Code of Conduct

Default Creed Selection Verte - How rare is it?

I've been testing Creed Selection Verte and like it as a summer citrus EDC.

I was wondering how rare is it. If I see it in a store should I grab it because it will be hard to find? What do y'all think?

Default Re: Creed Selection Verte - How rare is it?

I feel Selection Verte is a five star fragrance in both quality and simplicity. New flacons appear to be for sale at the Creed Boutique for reasonable prices given the quality. Anyone who like a good quality snappy summer citrus fragrance ought to try SV. Don't be fooled, Selection Verte is much more than a citrus eau de cologne--it utilized mint, sweat pea, and ambergris. The older, darker juice tends to be a tad deeper and more floral than the newer batches, but the new ones are still great. I like to think of SV as effervescent but with some substance in the heart and base.

Grab it while you can !!! It's amazing .

Can be hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    I've been testing Creed Selection Verte and like it as a summer citrus EDC.

I was wondering how rare is it. If I see it in a store should I grab it because it will be hard to find? What do y'all think?
    I understand the NYC Boutique and online store recieved a limited number of Selection Verte flacons recently. I'd leap on one of those if you like the fragrance. SV is still discontinued. I'd be very surprised if you found a flacon from any other mainstream Creed seller. Since it is a Private Collection fragrance, it was never issued in bottles smaller than 250ml, except for the 75ml testers which weren't for sale. I love Selection Verte, both vintage and non-vintage--especially with summer coming on. There's nothing else quite like it. Good luck.

Martin

Check the for sale board here on basenotes. You can get in on a 50 ml share of selection verte, if there's any spots left.

I spoke to a Nordstrom sales assistant a couple weeks ago who gave me some samples of Selection Verte and said that they would be selling it for a limited time this year, and that Creed would eventually return it to the vault.

Basenotes Institution

Does anyone know why Selection Verte will be eventually returned to the vault and no longer produced ? It seems a shame - it's wonderful.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

It can't be so rare -- I just spotted it for sale at essenza-nobile.de

Quote Originally Posted by miguelca View Post
    It can't be so rare -- I just spotted it for sale at essenza-nobile.de
    If you buy from here, question them as to how old their stock is. The shop came through for me in the end after a 6 month wait. My initial bottle was a good 5-6 years old and had gone off, but to be honest it was their distributors fault Nobilis and not the shop and my replacement bottle that came was fresh and the new design, but just make certain before parting with your money. From now on any Creed I purchase will be from the orange square company who are the UK distributors, I simply don't trust any of these online retailers anymore

I think the Vintage (green) flacon is what's extremely hard to come by. Which, from what I've read, is a bit different from the newer (I believe reformulated), clear flacon that seems readily available through the CB online.

I enjoyed a good size sample from Neiman's in Honolulu, and I wore a lot of it over the next week in Hawaii. It's a very nice summer fragrance, and maybe I should give it another try. My lasting impression of it: Wrigley's Spearmint gum. Heavy on sweet minty notes.

I usually like mint in fragrances. But I'm not quite convinced about biting off $350 or so for Selection Verte.

I've not tried SV yet...how do those familiar with both compare it to Green Valley?

Green Valley strikes me as the more wearable of the two. It's heavy on fresh cut grass notes, more of a pastoral effect. Selection Verte: said it above, heavy on sweet mint notes.

Both are very good, but I prefer Green Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Green Valley strikes me as the more wearable of the two. It's heavy on fresh cut grass notes, more of a pastoral effect. Selection Verte: said it above, heavy on sweet mint notes.

Both are very good, but I prefer Green Valley.
    Thanks. I like the mint in GV but also the ginger. To me it's a bracing fragrance, and one of my faves for the warmer months.

Selection Verte is not as easily accessible, now, as it was in the past. If any Creed becomes scarce, I think it's an indication that it may either be discontinued in the future or become a limited edition release. Therefore, if I were you and if you like SV as much as I do, I'd promptly buy several flacons and put them in storage.

Personally, I think SV is a beautiful fragrance. It's refreshing & very natural smelling (don't want to start a ruckus again over usage of natural ingredients). The execution of mint in this fragrance is sublime and cannot be imitated, ever.

Good fragance but only 30 minutes in the skin,?29,28,27,26..................0
    #TOP 5#: Polo Crest, Romeo Gigli,Jockey Club C&M, Jean Pascal Homme,Floris N 89