Code of Conduct

Default What to treat my wife?

Hi everyone this is a first time post on this forum so if its in the wrong place please let me know.

I want to treat my wife to a new fragrance as a treat, she usually wears Chanel Allure and tbh I find it a little overpowering and perhaps a bit too formal for everyday wear. It seems to smell nice when she comes in from work or later if we are out but seems out of place day to day.

Just to give you a bit of background as to what I am looking for is that I wear Aqua di Parma and Creed Vertiver which she likes because 'the smell of holiday' and i want something similar for her.

After looking at the board I am going to try Diptyque but could do with a couple other suggestions. I know this I a sweeping generalisation but how can I make my 'much better' other half smell like Summer in Greece, with no work and only decisions on whether to go for another swim or a walk in the groves?

Any idea?. oh yeah the fragrances need to be quite easily available on a regular shopping trip to town.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: What to treat my wife?

Diptyque Philosykos
    Dior Escale a Portofino
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luckypierre View Post
    Hi everyone this is a first time post on this forum so if its in the wrong place please let me know.

I want to treat my wife to a new fragrance as a treat, she usually wears Chanel Allure and tbh I find it a little overpowering and perhaps a bit too formal for everyday wear. It seems to smell nice when she comes in from work or later if we are out but seems out of place day to day.

Just to give you a bit of background as to what I am looking for is that I wear Aqua di Parma and Creed Vertiver which she likes because 'the smell of holiday' and i want something similar for her.

After looking at the board I am going to try Diptyque but could do with a couple other suggestions. I know this I a sweeping generalisation but how can I make my 'much better' other half smell like Summer in Greece, with no work and only decisions on whether to go for another swim or a walk in the groves?

Any idea?. oh yeah the fragrances need to be quite easily available on a regular shopping trip to town.
    Your wife already enjoys Chanel. Kick it up a notch and get her Coromandel by Chanel. My wife loves and wears Coromandel regularly even though she has many more choices. When shes not looking you can get a couple sprays for yourself.

channel chance is also a lighter option
    Try Dolce and GAbbana Light Blue

24 Faubourg by Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Diptyque Philosykos
    +1 Mentioning you want to try a Diptyque and then adding you want her to smell like summer in Greece and you pretty much have the add copy for Philosykos.

Thanks everyone, will go out tomorrow and try Philosykos, the Dior, as well as possibly Aqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi (I think it is). I have the Arancia in this range and love it but lasts all of about 5mins exceot in the warmest of weather so has had a good outing in recent weeks.

Will try the Hermes if I can find it I tried the Orange Vert for myself once but it was a little too much orange for me but always give it a go.

As for the Chanel, the wife also has the Mademoiselle, Chance and No.19 but doesn't seem to like any of the others. Hence the fact that its pretty scary buying her a suprise scent. Will be peeved if it goes in the drawer with the rest. Hence the wanting something a bit more youthful and lighter, a lot of the chanel seems heavy on her skin. Saying that I demolished a bottle of Monsieur for myself as that has a lovely zest to it.

Interesting user name!

Montale Rose Elixir

Parfumerie Generale Jardins De Kerylos
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
    Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune
    Heeley Figuier

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Diptyque 34 Saint Germain
    Diptyque eau duelle

Thanks for the replies to my post. I want to update you on this weekends shopping expedition.
    I managed to try Aqua di Parma Fico di Amalfi and Diptyque Philosykos both of which were nice.
    The Chanel Coromandel is only available in flag ship dept stores apparently so didn't get to try that but am keen, shallow but I like the fact that its not easily available. I was not a fan of the Hermes, it didn't really fit the smell I was looking for in my opinion, a nice scent but much more heavy and not 'fresh and light' (but then I know next to nothing).

I winner for me was the Dior Portofino it was lovely, and the tester in my pocketr smelt nice all day, I kept having to go back to it. Might try and source a sample before investing as I don't want it to be consigned to the bottom drawer with various xmas perfumes bought by friends, DKNY, Eternity, Victoria Beckham etc.

I also had a squirt of Farahiet which reminds me of my teens and early twenties, that still smells fine to me, am sorely tempted to buy a bottle in homage to my youth. I reminded me of hormones, all night dancing, a long walks home in the morning. Maybe its best I don't revisit it afterall.

There was also a Creed one I checked out for myself I can't remember what its called but it smelt like something the devil would wear, but in a good way. Very manly and musky, not me but testosterone fuelled. Just not that confident, will get the name next time I am out.