Code of Conduct

Default Cartier L'Heure collection....

can anyone give me a breakdown of this collection, please.....

Default Re: Cartier L'Heure collection....

These are the ones I currently have in my collection. More will be appearing I believe in the future.

XII L'Heure Mysterieuse
    VIII L'Heure Diaphane
    VI - L'Heure Brillante
    VII L'Heure Défendue
    XIII - La Treizième Heure
    X - L'Heure Folle
    I - L'Heure Promise
    IV L'Heure Fougueuse

I have been wearing IV L'Heure Fougueuse for just a couple of days and will be spending more time with it during this week. First impressions are a beautiful Maté + bales of fresh hay (in close up) which transforms into a crisp, quite bracing stiff gin and tonic with some tea in the vicinity with a hint of lacquer or nail polish on top which then settles into a blend of all the above. Best way I can describe it. I really like it and I would point any fans of Annick Goutal's Duel in this direction - it's a different animal (a horse, actually) but you'll make the connection.

I have also briefly sampled XIII (the idea is 'smoke') & VII (the idea being an exploration of cacao but not in an overly sweet way).

In depth reviews that I have enjoyed can be found over at Grain de Musc. I think Mathilde Laurent is doing some very cool work with this series so far - I believe there will be 13 in all when the line is complete.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 8th May 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Banned

Here they are in numerical order with category & notes

I - L'Heure Promise
    ♥ Floral - Woody Musk ♥
    Top: Petit Grain, Fresh Herbs
    Middle: Iris, Floral Notes
    Base: Woody Notes, Sandalwood, Musks

II - not released
    ♥ ????? ♥

III - not released
    ♥ ????? ♥

IV - L'Heure Fougueuse
    ♥ Chypre - Floral ♥
    Top: Bergamot, Magnolia, Horse’s Mane Note
    Middle: Green Notes, Lavender, Floral Notes, Maté, Vetiver
    Base: White Musks, Oakmoss, Leather Note

V - not released
    ♥ ????? ♥

VI - L'Heure Brillante
    ♥ Citrus - Aromatic ♥
    Top: Aldehydes, Lemon, Lime
    Middle: Gin Accord, Woody Notes
    Base: Floral Notes, Musky Notes

VII - L'Heure Défendue
    ♥ Oriental - Woody ♥
    Top: Liqueur Note
    Middle: Cacao Noir, Patchouli, Woody Notes, Tolu
    Base: Santal, Vanille, Musky Notes, Leather Notes, Ambry Notes

VIII - L'Heure Diaphane
    ♥ Floral - Green ♥
    Top: Citrus Notes, Green Notes
    Middle: Rose, Floral Notes, Transparent Notes
    Base: Woody Notes, Ambergris

IX - not released
    ♥ ????? ♥

X - L'Heure Folle
    ♥ Floral - Fruity ♥
    Top: Red Currant, Pomegranate, Pink Pepper, Blueberry, Blackberry
    Middle: Cassis, Violet, Shiso, Aldehydes
    Base: Boxwood, Ivy, Polygonum, Floral Notes

XI - not released
    ♥ ????? ♥

XII - L'Heure Mysterieuse
    ♥ Woody - Oriental ♥
    Top: Elémi, Coriandre
    Middle: Jasmin, Incense, Olibanum
    Base: Patchouli, Cade, Amber notes

XIII - La Treizième Heure
    ♥ Chypre - Woody ♥
    Top: Bergamote, Maté
    Middle: Narcisse, birch
    Base: Patchouli, smoky notes, leather, Vanille

hope I didn't make any mistakes! Happy mothers day
    Last edited by teger; 8th May 2011 at 09:33 PM.

thanks to you all.............

Basenotes Institution

They finally got them at Saks here and I literally stumbled onto them looking for the new Oscar de la Renta (that BTW, I couldn't find anywhere!).

The only one I put on skin (my arms were already covered in Un Jardin sur le Toit and Untitled by Martin Margiela) was XIII - La Treizième Heure which is FAN-TASTIC. Sort of a luxury, parfum version of Black by Bulgari. Infinitely complex. I'll call it a goth chypre - if that makes sense. I won't go near a bottle 'til it's WAY colder here in Miami and I have WAY more money in my pocket.

Oh and Ray my husband was totally into X - L'Heure Folle but to me it smelled way too much like Oyedo by Diptyque....which basically smells like Orange Life Savers candies. But then again Ray loves those fruity florals and he douses himself with The-Candy-Store-Exploded a.k.a. Lil' Angel by Gwen Stefani so you should take his preferences with a grain of salt.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    But then again Ray loves those fruity florals and he douses himself with The-Candy-Store-Exploded a.k.a. Lil' Angel by Gwen Stefani so you should take his preferences with a grain of salt.
    Hahahahaha! That's too cute!

Sur la Plage

I found some to be OK, others not to be. But none were worth purchasing - they are extremely overpriced IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sorry about resurrecting this almost 3-year old thread. Someone mentioned in another thread yesterday (can't find it now) that Cartier was getting ready to release two more 'Heures" in the collection bringing the new total to twelve. Anyone remember what they were and when they will be coming out this year? I know that Saks carries the line, but the SA rep I spoke today didn't have any info.

(4005)
    Last edited by hednic; 9th February 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

^ Hednic, that might have been me. I read about the forthcoming releases on a french site / blog (can't remember which) but there were no details regarding dates. I'm about to email Cartier and ask for clarification. If there's anything worth passing on, I'll do so here.

Persolaise in his blog post entitled Happy 2014 (posted on January 7th), mentions the 2 new Les Heures releases for 2014, but as gandhajala says, no details about them.

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    ^ Hednic, that might have been me. I read about the forthcoming releases on a french site / blog (can't remember which) but there were no details regarding dates. I'm about to email Cartier and ask for clarification. If there's anything worth passing on, I'll do so here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostend V View Post
    Persolaise in his blog post entitled Happy 2014 (posted on January 7th), mentions the 2 new Les Heures releases for 2014, but as gandhajala says, no details about them.
    Thanks to you both.

(4023)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Well, those are some hints that what might come, they are names that Cartier trademarked:

Les Heures Voyageuses: http://www.trademarkia.com/les-heure...-79137756.html

Mille Et Une Heures: http://www.trademarkia.com/mille-et-...-79088194.html

L'Heure Instinctive: http://www.trademarkia.com/lheure-in...-79086892.html

These sound plausible, especially the last one. Thanks for this info.

(4027)