Code of Conduct

Default Where can I buy L'INSTANT DE GUERLAIN POUR HOMME EXTREME (edp) ?

Ive only seen it available on ebay and I dont know if I trust that place.

Default Re: Where can I buy L'INSTANT DE GUERLAIN POUR HOMME EXTREME (edp) ?

Your best bet would be to check Strawberrynet (http://us.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx) every few days. They usually have L'Instant Pour Homme Eau Extreme in stock and the price is nice (I think around $65 shipped). Strawberrynet is very reputable and all of their fragrances are authentic (I've purchased from them on numerous occasions). If you want it immediately you should contact the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas (702-732-7008). They are very friendly and will ship.
    "Smell with your nose, not your ears." - Xerjoff Nio, Xerjoff 1861, Profumum Roma Acqua Viva, Neil Morris for Takashimaya, Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Creed Millesime Imperial, YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, YSL Opium Pour Homme EDP, Comme des Garcons Kyoto, Acqua di Parma Oud, Slumberhouse Jeke, Xerjoff Fars and Xerjoff Gao

+1 for strawberrynet.com. You have to check there frequently to score it as they restock it every 3 weeks or so and it only lasts a day or two before it is gone again. The price is $61.00 shipped to the USA. I have ordered two bottles of this stuff from them over the last couple of months. Its the best place to get it.

I just ordered my bottle last saturday, should be arrived in 1 or 2 days. And yes you should check strawberry.net every couple of days because when i checked the next day to order another one it was gone.
    I checked every 3 days for the last couple of months, finally my long wait has paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by vox View Post
    I just ordered my bottle last saturday, should be arrived in 1 or 2 days. And yes you should check strawberry.net every couple of days because when i checked the next day to order another one it was gone.
    I checked every 3 days for the last couple of months, finally my long wait has paid off.
    Your getting a great fragrance and one of the best I have ever smelled. I love the stuff. Also along the same vibe but smoother and sexier is Dior Homme Intense, a fragrance well worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Your getting a great fragrance and one of the best I have ever smelled. I love the stuff. Also along the same vibe but smoother and sexier is Dior Homme Intense, a fragrance well worth checking out.
    i like the EDT version but i do expect the EDP to be more superior, i own Dior Homme Intense and i like it a lot.
    Last edited by vox; 11th July 2011 at 03:44 PM.

If in the UK, department stores like Debenhams. Was cheaper there than what I have seen people sell their used ones(!) for on Ebay.

I scored two back up bottle that were testers on Ebay for wicked cheep price - I think the sell thought they were edt versions. Ebay is not a bad place to check and I don't think you run the risk of counterfit of L"Instant.
    '

i finally got mine!!!

worth the wait.

Beautyencounter has some as of this writing here

I got mine off strawberrynet for $60 shipped by checking it twice a day until it was in stock. Took me about 2 weeks but it was worth it.

Yea, i think strawberry.net would be the safe place to get this baby, but it takes some effort to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Beautyencounter has some as of this writing here
    Beautyencounter sold out in less than a week, but they say more stock is on the way. I still think $74.99 with free shipping is a great price on Beautyencounter when you buy 2 bottles and use their 10% off code...

Doesn't Dior Homme Intense have that massive lipstick/make-up note in it?
    Isn't it more feminine compared to L'Instant Extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcream3133 View Post
    Doesn't Dior Homme Intense have that massive lipstick/make-up note in it?
    Isn't it more feminine compared to L'Instant Extreme?
    The original Dior Homme has that massive lipstick/makeup notes but in the intense the cocoa/vanille is much more pronounced. The iris note is still there but it is muted and gets drowned out by the chocolate type notes. Which is why you always see these two mentioned together in a lot of threads as they both have that semi gourmand vibe. Though DHI as we know it will soon be history.

Why will DHI be history?

Are you referring to the recent reformulation rumors?

If not, its former limited edition status has changed to permanent.

The original Dior Homme has that massive lipstick/makeup notes but in the intense the cocoa/vanille is much more pronounced. The iris note is still there but it is muted and gets drowned out by the chocolate type notes. Which is why you always see these two mentioned together in a lot of threads as they both have that semi gourmand vibe. Though DHI as we know it will soon be history.
    Thank you. I did not know that.
    Where is a good place to purchase Dior Homme Intense at a good price?

Quote Originally Posted by purplelavender View Post
    Why will DHI be history?

Are you referring to the recent reformulation rumors?

If not, its former limited edition status has changed to permanent.
    Hi and welcome to basenotes.

There has been a recent massive thread on the reformulation of this fragrance.

Basically in September Dior will be releasing reformulated versions of both the original and the intense. Whilst the original looks like it is going to be tweeked the intense will be a complete overhaul ie a different fragrance.

