to see if I can get the tobacco you're talking about....
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by neo_the_1 View Post
    No Tobacco???

I get the tobacco from Guerlain...but definitely not from Terre d'Hermes.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Great deal IF you like the juice. I don't care for GV's drydown so...

Definitely yes! The going rate on Guerlain Vetiver is usually costlier, so it truly was a good deal

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    I get the tobacco from Guerlain...but definitely not from Terre d'Hermes.
    That was mere correlation saying Terre d'Hermes has this quality such as you don't think its there and suddenly you can get a whiff of mineralic/orangy/vetiver note and that gives a charisma to it.....

In my personal experience wearing Guerlain Vetiver, many times I think its not there....and suddenly from somewhere I get this tobacco+dry vetiver sharp smell...which I makes me feel good-feel special.

I was comparing that quality...not the dry down.

I hope this cleared your confusion.

this is a steal.. amazing fragrance.. you can wear this anytime, anywhere.. and will get compliments.