Code of Conduct

Default Orange Sanguine is Awesome!

Just purchased Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine, this is the best natural citrus fragrance that I have ever smelled. Great summer niche scent. A beautiful natural mandarin orange juice smell. Nothing synthetic about it. Fresh sweet oranges, gotta love it.

Default Re: Orange Sanguine is Awesome!

Orange Sanguine has a really nice drydown that retains the orange throughout, as it gets slightly floral. Great stuff.
    For a sharp green, slightly lemon (think lemon leaves), give Trefle Pur a try.
    These two are my favorite from the house. I've tried all but the vanilla one and oolong.

a great fragrance

Cheap synthetic smelling materials. Zero lasting power. Zero period. If ya feel like orange then get Bigarade Concentree by Frederick Malle. Put those two side by side and you'll be throwing Orange Sanguine in the trash.

Basenotes Institution

I love it too. I have a sample of it, that a BN buddy sent me last week, and every time I see it in my sample pile I smile 'cause I can't wait to smell it again.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I was really disappointed with the lasting power and sillage of all of the Atelier line.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

Yes, quite nice indeed, as is most of the line. The only one I do not particularly care for is the newer Vanilla. I own and love the others.

Their price points are ridiculous. $50 for 1 oz and $145 dollars for a 6.7 oz?

Sur la Plage

I found this one, and most of the others from the line, to be OK - but not worth purchasing.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Cheap synthetic smelling materials. Zero lasting power....trash
    It sounds hopeful..

Cheap synthetic smelling materials. Zero lasting power. Zero period. If ya feel like orange then get Bigarade Concentree by Frederick Malle. Put those two side by side and you'll be throwing Orange Sanguine in the trash.
    I have to disagree; there is nothing that smells synthetic here to my nose (smells like a freshly peeled and cut orange) also, I get a good 15 hours with this, I've even known it to last for a full 24. Only downside that as it is very linear, and as such, can become a little boring and nauseating... and the bees love it. Wore this on a hot day in NZ and spent most of the day running from them.

All in all, a quality release from this house but you have to love orange!

I have to disagree; there is nothing that smells synthetic here to my nose (smells like a freshly peeled and cut orange) also, I get a good 15 hours with this, I've even known it to last for a full 24. Only downside that as it is very linear, and as such, can become a little boring and nauseating... and the bees love it. Wore this on a hot day in NZ and spent most of the day running from them.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

My husband gets very impatient with low-longevity perfumes and will no longer buy them, but he likes orange sanguine, and bought 6.7oz. of it-- so that says something about its longevity. We both find it quite realistic.

As thebeck mentions above, if you have Bigarade Concentree, and I will add to this Parfums d' Empire Azemour les Orangers why bother with Orange Sanguine because these are much more interesting orange fragrances due to how they finish off the orange scent with something interesting.

I like the entire Atelier Cologne line - very pleasant and nicely done. They are not designed to knock you down with intensity but for a cologne style fragrance each is fantastic. None rate low in the likeability category and for me, that consistency is very unusual for a fragrance product line. (Editions Frederic Malle is the only other I can say that about). They are a little repetitive with some notes and how they evolve and construct the light wood bases - wouldn't want both Vanille Insense and Ambre Nue and would want to pick one between Tefle Pur and Bois Blonds because they have the same scent at the base. Pick between Bois Blonds, Trefle Pur and Grand Neroli because they are all three have strong neroli in the opening. I used to have all the bottles but found they step on each other a bit. My fav is Oolong infiniti because it's like a cool breeze of dry tea and woods, but I rate all of them about the same in excellence. Orange Sanguine is a very nice pure orange scent although my favorite orange fragrance is Azemour les Orangers.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 7th June 2012 at 05:41 PM.

I've been looking for a pure orange scent - I'll have to try this one asap.

This one smells awesome for the first few minutes, but it loses the natural orange smell & becomes very floral on me in the drydown. Why can't someone seem to make a true linear fresh orange fragrance that holds that note & doesn't evolve into a muted floral drydown (Bond's Little Italy is much the same. Great fresh opening ruined by turning plasticky & floral).
    I understand citrus notes are fleeting & hard to maintain, but I'd rather just have a cheaper eau de cologne that only lasts an hour but stays true to the bright citrus opening. Anyway, just my rant when it comes to fresh orange scents

Brutal and honest. I like it!

