Code of Conduct

Default YSL Paris Fleur de Parfum

I recently spotted an old looking YSL Paris in a discount perfumery locally and when I saw the ingredients all it said was Parfum, Alcohol, Water. I was like...BINGO! Yes, I'd like to have it...now...hurry! LOL! I've heard that Paris has been reformulated over the years and that the vintage is much better. I'm not a fan of the modern EDT btw. The bottle I bought was the supposedly extremely rare, Fleur de Parfum version which is allegedly between EDP and extrait. I can attest of the strength of this mother. One spray to my wrist and I'm still catching whiffs of it seven hours later and it's overpowering my SOTD which was sprayed...ummm...heavily lol! What struck me is that it's nothing like the current EDT. This is much more of a floral bouquet of roses, tuberoses and jasmine. I was also surprised to see it struck an uncanny resemblance to Poison! As it's drying down now, the powdery Paris everyone knows shows its face.

Has anyone here had any experience with FdP?

Default Re: YSL Paris Fleur de Parfum

Oooooh, sounds wonderful!!

Congrats on your new find, i will keep my eyes opened, this is my moms signature scent.

Also, exists a Parfum concentration?

Basenotes Institution

Sounds fabulous, Scent.
    Daniel, my mother used Paris as a signature scent for sometime too in the 80s and 90s. Like me ,she hoards bottles of perfume - Paris is one of those ( though she rarely wears it anymore ! )
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Sounds fabulous, Scent.
    Daniel, my mother used Paris as a signature scent for sometime too in the 80s and 90s. Like me ,she hoards bottles of perfume - Paris is one of those ( though she rarely wears it anymore ! )
    Thats awesome Mimi.
    Can you compare the Parfum to the EDT and EDP?

I have a adored the original YSL Paris since its launch. The Parisienne flankers were mediocre. I am interested in this floral, however.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Ok I'm typing from my iPhone now because I can't wait to post my observations on it. First of all I sprayed one spray on a tissue after purchasing it to smell it in every phase. Five hours in to the development I went to my mother to get her insight. She's like "yeah I could smell it all day long an around the house!" Folks if that doesn't paint a picture of how brutally strong this thing is, I don't know what will! And I may have overdone it today LoL! The rose is more liquer like and it's a bit indolic too. I swear I'm smelling some intense jasmine and tuberose florals. It's also got that wine note ala Poison running through it. Plus the drydown isn't as sweet as the original which I'm guessing is due to less of the violet note. It's a keeper for me, but I'm developing a migraine because it's too damn intense. I may try it dabbed next time. More later when I get hold of an actual keyboard.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Thats awesome Mimi.
    Can you compare the Parfum to the EDT and EDP?
    I would love to but I don't have any myself and Mom's bottles are still sealed . I actually don't know why she's still buying it . She keeps them stacked by her bedside with her books ! The last bottle she bought recently, was a vintage Paris . I remember Paris being a strong rosy floral.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Congrats on the find scent, it sounds wonderful!