Code of Conduct

Default Step Closer to my Wedding Day Scent! And Needs opinion/help

Guys I'm one step Closer! I just tried Chanel Pour Monsieur, Serge Lutens Chergui, New Havane, Musc Ravaguer, Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver, and New Haarlem. Out of all of these Pour Monsieur took me by surprise with Grey Vetiver being right behind.

I'll speak on Musc Ravanguer, Serge, and NH being that there the most discussed out of my samples. They are ALL well made but just not appropriate for a wedding day. Ravanguer is the grown man gormound to New Haarlem and Serge is the winter work horse which to me kinda took over on the heavy side. (And no Musc Rav IS NOT sex in a bottle LOL I don't know WHO in the f@^& said that. Its a GREAT sweater scent IMO)

Pour Monsieur Really left and impression on me so did Grey Vetiver. So I am getting closer!

Now the Help that I need. What are some Bond No. 9 scents YOU recommend for a wedding day?

Edit: I have Dior Homme and its my goto Signature scent as of right now but being the Mrs's to be already smelled it plenty I have to scratch it off the list LOL
    Last edited by SymbianBlack; 10th May 2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Meant NEW Haarlem

Default Re: Step Closer to my Wedding Day Scent! And Needs opinion/help

From Bond No.9 try New Harlem , also try Egoiste from Chanel.

I hope all goes well for your big day!

I really can't help regarding Bond fragrances but I agree that Egoiste could be well worth a wearing for your wedding. I would also suggest Tiffany for Men- nice and classy scent.
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd suggest West Side from Bond no. 9.

How about rose 31 from Le Labo?It has celebratory fling attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    I meant NEW Haarlem in my Post so I already smelled/tried

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    I hope all goes well for your big day!

I really can't help regarding Bond fragrances but I agree that Egoiste could be well worth a wearing for your wedding. I would also suggest Tiffany for Men- nice and classy scent.
    Tried Tiffany for Men... smells too much like things I smelled before.

Puredistance M

I would go with the Pour Monsieur cause the nose knows. To me is smells like old school success, it's in your face and not everybody else's. It's also unlikely that the old schoolers will be wearing it and that's a big plus. Your likely to find it available on your 10th anniversary as well. I would agree with puredistanceM except I'm not sure for how long it will be available. You won't have to worry about sillage or longetivity either.

So what kind of watch you going to be wearing? ) Congratulations!

My opinion - whatever you choose, don't be subtle - it's your day, so be LOUD.
    As you and the new wife are the center of attention, make sure you have the scent spotlight on yourselves.
    Cheers,
    Renato

P.S. And don't overly worry about the wedding/ speeches etc. Just write down a list of the people you want to thank, have the list ready and thank them. Any other minor or major slip-ups are insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    +1. CHANEL Egoiste would be the perfect choice. New Haarlem is nice. Forget about rest of the Bonds..

Pour Monsieur is the perfect choice IMO.....it is exudes class and sophistication and I doubt seriously that anyone else will be wearing it..

My suggestions

Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Invasion Barbare
    Amouage Homage Attar (this one is the most beautiful fragrance I have ever smell)
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I believe a wedding needs a really special scent, therefore my suggestions are:

Amouage Attar Homage

Amouage Gold

Carnal Flower - Frederic Malle

Amouage Reflection Man

for Bond No. 9.. their formal frags are Wall Street.. among others.. but I'd recommend Eau de NY.. it's easy.. soapy, dressy, not cloying.

overall, though, I'd recommend Bois Du Portgual from Creed.. if you have it.

First, congratulations Wish you all the best.

I think Pour Monsieur is a bit... dated. Don't get me wrong, nice scent, well crafted, just a bit like boardroom meeting. And you want something your to-be wife will remember forever.

How about Maison Kurkdjian APOM? Orange blossom and cedarwood, beautiful and very apt for a wedding. Plus, memorable scent.

I would not go for New Harleem or Musc Ravageur, I find them a bit untasteful for a wedding. And Grey Vetiver is a bit too ordinary... Chergui is loud, and I don't find it very wedding like.

Other suggestions: +1 on Amouage Attar Homage and Gold, both memorable fragrances
    Noir de Noir Tom Ford (if you like florals...)
    Chanel Bois des Iles perhaps?
    └ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

My husband wore Chanel Sycomore on our wedding day. But you have to like vetiver to like that one.

I'd stay with Pour Monsieur

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    Puredistance M
    There's only one problem if he wears "M". The other women will want to take him home.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    There's only one problem if he wears "M". The other women will want to take him home.
    Dosn't make 'em bad persons lol

Sad to say but the amouage scents are just out of my price range. $150ish is my limit. Remember i'm saving for a wedding lol

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    LOL, that may be true. M is in a league of it's own, IMO... and only $50 over the "limit".

Def. some nice and classy scents youve chosen there. A few thoughts struck me when reading your post and the rest of the thread.

- What does your wife-to-be think? Does she have a say?
    - You guys have any kids yet? If you do what do they think?
    - What where you wearing when you met your wife and/or on your first date?

Seems to me that those could be some great considerations to take into account. Oh and above everything else what you like yourself off-course... :-)

Amouage Reflection Man; Amouage Lyric Man

This is an easy one. Wear your fiancÚe's favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Pour Monsieur is the perfect choice IMO.....it is exudes class and sophistication and I doubt seriously that anyone else will be wearing it..
    I agree, and best wishes to you on your day of days :-) .

Had my wedding yesterday. I decided to wear Tobacco Vanille. Felt is was a good choice because it's pleasant and sweet, but still sophisticated and special. My ceremony was at 3, and by the time we arrived back in our suite at the end of the night, I was still going strong.

GIT and Chergui were also in the running, but GIT is my go-to scent about 3 days a week, so it was just a bit too "everyday" for me. Chergui is great, but it leans just slightly more feminine on me than TV, so my choice was made. Lots of compliments, 2 sprays goes a very long way, as you all know!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Had my wedding yesterday. I decided to wear Tobacco Vanille. Felt is was a good choice because it's pleasant and sweet, but still sophisticated and special. My ceremony was at 3, and by the time we arrived back in our suite at the end of the night, I was still going strong.

GIT and Chergui were also in the running, but GIT is my go-to scent about 3 days a week, so it was just a bit too "everyday" for me. Chergui is great, but it leans just slightly more feminine on me than TV, so my choice was made. Lots of compliments, 2 sprays goes a very long way, as you all know!
    Good choice! And I gotta say - posting within a day of your wedding day? That's true allegiance to Basenotes!