With the intense the cocoa/vanille and amber are going to be removed and they are adding pear and ambrette which is a musky type scent. So it is changing from a sexy seductive semi gourmand fragrance that we know and love to a fruity musky cocoction. And that is why a lot of us are buying back up bottles because the current formula will in time disappear from the shops.

Thank you. I did not know that.
    Where is a good place to purchase Dior Homme Intense at a good price?
    It depends what country you are from. In Europe it is pretty easy to find in the shops and online but harder if you are from the States then it would be worth checking out the Dior boutiques.

I'm from the USA. I WAS ALL EXCITED WHEN I saw it on beautyencounter , but then I realized it was the new "reformulated"one because the "original" one only comes in 50ml size. Still on the hunt to buy this online...

I'm from the USA. I WAS ALL EXCITED WHEN I saw it on beautyencounter , but then I realized it was the new "reformulated"one because the "original" one only comes in 50ml size. Still on the hunt to buy this online...
    Lol......The reformulated versions are not released until September and Dior Homme Intense comes in both 50ml and 100ml, I have checked the one on beauty encounter and if you look at the ingredients it is the current sexy stuff. So if it appeals to you, get your credit card out and buy with glee.lol

Oh sweet! Thank you. It's just that when I read the description on fragrantica it said it only came in 50ml. I guess that was when they originally wrote the desvription in 2007 and they just never bothered to update it. Anyways, thanks again

Hi and welcome to basenotes.

There has been a recent massive thread on the reformulation of this fragrance.

Basically in September Dior will be releasing reformulated versions of both the original and the intense. Whilst the original looks like it is going to be tweeked the intense will be a complete overhaul ie a different fragrance.

With the intense the cocoa/vanille and amber are going to be removed and they are adding pear and ambrette which is a musky type scent. So it is changing from a sexy seductive semi gourmand fragrance that we know and love to a fruity musky cocoction. And that is why a lot of us are buying back up bottles because the current formula will in time disappear from the shops.
    Thx for the welcome Jack.

That is terrible news. I was looking forward to getting a bottle of DHI. I already have Guerlain L'instant pour Homme EDP and wanted DHI for less formal situations.

Does anyone know a good alternative to Dior Homme Intense, as the new notes sound terrible.

Personally for me, DHI > L'Instant Extreme, definitely getting backup bottles of DHI, my signature scent.

Thx for the welcome Jack.

That is terrible news. I was looking forward to getting a bottle of DHI. I already have Guerlain L'instant pour Homme EDP and wanted DHI for less formal situations.

Does anyone know a good alternative to Dior Homme Intense, as the new notes sound terrible.
    You can still buy the current version of DHI as the reformulated versions are not out till September so you can still grab a bottle.

Sure, but the end is near and I'd rather find an alternative before I get hooked on DHI :-)

Sure, but the end is near and I'd rather find an alternative before I get hooked on DHI :-)
    get some backup bottles of L'Instant Extreme
    but for me there is something about LIDGE that puts me down a little bit, but i can't tell or describe what is it. something about the drydown.

You know to make a sexy Triad of fragrances Rochas Man imo is well worth checking out and I find it better than the thicky syrupy New Haarlem. It's not as good as the other two but a good gourmand for casual use.

L'Instant Extreme PH, DHI, And Rochas Man and you are set and ready to Rock the world.lol

You already have one alternative, L'Instant Extreme.

Hi all:

Pulling this up to say that Beauty Encounter has L'Instant Extreme right now. Anyone interested might want to check it out because it tends to sell out quickly.

Thanks.

For those periodically checking strawberrynet for this, I would recommend popping onto their site very frequently. I have been checking several times a day for the last two weeks, and they finally had some in stock yesterday morning. However, it must have sold out in a few hours. I managed to order what must have been one of the last bottles, because by the time I logged into BN to bump this thread and provide a link they were all gone.

Also, from what I understand the Guerlain boutiques in the US are not stocking this. I phoned Claire at the Las Vegas boutique a few weeks ago inquiring about this, and I believe he said it is not being sold in the US market. At the very least, he had not seen it at the Vegas location. Good luck to those trying to track this one down! It's an elusive one, it seems.

Has anyone found this in retailers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    For those periodically checking strawberrynet for this, I would recommend popping onto their site very frequently. I have been checking several times a day for the last two weeks, and they finally had some in stock yesterday morning. However, it must have sold out in a few hours. I managed to order what must have been one of the last bottles, because by the time I logged into BN to bump this thread and provide a link they were all gone.

