Code of Conduct

Default More Aventus Longevity deception!

I love Aventus - in my top 5 no doubt. It really gave me one of those euphoric feelings when I first smelled it, however of course the Longevity and Siliage has been extremely suspect due to batch variations etc.

About 3 weeks ago I applied a small amount of Aventus onto my arm from the tester. No more than 1/15th of a tester vial (just a few dabs), just to enjoy the scent for myself. I threw a sweater on top and went on my merry day. Which brings me to last night sitting and watching a movie with my friends. As I move my arm around I swear "I smell something familiar", sure enough it is Aventus from my sweater! 3 Weeks later, and the most astonishing part... the sweater had gone through the washing machine!

I can't wait to tell this to my friend who has to apply 13 sprays to get anything out of it.

And sadly... I threw away the card that came with my sample, I don't know the batch number!!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: More Aventus Longevity deception!

Never had any problem with longevity or sillage from any bottle.

13 sprays and I'd be noticed a block away! A fellow BNer noted that I have a weak batch, but a few sprays is plenty, I wouldn't want it much stronger.

It does hang onto clothing pretty well, but luckily mine doesn't make it through the washing machine.

The nature of Aventus is that it is very noticeable, even with a light application. Probably the best part about it.

Such a great fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    The nature of Aventus is that it is very noticeable, even with a light application. Probably the best part about it.

Such a great fragrance.

One of the best and it gets so much attention from the women when I wear it

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    One of the best and it gets so much attention from the women when I wear it
    Same here. No other fragrance has gotten me nearly as much attention and compliments. Especially from random strangers. Aventus is the winner of that category.

With that being said, I just want to emphasize the distinction between "most complimented" and "most attractive". Aventus generates compliments not just because it smells good but because it stands out. It draws attention and people can't help but to say something about it. To me, a bigger compliment is when women try to smell your cologne without you noticing. I find that subtle and warm scents are more likely to pull this off than the loud and piercing Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    Same here. No other fragrance has gotten me nearly as much attention and compliments. Especially from random strangers. Aventus is the winner of that category.

With that being said, I just want to emphasize the distinction between "most complimented" and "most attractive". Aventus generates compliments not just because it smells good but because it stands out. It draws attention and people can't help but to say something about it. To me, a bigger compliment is when women try to smell your cologne without you noticing. I find that subtle and warm scents are more likely to pull this off than the loud and piercing Aventus.
    I agree with you. That happened to me a few weeks ago.
    I had worn some Bvlgari Aqva Marine Toniq to college.
    I was in my biology class two hours after application, and one of my female classmates kept sneaking a few sniffs of my neck.
    She didn't know that I noticed. Even though she didn't say a word, that was one of the best compliments I'd ever received.

Hmm.. it may behave a bit like John Varvatos. Average longevity on the skin but stubborn on fabric. I'm extremely eager to purchase this scent but I'd like to purchase a new car so that's going to take priority!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Aventus is deceptive to the Wearer but extremely noticeable to people around you. I have had many experiences where I couldnt smell it 20 minutes after application, yet hours later I would get comments on how Great I smelled..

I used to enjoy smelling Aventus weeks later on my jacket, until I took an arrow in the knee.

It's an absolute beast, in both projection and longevity, love it or hate it, it will get you bleeping on most peoples radars, I had to limit myself to one spray max despite not really smelling it too much on myself, weird thing is I smell it more with one spray as opposed to three.

He had a similar scenario as me

Haha! Thanks for sharing that video Now I'll have to buy some Aventus to carry around with me. That way if I'm having a bad day at work, I'll put about 7 sprays on so I'll be able to leave early!!!

Quote Originally Posted by humptydumpty View Post
    It's an absolute beast, in both projection and longevity, love it or hate it, it will get you bleeping on most peoples radars, I had to limit myself to one spray max despite not really smelling it too much on myself, weird thing is I smell it more with one spray as opposed to three.
    Yup, that's why I can't understand why people think it's so overpriced. Factoring in potency and longevity it's really a good deal. The Creed sprayer is very generous with it's application, so 3 sprays out of the Aventus atomizer is way too much IMO. Apparently enough to be sent home from work! I use 2-3 partial sprays, which means I press the sprayer just enough to get a "pssht" out of it rather than the "pssssssssssssssshhhhhht" you'd get from a full spray. I figure it's around .1 or so mL per application so the $200 I spent on 125 mL is enough for about 1000 wears. Or 10 years if I wear it 2x a week. If you look at it that way Aventus does not cost a lot.

Wow...now I find that Aventus is as potent as Amouage Tribute. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Wow...now I find that Aventus is as potent as Amouage Tribute. Hmm.
    I don't have Tribute, but I do have 1 mL of Homage I've been testing and it does not project nearly as much as Aventus. It generates some sillage but other than that it seems to stay closer than many EDT/EDPs. I don't really know yet, but I think .05 mL of Homage would be a hefty application.