I have it and I enjoy it a lot. In the sea of fresh fragrances this is different. Comparing price and quality, itīs a great choice for spring and summer. In my skin it lasts about 5 hours, wich is good for the use I want to give it.
    - A lot of people thinks that they live when the only thing they do is simply exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post

I agree with thebeck about Atelier smelling synthetic, but I don't think Orange Sanguine is one of the more egregious offenders. it does smell very orangey. Unfortunately, it's almost indistinguishable from many similarly scented cleaning products and room sprays that we use in my household with the same straightforward orange accord. If you like the orange (I am not personally a fan) but think this one is a little simplistic, I would encourage you to try Azemour Les Orangers from Parfums d'Empire. It has a very similar appeal but in my opinion a depth that sets it apart from the common household scents.

Brian, you have officially scared me off! As soon as you said "cleaning products," I realized you saved me $3. Im fed up with expensive citrus frags smelling like household cleaner.

I wore Neroli Portofino (sample) to a family dinner, and asked for opinions on it, because I'm on the fence... Everyone said it smelled either "weird," or like "pine-sol."

Xe Kobe is a deeper, more interesting Neroli, but my wife hates it.

I hate to scare someone off from sampling because there are others who obviously enjoy it very much. It's not the fault of Orange Sanguine that cleaning products are using similarly bold orange notes; but if you are familiar with such products, the association may be enough to put you off. I do fault Orange Sanguine for something else: it's a fine line between minimal and simplistic, and to my nose OS falls on the wrong side of that line, which makes it vulnerable to the unflattering comparisons.

I think it does take balls to compose a scent from things like orange and pine that we already have strong (not necessarily pleasant) scent memories of. It is hard for me to get the image of a pinetree-shaped air freshener out of my head when I smell Norne, but I admire Slumberhouse for acknowledging that pine is a beautiful smell and doing it anyway. Likewise, I admire Atelier Cologne for going for it with OS, even though I feel they weren't completely successful.

best orange fragrance imo!

Basenotes Institution

I just noticed today, on Beautyhabit, that they make this in a soap also. Wow!!!

http://www.beautyhabit.com/product11002.html
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

The sample I have smells just like orange juice, and at the price it's hard to beat. I've been so close to buying it before, tempted by it's price, but in the end I just completely removed it from my thoughts. Even at that price I would never wear it.

A great orange fragrance, works well (compared to the poor performance other similar fragrance have)
    ... And do me a favor - don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired.

Welcome to the Bwahahaha! era...

TUM TUM PISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its amazing how well this lasts and projects. I figured since its mostly natural, the performance would be compromised . . . nope! This is subtle yet loud. Meaning it BEASTLY projects a SOFT scent.

Its smells like soft pretty oranges. It leans towards the feminine side but I like it. If i didn't already have Coney Island I would buy a FB.

Orange Sanguine = The softness of Millesime Imperial + High Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Its amazing how well this lasts and projects. I figured since its mostly natural, the performance would be compromised . . . nope! This is subtle yet loud. Meaning it BEASTLY projects a SOFT scent.

Its smells like soft pretty oranges. It leans towards the feminine side but I like it. If i didn't already have Coney Island I would buy a FB.

Orange Sanguine = The softness of Millesime Imperial + High Performance

Orange Sanguine has the most natural and delicious orange note I've ever had the pleasure of smelling, truly wonderful stuff!!! Unlike you though, I don't get great longevity out of it...which is a total bummer!

I also really like Orange Sanguine. It is sort of simple, but orange is good that way - very stress reducing. Some other orange favorites are: Entre Naranjos, Azemour, Varvatos Artisan, Concentree d' Orange Verte and Bigarrade Concentree.

I cant speak for Orange Sanguine but the Cedrat Enivrant I smelled this weekend was very realistic and had great longevity on the test strip.