Also, from what I understand the Guerlain boutiques in the US are not stocking this. I phoned Claire at the Las Vegas boutique a few weeks ago inquiring about this, and I believe he said it is not being sold in the US market. At the very least, he had not seen it at the Vegas location. Good luck to those trying to track this one down! It's an elusive one, it seems.
    I've been checking multiple times a day and still missed it!!

it's amazing how i live 2 minutes away from the guerlain boutique in toronto, canada but there is no dior boutique in all of canada.
    had to order my DHI from strawberrynet few days ago. waiting for it now.

i really wanted guerlain l'instant extreme initially but since i'm only 21 and have immediate access to l'instant extreme, chose to go DHI instead.

Hopefully they just got a small shipment in, and in the future will have larger lots to sell from. And I really, really hope people aren't simply buying up multiple bottles to sell on ebay. But it seemed like a "blink and you miss it" deal yesterday as I went to bed rather late and checked right before going to bed, and checked again first thing in the morning. Within minutes of ordering my bottle they sold out. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post

Yea checking at least 2+ times a day is the best way to go. When it's in stock, it doesn't last more than a day from what I've seen.

I hear that the new Indiana Jones film is going to be called The Quest For The Last Bottle Of L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme.

It is going to be action packed with Indy (our hero) trying to find a bottle of this juice. Apparently he is been chased by villains and women are trying to seduce him for a bottle of this juice. His search takes him across the world facing many dangers just for a bottle.

How is it going to turn out, watch now at a Cinema near you.lol

I hear that the new Indiana Jones film is going to be called The Quest For The Last Bottle Of L'Instant Extreme Pour Homme.

It is going to be action packed with Indy (our hero) trying to find a bottle of this juice. Apparently he is been chased by villains and women are trying to seduce him for a bottle of this juice. His search takes him across the world facing many dangers just for a bottle.

How is it going to turn out, watch now at a Cinema near you.lol
    I heard that it ends with Indy finally getting the bottle, only to find out it has been reformulated, thereby causing his face to melt a la the Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Out of curiosity, there's no page on strawberrynet that you can just pull up or reload to see if it's in stock, right? It seems I have to search for it each time, it doesn't look like they show out-of-stock search results.

Also, if someone finds it at Strawberrynet, can they post here after they've made their own orders? In case my daily check misses it, it would be nice to have a thread that tracks where it's available. I'll post here if/when I find it on Strawberrynet.

No dedicated page to it, but you can bookmark the Guerlain page with all the men's fragrances on it and it will show up on there when it comes in stock.

I don't see Guerlain Instant Extreme on Strawberrynet either.

But if you really want it just call the boutique in Toronto, I asked what can they do, and they said they can ship it to you no sales tax or shipping costs. runs around 74 to 80 dollars depending on size. Do it and update us.

Dudester, thanks for the solid tip. For now, I'll wait to see if I can get it for ~$60 at Strawberrynet, but in a month or two I'll try the boutique route (which is what I had to do to get backups of Dior Homme Intense). Can't believe they don't charge shipping or tax in Toronto.

Also, Jack Hunter brings up a good point with Rochas Man. If you love gourmands, Rochas and DHI/LIdGE make a great combo. Wear Rochas Man during the day for casual wear, then spruce up with DHI/LIdGE for the evening.

For those that have DHI and LIdGE, how do you decide which to wear? Are they appropriate for similar occasions and seasons?

I've tried L'instant extreme but it just seems too mature for me. Maybe once I hit 30+, but too mature for me to wear now at least imo

I don't know if it's the iris or whatever, but DHI is just a little bit more youthful when compared to L'instant extreme

I think DHI has a modernity to it that lends itself to youthfulness. Maybe it's from the iris, not really sure. It's one of the things I enjoy about DHI though, it feels refined and modern at the same time (not always easy to achieve).

EDIT: Nevermind.
    Last edited by Ivory88; 15th October 2011 at 08:29 AM.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Does anyone know where one in the US can buy LIDGE now? Strawberrynet doesnt seem to be carrying it anymore, and escentual won't ship it outside of europe. I haven't even seen it on ebay lately.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post
    Does anyone know where one in the US can buy LIDGE now? Strawberrynet doesnt seem to be carrying it anymore, and escentual won't ship it outside of europe. I haven't even seen it on ebay lately.
    Guerlain Boutique in Toronto. (416) 929-6114

They will ship to the US.
    Last edited by PalmBeach; 26th October 2012 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post

They were out of stock as of Wednesday. Expecting a shipment soon...I hope.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post

Strawberrynet had at least 2 bottles the other day, because they are now on their way to me. I was thrilled because i hadn't gone there looking for it, so whatever i went there to buy was abandoned, because they had some LIDGE. i just checked again, and it's gone. I was gonna get some backups.