In any event, I have always thought that part of the reason Aventus is complemented so much is due to it's extreme potency, which isn't necessarily apparent to it's users. But it is apparent to everyone else ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I used to enjoy smelling Aventus weeks later on my jacket, until I took an arrow in the knee.
    Oh Lord, it has reached Basenotes... I have feared this day since patient zero, first started to infect people across the globe, with Skyrim guarditis!
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

I've smelled Aventus on clothing for days; as well as my other Creeds. SMW has been on the sleve of my zip hoodie for a week. I get great milage with all my Creeds actually.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    I've smelled Aventus on clothing for days; as well as my other Creeds. SMW has been on the sleve of my zip hoodie for a week. I get great milage with all my Creeds actually.
    I do as well, the only Creed that is inconsistent in terms of longevity is MI. Sometimes I get 3 hours and sometimes its there over 8 hours. Royal Delight on my skin tops them all. It's still there after 24 hours...a monster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorje123 View Post
    In any event, I have always thought that part of the reason Aventus is complemented so much is due to it's extreme potency, which isn't necessarily apparent to it's users. But it is apparent to everyone else ;-)
    I agree with this. After awhile I can't even smell it on myself (could be batch related), but I know it's there

edit:

could be olfactory fatigue
    Last edited by wampa; 17th December 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Never had any problem with longevity or sillage from any bottle.
    I've not had any problems either.....Gary

Sillage and longevity have never been a problem with my bottle, to the contray, sometimes it lasts too long, especially when I'd rather move on to another fragrance.

I unfortunately get olfactory fatigue from Aventus too, which is too bad as it's definitely one of my favorites.

I used to do 8-9 sprays thinking that it would help me to smell it for longer. I cut down to 2-3 and can smell it all day now.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    I used to do 8-9 sprays thinking that it would help me to smell it for longer. I cut down to 2-3 and can smell it all day now.
    Same.

I'm sorry to say that Aventus, like most of the Creed line, has been a disappointment to me. I wonder if it is my chemistry but it just doesn't sit well with me. I have worn Aventus and nobody could smell it on me including myself. At a family gathering I asked eight of my immediate family and not one could smell it. I had applied six sprays two hours prior.
    La vita Ť breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    And now after seeing that video, you realize you were using 3 times the amount that got the guy sent home from work...

I've used 3 full sprays before, when I 1st got the bottle, and noticed the smell would fill a small room. I actually don't notice much of a difference between wearing 3 sprays vs. 1, but I think with 3 sprays you will project a 10' radius, with 1 it still very noticeable but hopefully toned down to projecting just a couple feet...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sinister View Post
    I unfortunately get olfactory fatigue from Aventus too, which is too bad as it's definitely one of my favorites.
    I am beginning to wonder if scents like Aventus and quite possibly Jubilation XXV have a similar issue with olfactory fatigue. Both to imo are quite similar. Aventus being more cozy and uplifting. However, after 3 sprays of Aventus today, the stuff seemed to vanish from my skin. The first 30 mins in and I became an Aventus fan , albeit a reluctant one, given all the hoopla surrounding the juice. Jubilation on the other hand was interesting but no so comforting as Aventus. There is something about Jubilation XXV that is both cold and offputting in the bottom note ranges.
    How does everyone feel about longevity with Aventus and projection as it is touted as a great compliment getter. Does it do better in cool weather, as opposed to the warm balmy Ca weather right now. After about 3 hours on my skin the drydown is just about detectable, nose to wrist. What a shame .......maybe today was not the best weather conditions for Aventus ?

People with olfactory fatigue should consider doing the following, spray a max of 3 sprays of Aventus on your body and then dab your finger with the lil that spills from the sprayer and rub it on your mustache area. That will guarantee you smell it all day and you do not fumigate the unfortunate people that come across you.

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    People with olfactory fatigue should consider doing the following, spray a max of 3 sprays of Aventus on your body and then dab your finger with the lil that spills from the sprayer and rub it on your mustache area. That will guarantee you smell it all day and you do not fumigate the unfortunate people that come across you.
    Applying it to your "moustache area" sounds like it would guarantee olfactory fatigue.

I personally believe that wearing Aventus for 2 to 3 straight days will only make your nose used to it even more. What I normally do is to use Aventus once in every 4 - 5 days or so. In this way, you will less likely to have olfactory fatigue and will enjoy the fragrance more. My '11 Z01 and Z02 batch (I believe this is what I receive from Heperd. Thanks again Heperd!) last close to 10 - 12 +hrs. Amazing longevity.

Hey, Stanmar. The projection of Aventus is better than the projection of Angel Men. I was with my father one day and I could smell the Aventus on him from like 3 feet away. I asked him if he could smell it, and he said no. Aventus also lasts 12+ hours on my skin and 48+ hours on clothes.