Code of Conduct

Default CHANEL Pour Monsieur vs Dior Eau Savage vs A-D-P Colonia Assoluta.

Hello! Which of these classical elegant "gentlemans" fragrance do you prefer?

CHANEL Pour Monsieur (original)
    Dior Eau Savage
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

Default Re: CHANEL Pour Monsieur vs Dior Eau Savage vs A-D-P Colonia Assoluta.

Goodness me! My advice and my would be the least recommendable, but to me, all three are so grand, so stunning, so well made, I prefer all- it would feel (in my opinion) unfair towards any of the three to only choose/prefer/favor one of these

You can't go wrong with any of them.

I have more experience with the Chanel and Dior as I own them. Between the two I prefer Eau Sauvage, but PM is a wonderful fragrance, too.

I would have to go with Pour Monsieur in this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    You can't go wrong with any of them.
    Tott said.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Pour Monsieur, but they're all good.

In order, I'd put Eau Sauvage, ADP Assoluta and Pour Monsier. I'm not very fond of PM, I find it a bit "dated", although I appreciate how well made and elegant it is. I find Sauvage more contemporary and ADP even more, but Sauvage has got a kick that the other two possibly do not have. My opinion of course... however, three giants of perfumery, can't go wrong with any of them!
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I would have to go with Assoluta.

Sur la Plage

Chanel pour Monsieur
    Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir
    AdP Colonia Intensa
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dior Eau Savage

Chanel Pour Monsieur is superb....
    I can't comment on ADP Colonia Assoluta as I don't have experience (yet) of this one.
    Eau Sauvage used to be my all time favourite, but there's something in the more recent formulation that I can't get on with.

I've recently tried out the newest version of Eau Sauvage Extreme and I think it's superb! I can see this may well become a big favourite of mine. I just need to give it a couple more tries.......

All three are great. But if I had to choose one, I would probably go with Chanel PM. However, I consider the original AdP Colonia better than all three.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Chanel Pour Monsieur is superb....
    I can't comment on ADP Colonia Assoluta as I don't have experience (yet) of this one.
    Eau Sauvage used to be my all time favourite, but there's something in the more recent formulation that I can't get on with.

I've recently tried out the newest version of Eau Sauvage Extreme and I think it's superb! I can see this may well become a big favourite of mine. I just need to give it a couple more tries.......
    -so you think the extreme version is better than the original?

If I had to pick one from this list it would be Assoluta!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    See I felt the same way up until a few months ago. I was, for years and years, a big fan of ES Extreme, and after a 10 year hiatus, I finally repurchased a bottle from the Dior boutique here last November. I wore it off and on from November to March and for some odd reason, in March-ish, it jsut started to smell rancid and overly powdery to me. I could not shake it and still to this day cannot figure out what happend. I store my frags in darkness, not heated at all. I had thought about contacting Dior but couldn't possibly think what theyd say. I thought about buying or trying to find a "vintage" bottle, but how vintage is vintage? I know someone else had this situation recently as I read it on here.

Since I always feel like I should be wearing a powdered wig when I sample Chanel Pour Monsieur, and ADP Colonia struck me as just a pleasant fragrance, I would give the nod to Eau Sauvage with its alluring blend of lemon, rosemary, petitegrain, jasmine and vetiver which seems extremely wearable today.

I remember Eau Sauvage from 30 odd years ago, and it was brilliant! The more recent formulation(s) don't reach the same standard; to my nose, they have a slightly "off-ish" twinge. Having said that, I sampled some very recently and this "off-ish" twinge now seems to be gone(?!). (Could be my nose!).

I've more recently been sampling the latest re-formulation of Eau Sauvage Extreme, and I find this to be SUPERB! It's definitely my next FB purchase.

These are all excellent choices:

Keep in mind that por monsieur is rather floral and sort of a french dandy type scent. Eau savage is citrus based so longevity may be an issue for you. I personally LOVE eau savage extreme but it is not available anymore. ADP has the right idea for an italian fresh smelling fragrance that oozes style and sophistication...too bad half a bottle wears off on me in an hour or two.

If longevity is an issue Channel Por Monsieur would probably last the longest....all are excellent choices though...bravo.

We have very similar tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    AdP Colonia Intensa

Intensa > Assoluta

Eau Sauvage Extreme certainly IS still available..... in fact, it's only just undergone a re-formulation and re-release. Plus, I've recently discovered a new Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense.... anyone else heard of this version? I'm still looking for more info.

It has been some months since I posted this thread, and my choice is the original Acqua di Parma Colonia. I liked it much better than Assoluta

1: Pour Monsieur
    2: Eau Sauvage
    3: ADP - Not experienced
    LOST! in scent and music

I have and really like Assoluta, but the other two I find dated and so would never consider to own.

I've recently discovered a new Eau Sauvage Extreme Intense.... anyone else heard of this version? I'm still looking for more info.
    If you are talking about the one in the black bottle only amazon and ebay have it. It's been discontinued.

I wouldn't consider buying it off either site.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    If you are talking about the one in the black bottle only amazon and ebay have it. It's been discontinued.

I wouldn't consider buying it off either site.
    Seems like - on this one - we're ahead of you here in the UK.

I am indeed talking about the one in the black bottle, and it's very recently been re-formulated and re-released (see recent previous threads on this site). Plus... it's currently available here in high street department stores.

As I understand it, the discontinued version is labelled "Haute Concentree" (or similar) on the bottle label, whereas the new version is has "Extreme" on the bottle label.

Seems like - on this one - we're ahead of you here in the UK.

I am indeed talking about the one in the black bottle, and it's very recently been re-formulated and re-released (see recent previous threads on this site). Plus... it's currently available here in high street department stores.

As I understand it, the discontinued version is labelled "Haute Concentree" (or similar) on the bottle label, whereas the new version is has "Extreme" on the bottle label.
    Yet another reason to hate the direction america is going (oops sorry wrong forum). If it was available here that would be my scent but like everything I used to enjoy in america...wwwht...out the door.

Great elegant scent that reeks of sophistication. Enjoy it my friend.

It has been some months since I posted this thread, and my choice is the original Acqua di Parma Colonia. I liked it much better than Assoluta
    Great choice! From this thread's original options my choise is Chanel Pour Monsieur, but I agreed with Oslo-Fjord that original ADP Colonia is much better than Assoluta.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

I own Pour Monsiuer.
    I am wearing Eau sauvage now.
    I think Dior Eau sauvage is a LITTLE more "mysterious" and PM is a LITTLE more "classy"
    I prefer PM, it smells more natural. the two smell almost identical in the opening. the drydown however is different

I prefer Assoluta