Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Women's Longest lasting Floral fragrance?

What is your opinion? which floral frag out there in the mainstream (not niche frags) has the best Longevity & Sillage? & not very expensive.. thanx

Default Re: Women's Longest lasting Floral fragrance?

I don't know many mainstream florals, so I'm not of much help. From the few I know I'd suggest Bulgari Jasmin Noir. It's not a sillage monster but it does project nicely.

Estee Lauder's Beautiful is the first to come to mind. EL is known for quality, affordable and long-lasting fragrances with wonderful sillage, and Beautiful has been a best-selling grand floral bouquet for years. Private Collection is another of EL's opulent florals with projection and longevity. YSL's Paris is very bold and long-lasting, but you really have to like roses and carnation to enjoy it - I do. Guerlain's Insolence is a potent bouquet of sweet violets and roses - again, very long-lasting and lots of sillage. Givenchy's Ysatis is a wonderully rich and somewhat tropical floral with a chypre-y vibe - another favorite of mine. Gucci Rush is also a good candidate, but it's my understanding that you need to move quickly as it's being discontinued.

Givenchy's Amarige and Dior's J'adore aren't my personal favorites, but they are big, long-lasting florals with unapologetic sillage so they should make your list. And I guess I should mention L'Instant de Guerlain - it's my favorite floral-oriental ever for its gorgeous, velvety magnolia, but the honey/amber/vanilla base makes it too sweet and heady for some.

There are of course a lot more, but I'd say give these a sniff and you'll be off to a good start. You should be able to find all of these at any perfume counter for under $70, or so.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur

Basenotes Plus

i agree with Evangeline. the first thing I thought of was Paris edp. It's so "big" I wear it around my ankles, if I didn't I couldn't take it.

Another one is FRACAS (tuberose scents in general tend to be sillage monsters).

Diva is a great big floral chypre & all of these are reasonably priced at perfume online shops.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I would say the top of the list for me are:

YSL Paris in the eau de toilette. It packs as much punch as an EDP. (I have never tried the EDP.)

Guerlain Insolence EDT (VERY loud and long-lasting.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Beautiful EL,Paris YSL ,Amrige Givenchy....i agree to all these.
    I add from my list:Alfred Sung perfume (edt) ,Tuberose Gardenia Private Collection Estee Lauder and Jardins De Bagatelle and Nahema by Guerlain
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

any EDT's?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by don03 View Post
    any EDT's?
    Don....several edt's were suggested. Most of the fragrances suggested as edp's, do come in edt versions. Paris, Beautiful, Insolence, Diva, to name but a few.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

the Chanels

Paris is one big Rose

any ideas abt Euphoria?

Basenotes Institution

Oh yeah , Euphoria - lasts and lasts.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Euphoria Blossom is very good and lasting also
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber